Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones

→ in
Tools    

Huh? What's a U?

I copied you cuz I thought you said it best Spuddy.

Huh? What scenes? You mean when he said "Oh, you know me Master, I couldn't find a speeder I liked" with the same tone of voice as when he said "Why did she have to die!?" and "Not just the men, I killed women and children too" Blaaaah! What a rotten job.

At first the love story was kind of interesting cuz he says he's been in love with her for 10 years. So like what, when he was 6, 8? At first I thought that was kind of stupid but then I thought about it. Hmm.. maybe he's psychologically damaged somehow. Plus he's obsessed with Padme. This might be good. Then I couldn't figure out why she fell in love with him, maybe he was so obsessed he did the Jedi mind control thing. So then Luke and Leia were born from a lie. That would have been good! But that didn't happen and the rotten acting made me realize the whole love storyline sucked.

When I say non-nerd I mean I'm not the kind of guy who watches every episode 20 times to count the number of hairs on Yoda's head to tell my friends of the discrepancys.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Alrighty Sun, I will let you slide this time.

Christensen didn't have any range, just like sun said. If he improves for Episode III I'll back off.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Huh? What scenes? You mean when he said "Oh, you know me Master, I couldn't find a speeder I liked" with the same tone of voice as when he said "Why did she have to die!?" and "Not just the men, I killed women and children too" Blaaaah! What a rotten job.
Bah. Bah bah bah. He didn't say it with anywhere near the same tone of voice. I thought his little rant on the Raiders was PERFECT. Especially the part where he said "I HATE THEM!" That was flawlessly delivered...he was crying, but completely irate...and his lip was, I think, trembling. It was very convincing, IMO. I don't care what ya'll say: he handled intensity fairly well, IMO.

At first the love story was kind of interesting cuz he says he's been in love with her for 10 years. So like what, when he was 6, 8? At first I thought that was kind of stupid but then I thought about it. Hmm.. maybe he's psychologically damaged somehow. Plus he's obsessed with Padme. This might be good.
I don't think so...I just think he was completely smitten. It doesn't seem completely ridiculous to me.

Then I couldn't figure out why she fell in love with him, maybe he was so obsessed he did the Jedi mind control thing. So then Luke and Leia were born from a lie.
No way. The Jedi mind trick only works on the weak-minded, remember? And we all know her character is far from weak-minded.

WARNING: "Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones" spoilers below
She fell in love with him, IMO (after seeing the film a second time), when he went in search of his mother. Look at the way she started to look at him then...when he was faced with the possibility that she was dead. And the way she looked at him after he brought her body back...I think it was obvious she suddenly saw him as a man, rather than a boy. Just my opinion, though.

I think she fell in love with him 'cause he's Mr. Hottie-Intense-Black Cape-Almost Jedi-Guy. He floated a piece of fruit across the table... what woman could resist?

Using the Force to impress a girl... the first sign of the turn to the Dark Side...

Originally posted by Mary Loquacious
I think she fell in love with him 'cause he's Mr. Hottie-Intense-Black Cape-Almost Jedi-Guy. He floated a piece of fruit across the table... what woman could resist?
=) I agree. The ability to levitate fruit is sexy.

I dunno if someone already mentioned this, but there's this huge thing about how when Obi-Wan died, he dissapeared into the Force, but when Qui-Gon, Darth Maul, and Darth Vader die, they don't dissapear. My little theory is that Obi-Wan was ready to die...he basically surrendered, while the others weren't prepared to die...eh?

Qui Gon wasnt good enough, you have to be like yoda good, and obi wan was. Maul was on the same level as Qui Gon and Vader actually did join the force
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

I don't know if it's just Jedi Masters. I think there's something else there that will be revealed in Episode III. That's just my opinion, though...I do think being "ready to die" might have something to do with it.

Whad'you know?
Originally posted by greppin
Ani's acting was good, you do better!
Alright, I will. Just have me in touch with George Lucas, and we'll see if we can work something out for Episode III

Forceometer

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by bigvalbowski
Forceometer
I got an 8, which is Luke Skywalker.

Back to the movie.

Let me clarify that in whole, Christensen's acting wasn't all bad, but the majority of it was poorly delivered.

Why am I here?
I got 3 that's darth maul!! Which sucks.

Did anyone catch that lame anti-smoking thing

"Hey wanna buy death sticks?"

Sic Networks

A 7--and I am Mace Windu, a Supreme bad-a*s Jedi who resonates with the Force. Whoo-hoo! Thanks for the link, Val!

And yup:

Let me clarify that in whole, Christensen's acting wasn't all bad, but the majority of it was poorly delivered.
I competely agree, Spud.

I'm Han Solo but you all knew that already, right?

I got an eight -- I think that makes me Luke. I wasn't paying much attention, though. Some of the questions were pretty funny; like the one about shiny floors. I'm just pissed that I didn't get to be Yoda, of course.

I am Mace Windu.

And Mace Windu fought!

"This party's over."

i think he should ahve used the rules of engagement shoot the mother f***ers!

Hmm... there's a good question. Would you rather have a light saber or a blaster if you were in a battle for your life? A light saber would be cool, but without the Force, it wouldn't be as effective as a blaster--a high-tech Colonel Colt's Equalizer.

And o'course, I'd rather not be involved in any activities which might result in a battle for my life...

"Fabricated American"
2 "The Servent Of Evil"

Fear My Wrath!!!! Muahahahahahaha!!!!!

-Darth T. Bunny

Now With Moveable Parts
WARNING: "AOTC" spoilers below
I totally think that after Anikin slaughtered the Tuscan villiage, he indulged in that hate...and it made him feel more powerful; but that's just the beginning. Now that Padme and Anikin are married, I think something awful will happen to Padme and that will throw Anikin over the edge and into the hands of the Dark Side. I bet you guys are all going," Well, duh Sades." Anyways, that's my prediction and I'm stickin' to it.

I loved the movie as a whole...there's some stuff I would have changed...but nothing major. Nice touch having that beast thing rip the mid-section of Padme's outfit off, very subtle.