The Visit (2015) - M Night Shyamalan

Tools    

Released Sept 11 2015...

... Shyalabalabingbong is back by the look of it, after becoming a director for hire in recent years.

Two kids visit their Grandparents for a vacation... bedtime is 9:30 in their house... they're told not come out of their room after 9:30.

looks very good !!! even if I'm not a fan of Shyamalan

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
"From the director of The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, the Village, and Signs! And The Last Airbender, After Earth, and that movie where the plants try to kill everybody."
looks very good !!! even if I'm not a fan of Shyamalan
At this point, I think very few people are. I'm not interested in this movie but it actually looks pretty decent for a Shyamalan film.

This trailer played before Unfriended. I had a nice chuckle when I realized who the director was. Kind of surprised they still prominently advertise his involvement.

Wouldn't mind seeing it, though I don't think I'd go out of my way to do so. Maybe it'll be as funny as After Earth.

i used to be proud of him because of his indian origins . but he has not lived to the expectations created by his first film .

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
This trailer played before Unfriended. I had a nice chuckle when I realized who the director was. Kind of surprised they still prominently advertise his involvement.
I guess the marketing team figure Shymalan's name can still bring people into a theater, inexplicable as that seems to me. He was barely mentioned as the director of After Earth and that flopped badly but Devil played his name up pretty heavily as the producer and that did pretty well at the box office.

Obviously, it takes more than one name to make a movie sink or float but maybe playing up Shymalan's earlier movies still works even with his current abysmal track record. It seems kind of odd that they'd mention The Village though. Isn't that one of his more hated movies? Maybe not as bad as the Airbender adaption (I hate that movie and I haven't even seen it) but not in the league Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, or Signs.

The Village was pretty good tbh, I enjoyed it. I know a lot of people who liked it too.

I think The Lady In The Water is the one people associate with being the start of his downfall. I liked TLITW myself though. Found it quite intriguing.

"Apology accepted, Captain Needa."

I'll give M. Night another shot. Why not? Everyone deserves a 5th chance.

I used to be a fan, was with him up to The Village, even Lady in the Water and The Happening but there's only so much patience a viewer can have....

I can see this having an ambiguous ending. Half of the sh*t that happens is just creepy through the kid's perspective and could honestly just be the grandparents being themselves. Nothing really crazy happens.

Hell, there might even be a message hidden in here about respecting and taking care of your elders as they reach old age or something.

As he ever done a good movie? (I've not seen Unbreakable)

But honestly, The Sixth Sense is not bad, but not particularly good either, Signs is also not bad, but that's about it.

I saw Sixth Sense ion opening night , can't remember that much hype in had UK and really loved it. Unbreakable was even better, Signs was great , but that was it I think. The Village was ok but provoked some hilarity when it wasn't scripted. Lady in the Water and The Happening were pretty poor.
I'm watching the series Wayward Pines at the mo Which he's producing. Only up to ep 3 so too early to tell if it's going to be any good yet.