Hannibal

Tools    

Recent article in Fangoria

FANGORIA: What’s the most exciting aspect of returning to HANNIBAL for season three?

MADS MIKKELSEN: The excitement for any TV show coming back to something is always that we do not exactly know what it is. There’s always been a tendency to stir things up in the third season of a TV show; to try to create something new based on what we have. The first two seasons are always going hand in hand. Everybody knows that the third one is probably going to be slightly different. It has been the case on this one. Its exciting to see your friends and your colleagues and then just see what Bryan Fuller has stirred up, which is complete madness this time.

FANGORIA: What exactly was different this time?

MIKKELSEN: We have not had a lot of intimate conversations; it’s been a little more outgoing. Maybe a little more liberated. There are some crazy characters, and some crazy things are happening, so that’s been a change.

FANGORIA: Can you tell us something about Hannibal’s relationship to Will, because it seems to be different than in previous seasons?

MIKKELSEN: Will is always a tricky thing, because in many ways that was the ultimate ending of our relationship in the second season. To try to figure out how can they go on from there has been a challenge of course, but in Will’s world, it’s double sided, right?

http://www.fangoria.com/new/return-o...-season-three/

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I figured someone would be excited. I always laugh when thinking of Mads in the Pusher movies.

Enjoy.

So two weeks into Season 3 and I can say its been beautifully well done.. very artistic and the music is great.. again Mads Mikkelsen and Hugh Dancy's outstanding performances like always.....

Im just ready for it to pick up a bit more...

A few of the recent magazine articles and photos..

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/tag/hannibal/

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/02...w-bryan-fuller

and a new book that has hit the shelves!

great quote from last night's show.. Will Graham talking to Abigail Williams

"God can’t save any of us because it’s inelegant. Elegance is more important than suffering. That's his design."
"You talking about God or Hannibal?"
"Hannibal’s not God. Wouldn't have any fun being God. Defying God, that's his idea of a good time."

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Am I the only massively disappointed with season 3 so far? I really fell in love with the show during season 2 and was hugely looking forward to it coming back but so far it just hasn't happened for me.

I know it's always been pretty arty (certainly by TV standards) but so far I think it's just going too far in that direction (for my personal tastes) and flirting with being pretentious. To me it feels like it's disappearing up its own backside! Don't get me wrong, it's still beautiful to look at but it's just soooooo slow. It feels like it can fill 5 minutes with nothing but a character walking around and only uttering a single sentence.

I'm really hoping it can win me back round

Im not disappointed with the show at all. I find it highly artistic this season which might not be the way to go with this type of story. I understand they are just on episode 3 and Hannibal has done a few killings so far but they are not brutal or intense killings. I have never read the books so Im not sure if they are following the books. I will continue to watch it but I hope it moves a bit faster and does not lose its viewers. That will be certain downfall if it does.

yeah I just noticed my email from a Mads Mikkelsen fan site

Hannibal” won’t live to see a fourth season: NBC announced the cancellation Monday.

Currently in its third season, which premiered June 4, the drama will finish up its entire 13-episode run in the same 10 p.m. timeslot Thursday nights this summer, wrapping up on Sept. 3, with the season-three finale serving as the series ender.

Created by Bryan Fuller, “Hannibal,” which debuted in spring 2013, stars Hugh Dancy, Laurence Fishburne, Caroline Dhavernas, Gillian Anderson and Mads Mikkelsen as Dr. Hannibal Lecter.

“We have been tremendously proud of ‘Hannibal’ over its three seasons,” the network announced in a statement. “Bryan and his team of writers and producers, as well as our incredible actors, have brought a visual palette of storytelling that has been second to none in all of television — broadcast or cable. We thank Gaumont and everyone involved in the show for their tireless efforts that have made ‘Hannibal’ an incredible experience for audiences around the world.”

Fuller commented: “NBC has allowed us to craft a television series that no other broadcast network would have dared, and kept us on the air for three seasons despite Cancellation Bear Chow ratings and images that would have shredded the eyeballs of lesser Standards & Practices enforcers. (NBC entertainment president) Jen Salke and her team have been fantastic partners and creatively supportive beyond measure. ‘Hannibal’ is finishing his last course at NBC’s table this summer, but a hungry cannibal can always dine again. And personally, I look forward to my next meal with NBC.”

Though critically acclaimed with a rabid fanbase, the series has been ratings-challenged from the start, and it hit a series-low 0.5 rating in adults 18-49 with the two most recent episodes to air. Those two episodes averaged a mere 1.65 million viewers overall.

Yeah with the critical reception it gets I wouldn't be surprised if another network picks it up. I hope it gets picked up or this is like me with Dexter and The Mentalist all over again (I started getting into those shows and they ended them both)

Worth noting that this doesn't necessarily mean it's done. Not good news, but I wouldn't be at all shocked if someone else picked it up.
Doubtful. The core fan base might not be big enough to intrigue another network. This season is brilliant or overdone at times, depending on the scene. Sometimes too much crafty banter is too much. Really was impressed with the Abigail twist in episode 2. Damn shame its gonna be gone.

Yeah with the critical reception it gets I wouldn't be surprised if another network picks it up. I hope it gets picked up or this is like me with Dexter and The Mentalist all over again (I started getting into those shows and they ended them both)
at least Bryan Fuller will give a final close.. not just leave us hanging... like some shows do...