40 Songs Gatsby Loves and his Top 10 Favorite

Tools    

Master of My Domain

Welcome to Gatsby's music list! I asked a few MoFos if they wanted a music related top list from me, and most were enthusiastic about it. Ever since I started joining Song Tournaments I've always wanted to pimp my tastes to others, and now my chance has come (hopefully).

About the weird title. I started making a Top 50 list, but I hate ranking stuff, so I failed miserably. I also faced the problem of completing a list, then forgetting a few good song, resulting in a huge re-arrangement - quite a frequent nuisance. So I decided to post 40 songs I just love, and the rest of the 10 will be an actual Top 10. This is how it will work:

- This thread will consist of 10 sets of 5, a total of 50 songs. In each set there will be 4 songs, unranked, and the last fifth song will be my #10, then the next set will have #9, then #8, and so on.

- Each song will consist of a medium-length write up, a music video or lyric video if I can't find a music video.

- I will also have a video of a drum cover for the song, because I'm a drummer and drum covers are awesome, especially if they are "covering" songs I adore.

Hope everyone enjoys this thread! Questions and complaints via PM please.

Master of My Domain
The Who - Join Together

Even though the popularity has risen, this song, like many other The Who songs, is underrated. Join Together is really catchy, easy to dance with, and the harmonica sounds are great, used to introduce people into a world of eclectic young spirit.

White Stripes - Hotel Yorba

White Stripes just the way I like it. It has the great unique of Jack White with a simple, yet easy-going melody that you can't help but enjoy. And the chemistry between the two in the video is awesome.

The Notorious B.I.G - Juicy

I know this song is played over and over again, being such a memorable rap song and a huge influence, but it means it's really great, and it is. It's the kind of rap I like, with no annoying gangsta lovin' crap artists yaking about crack and hot women.

Deep Purple - Fireball

I usually don't listen to speed metal, but when I do, it's most of the time a classic Deep Purple song. Their songs are full of unmatchable energy, and if it has a good drum beat, then that's Fireball.

10. Warren Zevon - Lawyers, Guns, and Money

The first official Top 10 from my list. This is my favorite Warren Zevon song that has everything I love about him. The lyrics are darkly amusing and vocals are a killer. My favorite used to be Werewolves of London, but I realized that his more under-appreciated ones are true gems.

Gatsby, looking forward to the whole list. Being old-school, I liked The Who and Deep Purple choices, plus your official Warren Zevon. Dig those tunes!

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
You'll always get when it come to The Who.

WE WANT RECENT !

Master of My Domain
Gatsby, looking forward to the whole list. Being old-school, I liked The Who and Deep Purple choices, plus your official Warren Zevon. Dig those tunes!
Thanks dadgumblah. Didn't expect you to comment on this list.
You'll always get when it come to The Who.
Then you'll be glad to hear that there are going to be a good amount of The Who songs.
Hotel Yorba is pretty recent.
I see White Stripes. I am pleased.
Yeah I know you're a huge White Stripes fanboy. No interest in the other songs I guess?

Thanks dadgumblah. Didn't expect you to comment on this list.

Then you'll be glad to hear that there are going to be a good amount of The Who songs.

Hotel Yorba is pretty recent.

Yeah I know you're a huge White Stripes fanboy. No interest in the other songs I guess?
don't dislike it but don't like it either it's average (in my opinion) I think I'm gonna do a top too tonight

The Zevon song is my favorite out of the first set, and I also really like Join Together and Hotel Yorba.

I added the other two to my listenlist.

Master of My Domain
but hey man I do love Fireball so I give you rep for that
Damn, what took you so long? You an overall fan of Deep Purple or just Fireball?
The Zevon song is my favorite out of the first set, and I also really like Join Together and Hotel Yorba.

I added the other two to my listenlist.
Well, I knew you had a watchlist, but a listenlist is something entirely new to me. Maybe I should make one, but I want my life to be a bit easier. Glad you liked 3/5 songs from the list, and hell, the rest are one you haven't even heard yet, So I guess this is sweet victory.

Thanks dadgumblah. Didn't expect you to comment on this list.: up:
But why? I dig music. Especially the rock and or roll, which is a dying thing methinks, so I sometimes go for the popular things that the young kids enjoy. Some of them.

Master of My Domain
Oh sh*t, I totally forgot about the drum covers last time, from now on I'll be sure to add them... whether you like 'em or not. :

Van Halen - Hot for Teacher

This song and video pretty much sums up the 80s. If released today Van Halen's masterpiece would be banned within hours, because these days people don't allow smoking hot teacher in bikinis and "attempted" child molestation. They also probably wouldn't know how awesome the opening drum solo is and the guitar solo in the library table.

George Michael - Faith

Whenever I listen to this song I automatically catch the rhythm and bob my head, and it usually doesn't leave my head for the rest of the day. Also those ass close-ups are magnificent.

Reach Out I'll be There - Four Tops

Great cheer-up song that always puts me in a better mood than five minutes ago. It's like comfort food, nothing that special about it but it's definitely a favorite.

Edgar Winter Group - Frankenstein

One of my favorite instrumental rock songs that goes from an average level of insanity into a head explosion inducing madness. I immensely enjoy playing this song on the drums.

9. People are Strange

This song was a hit with me when the lyrics were extremely relatable back in High School, my dark years. (now luckily not so much, but it's been a year without a girl so the lonely feels are starting to kick in again ). My favorite The Doors song, and I'm not even a fan of them.

Master of My Domain
Not a fan of The Doors? Y'see, this is why we disagree all the time.
But their best song is my 9th favorite song of all-time

Btw I also like L.A Woman, The End, I'm Horny I'm Stoned and Light my Fire.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Two songs on this list that remind me of my childhood.

"Hot for Teacher" for my brothers (I haven't heard this one in years).

"Faith" for my mother. She loved this song. Or maybe it was just the video.