'Dark' [Netflix]

Tools    

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Just finished Season 2. This is without doubt one of the greatest television programmes ever made. It is also one of the best time travel tale's ever, and I'd include all movies in that too.

Utterly amazing television.
How does it compare to stranger things season 1 and 2. I’ve heard they are comparable....which is good as I enjoyed ST season 1 and 2.

How does it compare to stranger things season 1 and 2. I’ve heard they are comparable....which is good as I enjoyed ST season 1 and 2.
It's all about personal taste - but I much prefer Dark. Stranger Things is way more accessible. Dark takes more brainpower.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
It's all about personal taste - but I much prefer Dark. Stranger Things is way more accessible. Dark takes more brainpower.
I’ll give it a go, I don’t have much brain power in abundance though.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
It's worth it.

I watched the first couple episodes of S2 on de plane and I'm gonna have to start S2 over.

The only thing I got out of it was a guy that looks like Pizza tha Hut.

Skipped through the entire first season again to refresh my memory, glad I did. The second season would've been hard to follow hadn't I done that.
Just finished S2, have to agree with Scarlet this is one of the best time travel related projects ever, that's in tv and movieland.
Besides that everything else; the drama, acting casting, cinematography, story, soundtrack and wardrobe are all amazing!
This series definitely became one of my favorites ever after season 2.

Skipped through the entire first season again to refresh my memory, glad I did. The second season would've been hard to follow hadn't I done that.
Just finished S2, have to agree with Scarlet this is one of the best time travel related projects ever, that's in tv and movieland.
Besides that everything else; the drama, acting casting, cinematography, story, soundtrack and wardrobe are all amazing!
This series definitely became one of my favorites ever after season 2.
The casting is impeccable. The older versions really do look like their younger selves.

The casting is impeccable. The older versions really do look like their younger selves.

Indeed, must have been a hell of a casting search for exactly the right characteristic features for every role x 3, older Ulrich very impressive too.. except for maybe middle-aged Jonas..

So theories?

WARNING: "Huge dark" spoilers below
-Is Adam really Jonas? I have a feeling it might turn out to be Bartosz. Or maybe it's the missing character - the detective's murdered brother? If it is Bartosz, he could have shot Martha out of jealousy that she chose Jonas instead of him

-Does elisabeth now go back in time to fool around with Noah? Does she take charlotte with her as they seem to connect through the wormhole and touch hands?

-Is the new Martha actually the same Martha? Perhaps she is not related to jonas in her dimension thus giving legitemacy to their love?

- Is Boris Niewald (real name of the new nuclear plant boss) named Niewald because it's a concoction of the names Nielsen and Kahnwald???? Could it be that he is the son of Hannah and Ulrich? Or even Jonas and Martha?

headaches all round. Unbelievable show

WARNING: "spoilers" spoilers below
-Is Adam really Jonas? I have a feeling it might turn out to be Bartosz. Or maybe it's the missing character - the detective's murdered brother? If it is Bartosz, he could have shot Martha out of jealousy that she chose Jonas instead of him
Good theory hadn't thought of that, with the introduction of alternate dimensions it could also be a "Jonas 2" who only cares about his dimension Martha and not the one he shot..
-Does elisabeth now go back in time to fool around with Noah? Does she take charlotte with her as they seem to connect through the wormhole and touch hands?
This storyline confuses me most and doesn't add up to me sci-fi science wise lol..
-Is the new Martha actually the same Martha? Perhaps she is not related to jonas in her dimension thus giving legitemacy to their love?
Nah I really think a Martha2 because of the similar but still very different travel gadget..
- Is Boris Niewald (real name of the new nuclear plant boss) named Niewald because it's a concoction of the names Nielsen and Kahnwald???? Could it be that he is the son of Hannah and Ulrich? Or even Jonas and Martha?
Hannah and Egon '54?
headaches all round. Unbelievable show
Headaches indeed, will be watching S2 again, right before S3!

Don't forget though that Katherina has just opened up the new dimension, so it would be easy for Martha1 to take the existing time travel gadgets into the new dimension and improve upon them and introduce them to other versions of herself.

Yeah Hannah stayed in 1954 didn't she so that's possible but Egon is a Tiedemann not a Kahnwald.

Guess that starts the clock on somebody watching S2, finally. I swear I've watched those first 2 episodes a couple times...

I just finished my marathon of all seasons (the first two were rewatches). I'm not calling the third season bad, but it was a considerable disappointment. It spends way too much time repeating the events of the first two seasons in a world with a slightly shuffled character pool, and the ending is very poor. There are good moments too, but the overall feel of the season is both rushed and repetitive.

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3
still pending (lowered this by .5 - the more I think how they resolved things in the end the more pissed off I get)

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I still haven't started s2 and 3 is out??? I'm kinda scared to get back into it. Pretty sure have to go back to s1 at this point and I'm not sure I have the endurance.

I still haven't started s2 and 3 is out??? I'm kinda scared to get back into it. Pretty sure have to go back to s1 at this point and I'm not sure I have the endurance.
Heh. I made the mistake of watching S2 without rewatching S1. It was really confusing for the first couple of episodes. That's when I decided to watch the whole series again when S3 comes.

You mean to tell me there’s a 3rd season of G.L.O.W.? 🤩

I started s2 last night and was quickly reminded why I probably didn’t sooner. My inability to follow the family trees is severe.

There was a moment where someone was told “he is your grandson” and I literally had to stop for 5 minutes.

I think I made it through s2e4 so far, where we get led into the inner sanctum and have that big reveal.

Probably not the best that I watch these when I'm winding down, dozing, trying to read subtitles. Even better is finding how many different adjectives they can use for the music. It may have been lightning in the bottle in season 1, but there hasn't been a "WTF/WOWOWOW" moment. Even that big reveal was like, yeah, awesome... But I'm not trying to introduce the world to Agnes Obel afterwards.

Finished s2 this morning. Phew. I thought it was hard to keep the first season straight 😅.

WARNING: spoilers below

1. Noah being killed was a head scratcher, only to see him appear in the s3. Are we to believe he didn’t know how to work a gun or that it wasn’t his fate to kill Adam and that’s why it didn’t work. I don’t really buy this guy not knowing how to work a safety.

2. Martha being killed immediately made me think, well when is alternate timeline Martha showing up.

3. Hannah. What a c___ . If Jonas really is Adam, I blame it all on his mom.

4. They touched on Michael seeing Mikkel and his parents, but it played like the first time it happened. You would have thought he would have already freaked out and gotten over it. Needless to say, he would have known the day he was born and all that jazz.

5. Ol’ Mads and Frankie turn heel? No thank you.

6. If the show ends by explaining Woller’s eye sitch, I’ll be happy.