40 Songs Gatsby Loves and his Top 10 Favorite

Tools    

I'm glad you found space for some Motown - The Four Tops too, great! - the anthems of my childhood love Give it Up and the Sounds of Silence (Rhys has that too) Good choices!

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
KC & The Sunshine Band - Give it Up

I got a kick out of hearing this today because it has been years since I have heard it (and I've yet to see "Kingsman: the Secret Service" - it would've been a nice surprise ).

I mentioned being reminded of my childhood with those other songs. Now this really reminds me of it. I can still remember the one brother loving this song. But then again, so did I.

Ah, the 80's.

I haven't seen The Lost Boys, but the use of People are Strange in that scene is awesome and Rodent calls the film "Pure 80s sex". Looking forward to a great two hours.
Wha? Not a Doors fan, hasn't seen The Lost Boys?!?!?1 Why do I even bother with you?

Master of My Domain
Elvis Presley - Viva Las Vegas

Classy Presley song, has everything you would expect, calm but powerful low voice and a great amount of energy, I love Rock songs but I wish there were more songs like this one.

Subdivisions - Rush

Sadly this song pretty much sums up my school life. Also Rush is my favorite band and Neil Pearth is my favorite drummer so you'll be seeing a lot of songs from them from now on. Saving the best for last.

Earth, Wind and Fire - Boogie Wonderland

If you can't dance to this song you're not human.

The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash

Near perfect song. Lyrics are always a strong point of the Stones and the lyrics of Jumpin' Jack Fish is one of my favorite.

7. Free Bird

No, this song is not all about the long guitar solo and it is not overrated. I love how it starts out quietly and precise, then suddenly explodes and keeps on rockin'; amazing build up. My fav from Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Earth Wind and Fire, AND The Stones! You somehow found a way to get even cooler Gatsby! Grew up on the Stones, love them more then the Beatles. And Jumpin' Jack Flash was even my father's nickname for me. And of course who doesn't love Elvis?

"Free Bird" brings back too many bad memories.

(Warning: Major spoiler for anyone who hasn't seen The Devil's Rejects)

Master of My Domain
Earth Wind and Fire, AND The Stones! You somehow found a way to get even cooler Gatsby! Grew up on the Stones, love them more then the Beatles. And Jumpin' Jack Flash was even my father's nickname for me. And of course who doesn't love Elvis?
Very cool nickname GS, and I'm lucky you got to grow up with those legendary bands. I only started getting into them when I was a teenager (my parents weren't a big fan of old pop/rock). Glad you liked my picks.
Never heard of "Jumpin' Jack Fish"

Some good picks here, though none are particular favorites of mine.
Who cares if I change it to "Fish" my mistake? This is my list, and I love fish.
OK, so the first two in that post are pretty rubbish, but the last three are all pure gold and there's gotta be rep for that.
A 3/5 from HK means I'll be thankful anytime of the day.
[quote=Captain Spaulding;1354401]"Free Bird" brings back too many bad memories. [quote]
Awwww, don't be so sad. You have a lot of new rejects here at MoFo to fool around with, and go on murder sprees.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Earth, Wind and Fire - Boogie Wonderland

If you can't dance to this song you're not human.
I agree. I love Earth, Wind and Fire, anyway, though.

Master of My Domain
Ozzy Osbourne - Goodbye to Romance

Osbourne is awesome when he gets a bit soft. The moderate tempo and the nice guitar sounds back a rough but surprisingly tender voice.

Pixies - Where is my mind

Loved this song when first heard it during my first viewing of Fight Club, years ago, and today it still remains as a favorite.

"You're not your job
You're not how much money you have in the bank
You're not the car you drive
You're not the contents of your wallet
You're not the ****ing khakis
You're the all singing, all dancing crap of the world"

Queens - Another One Bites the Dust

If you ever perform CPR, remember that the beat of this song is perfect for reminding yourself how many pumps per minute you have to do. I predict MV will storm in and say, "You should have picked a better Queens song (Bohemian Rhapsody I assume)".

Michael Jackson - Billie Jean

Best Michael Jackson.

6. Bjork - Hyperballad

This pick is gonna rattle some marbles. Even though my taste is pretty pop and rock centered I find Bjork's songs to be beautiful, ominous, and dreamy, her videos are great too.

Big +rep for "Billie Jean," probably my favorite MJ song.

Also for "Another One Bites the Dust"

ETA: Just read your comment on the Queen song. I'm actually not sure what song I'd pick as my favorite Queen, so this one's fine.

Master of My Domain
The Who - Love Reign Over Me

Just randomly chose one song about of every single The Who song I love, but I also chose this one it's very nice despite low recognition.

The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter

The iconic Stones songs still remains awesome and holy no matter how many times it is played. Some songs just never get old, they just get younger and younger.

Toto - Africa

New favorite for me. Did not know a thing about "Toto" until months ago, and I started really digging most of their songs. Africa is one of them.

The Kinks - Lola

I love a song when it tells a story, Lola nails it. The lyrics are quite funny if you pay close attention and is somewhat a simple unlikely love song.

5. Estranged

My favorite GNR song, which is a band that has generated so many favorites. Like CS, I used to listen to the song as a mean of comfort and escape from loneliness. I can't believe this wasn't added to the Greatest Hits album.