The Movie Forums Top 100 of All-Time Refresh

→ in
Tools    

Sorting by genre is very difficult. Many cross over to multiple avenues per individual. Decades, is much easier...
Yeah, coming up with my genre list was a lot harder than I expected.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
If I were less distracted I would've built a submission tool so people can submit lists without having to PM and stuff. Maybe for the next one, someone remind me when we start making choices about that. I think that might help with some of the gunshy folks.

submission tool?

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I'm surprised I didn't have any westerns, when I love those.
well, apparently, you don't. Not really.
My #2 is a western and would be shocked to see it on the list. Trust me, it's brilliant!
two of mine are high up as well. In fact, the other two are near the bottom.

Comedy: 6
Crime: 4
Western: 4
Drama: 3
Adventure: 2
Period Piece: 1
War: 1
Fantasy: 1
Noir: 1
Sci Fi: 1
Romance: 1
and there is a bit of crossover across the board for multiple genres but I attempted to go with the strongest of them to single them out

Jeez, you guys made me check my own list now.
There's actually more than I thought from after the year 2000

2010s: 5
2000s: 4
1990s: 5
1980s: 8
1970s: 2
1960s: 0
1950s: 1

I said my list was thin on modern movies and it's almost half the bloody list
Action: 6 full, +1 borderline
Horror: 5 full, + 4 borderline
Fantasy: 2 full, +1 borderline
Drama: 5 full, +2 borderline
Adventure: 2 full, +2 borderline
Film Noir: 1 full, +1 borderline
Animation: 1 full, + 1 borderline
Comedy: 3 full, +1 borderline

25, with 13 of them mixed... and 15 of them are full sci-fi crossed with that lot ^^

Obviously there's crossovers in genre This was fun figuring this out tbh
Interesting to actually see where my tastes in genre and decade actually lie.

submission tool?

and then precedes to put Star Wars as the #1 movie while the others that are going over the lists aren't looking lol

I'm surprised I didn't have any westerns, when I love those.
Well, I'm sure you'd have a couple in a top 50 list.

I'll be curious to see which films from the 2000s were considered to be top 25 "best" films. Perhaps they were actually more "favorite" films..

Action: 6 full, +1 borderline
Horror: 5 full, + 4 borderline
Fantasy: 2 full, +1 borderline
Drama: 5 full, +2 borderline
Adventure: 2 full, +2 borderline
Film Noir: 1 full, +1 borderline
Animation: 1 full, + 1 borderline
Comedy: 3 full, +1 borderline

25, with 13 of them mixed... and 15 of them are full sci-fi crossed with that lot ^^

Obviously there's crossovers in genre This was fun figuring this out tbh
Interesting to actually see where my tastes in genre and decade actually lie.

Hey, nobody said math was involved...

Kubrick and Welles, who I would say at the moment are probably my top 2 directors of all-time both got shut out of my picks.

Some of the films in my list could be argued as being part of multiple genres, but I'll say the one which I think sticks out the most about them.
Yeah, that's what I did too. To hard for me to name all the multiple genres for each of my noms so I didn't bother with that.

lol, we're all just biding time and making new reasons to post since we're so hyped for the list.
Too true!

My #2 is a western and would be shocked to see it on the list. Trust me, it's brilliant!
I'm curious as to what it was? Of course you can't post it now, but after the entire countdown is done I'll be looking to see what it is.

Kubrick and Welles, who I would say at the moment are probably my top 2 directors of all-time both got shut out of my picks.

Sorting by genre is very difficult. Many cross over to multiple avenues per individual. Decades, is much easier...

Not for me. Pretty much 97% horror. Not that any but 3 will place.

Da 5 Bloods taking this home!
Never heard of that movie but it would be good if a movie that was not on the 2010 version of top 100 movies list from the forums on here, get #1, in fact it would be nice if some of them even made it to the top 10 or 25

if spring breakers isn’t in the top 10 i’m gonna riot