Best Movie Ever FINALE... GRANDE FINALE

Tools    

Casablanca v Dr Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

It's a beautiful final. Two B+W films made before the 1970s. Who would have thunk it?

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
Dr.Strangelove.

ugh! Casablanca as the second best film ever made? what is wrong with you people?

*spit*

Casablanca

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Casablanca
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
I'm going with Casablanca.
It's timeless...

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
omg faint omg faint omg faint omg faint omg faint omg faint omg faint omg faint

Dr. Strangelove Or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Why the change, the edit, you may ask.
Well, I think I came down to a realisation that I hadn't voted for which film I enjoyed more. Rather, I had let my pop-culture radar tell me which one the rest of the world would have voted for, and I complied based on that. I don't want to vote like that, however.

That being said, Strangelove is not the best film ever made, not the best film ever, not at all. I look forward to seeing the final list in order of appearance and have the debate that is sure to follow.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room!"

Dr. Strangelove
or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
"I think you're some sort of deviated pre-vert. I think General Ripper found out about your pre-version, and that you were organizing some kind of mutiny of pre-verts."
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
wow. at least one person with sense.

..........doctor strangelove.

Dr. Strangelove (weird how it ended up here, but im more than ok with it)
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

... and DR STRANGELOVE OR HOW I LEARNED TO STOP WORRYING AND LOVE THE BOMB
...is MovieForum.net's favourite movie.

Now can we do the same thing for the "BEST OF THE REST"?
How about a full and comprehensive list of all the movies in order of our votation?