Request a Movie

Tools    

Master of My Domain
Just got an idea today about this thread and I would like to share it with you MoFos.

This thread is a place where you can request for any films that you want to watch of any genre or style. The purpose of this thread is so that by finding good movies from asking on this thread members can gain a better movie taste and increase their overall knowledge in film.

You can be a requester, adviser, or maybe even both at the same time. The bottom line is, this thread is free for you to post anytime regardless of what you want. Have discussions, debates, chats etc. about movies requested/recommended and judge whether they are suitable to watch or not.

I strongly advise for people who request a movie to be very specific and state some films you have seen in order to avoid any confusion. Without this for example, when you ask for an animated film they may give you Toy Story to watch which to what I know... if you like movies to the point where you join a forum just for it that movie is definitely something seen.

And for the people who want to recommend a film, remember to not force the requester to watch a film only you like. Everyone has their own film tastes, and no matter how trashy it is it deserves to be respected.

In conclusion, let's all work together to make this thread a wonderful place with peace and most importantly, have fun.

Master of My Domain
Looking for a good satire film as it is one of my favorite genres, I have seen most of the famous ones like City Lights, Borat, Team America World Police etc. Any recommendations?

Master of My Domain
Thanks Quill, will look into it when I have enough time.

I'm going mainstream but when I think satite the first that come to mind I love are Strangelove, Mash, and Election.

Master of My Domain
I'm going mainstream but when I think satite the first that come to mind I love are Strangelove, Mash, and Election.
Strangelove and Election are ones I've seen, but never heard of Mash. Will add it to my satire movie watching list.

Strangelove and Election are ones I've seen, but never heard of Mash. Will add it to my satire movie watching list.
surprised you haven't heard of M*A*S*H. It was later turned into a tv-show.

Anyone have any Mike Leigh recommendations for me? I have seen and own Naked, which I like very much, but his filmmaking process fascinates me and I want to see more.

Anyone have any Mike Leigh recommendations for me? I have seen and own Naked, which I like very much, but his filmmaking process fascinates me and I want to see more.
I love Secret & Lies and Happy-Go-Lucky.

I have no idea what to watch, so please someone choose a movie for me from one of these lists. Just one you think is amazing and you would recommend!

Drama list: http://i59.tinypic.com/35lxo5v.jpg

Mixed list (going from action to animation to horror to comedy): http://i60.tinypic.com/28gz5gg.jpg

I tried watching it once, didn't get that far as I wasn't feeling it... But I will probably give it another go some time!

Thanks for the recommendation anyways!

I have no idea what to watch, so please someone choose a movie for me from one of these lists. Just one you think is amazing and you would recommend!

Drama list: http://i59.tinypic.com/35lxo5v.jpg

Mixed list (going from action to animation to horror to comedy): http://i60.tinypic.com/28gz5gg.jpg
Bicycle thieves and/or Good Will Hunting

I tried watching it once, didn't get that far as I wasn't feeling it... But I will probably give it another go some time!

Thanks for the recommendation anyways!
Metropolis or Trainspotting,

As you haven't seen anything by Tarkovsky i would go for Ivan's Childhood.

Come and See by Elem Klimov is a rather disturbing war movie and not for the faint of heart. I recommend that as well.

Of those already mentioned Bicycle Thieves is excellent and the epitome of the Italian Neo-Realism imo!

Metropolis is a classic science fiction movie that every movie fan ought to have seen!

Can someone recommend a movie that repeats?
I've already seen Groundhog Day, Source Code, and Edge of Tomorrow.
Triangle - a great, intense and underseen horror movie. If you like the thriller/horror genre it should be worth a watch.