Gatsby's Top 51 Films

→ in
Tools    

Master of My Domain
37. Ghostbusters

Just a good ol' fun flick that can be enjoyed anytime anywhere, but is one of the favorite out of those types because of its creativity and humor.

36. Full Metal Jacket

Another Kubrick Film. This time he made me realize I was a modern masterpiece.

35. Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels

A funny, twisted version of the typical gangster films.

48. Mad Max

**removed the image to prevent spam. Still new here **

A classic speedy, hardcore brutal action movie that manages to be so without going messily over-the-top like many imitators do.
Damn I just can't wait for the reboot! Just hoping they don't take too much away from the original. The trailer does seem to honor the original, a cameo from Mel Gibson would be amazing, in a traditional witty manner. Lets just hope Tom Hardy can live up to the legend of Rockatansky

+ rep for Starship Troopers (which I completely love) and Ghostbusters, which I used to really love, but haven't seen in forever.

Master of My Domain
+ rep for Starship Troopers (which I completely love) and Ghostbusters, which I used to really love, but haven't seen in forever.
Glad you like this set.

Master of My Domain
Sorry, I don't like that set. I like those two films. I hate Lock Stock and FMJ. Sorry.
I knew that

Full Metal Jacket is amazazazing (you know like Travis Bickle's organazazied).

Lord High Filmquisitor
Ghostbusters is great. Full Metal Jacket, despite being unevenly good, is easily one of my favorites.

I've loved Ghosbusters ever since I was a kid. I've probably seen it two dozen times or more over the course of my life, yet it never fails to entertain.

I say this every time Full Metal Jacket appears on one of these lists, but I love the first half in the boot camp. The rest? Not so much.

I've disliked Guy Ritchie's films so much that I now purposefully avoid them.

Master of My Domain
34. Three Idiots

A great satire on education that only teaches students to memorize facts, then it just escalates (in a good way lol) from there. Even with that theme it would have been a good movie, but it doesn't stop there. It tosses things to think about ranging from life to death, and the best part is that like a lot of films I like uses a comedy not to distract the viewers from these, but actually help emphasize them.

33. Die Hard

Why don't they make action movies like this anymore?

32. 2001: A Space Odyssey

How this film was made in the year 1968 still utterly shocks me. The effects, editing, direction, cinematography... even today it doesn't look unnatural at all. I believe that in order for technology such as CGI to be used there must be a story that can handle it (unfortunately that's not the case these days where looking good on screen is ahead of the story and acting). It does have a bit of flaws though, but other than that its perfect.

Lord High Filmquisitor
Die Hard is across the board awesome.

I've always had some pretty mixed feelings toward 2001. The first half is as unutterably dull as the second half is absolutely brilliant. If it was literally just the second half of the film, it would probably make my top 10 (top 15 at least).. To be fair, though, I do feel like I'm due for a rewatch pretty soon.

I have not seen 2010.

Rough set for me Gatsby. Never heard of 3 Idiots. I don't think I loved Die Hard even when I was into action movies. Watched 2001 since coming to this site. To say I don't get the love would be an understatement.