The 2017 Oscar Picks Pool is Open

Tools    

The intro is very pro, guys.
Yeah, everyone loves the intro. Just came out really well, even though I'd never really created anything like that before.

Thanks.

Who's the fast talker? I'm guessing Yodels (first guy to talk)
Yep, that's me. I remind myself to talk slower every year, and every year I forget.

Second (going on memory) is Holden Pike, third is mark f.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
No it's great. Very upbeat. Aussies are fast talkers so I like it.

LOL I'm going to give a running commentary as I listen if I;m not careful. Love the discussion about LLL.

Ok that's enough. I'll stop HJing. Very good speakers, lads.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Did whatshisface claim his prize last year? I remember I was tied for first but joeblowidontknow submitted his picks faster.

Suspect's Reviews

Finalized my Oscar picks. For a few of them all three Short Categories, and one or two others i used some random sites predictions coz i didn't have the slightest clue. My results so far have been: 12 in 2013, 13 in 2014, couldn't find what i got last year but i think it was 15 or 16. Hilariously i was looking at last years transcript to see if i had said how much i got last year but gave up quickly, i did find this on the last page however:

OscarBot: Casey Affleck has won Best Picture. 4% of users got it right.
Yoda has joined the chat.
OscarBot: La La Land has won Best Picture. 73% of users got it right.
OscarBot: Denzel Washington has won Best Actor. 20% of users got it right.
OscarBot: Mahershala Ali has won Best Supporting Actor. 71% of users got it right.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...t.php?&page=40

Was that a test or something @Yoda?

Welcome to the human race...
Did mine. Went for the most "predictable" picks possible except some guesswork for the shorts and throwing in "How Far I'll Go" as a possible Best Song even though it could very well go to one of the La La Land songs. Actually kind of hoping I'm wrong about a bunch of them, though not enough to vote for them. I could use another Ex Machina moment or two.

I have went 8, 17, 9, 16. If I remember my fifth grade pattern building properly, 10 will be my score this year.

Welcome to the human race...
2010 - 14, 2011 - N/A, 2012 - N/A, 2013 - 10, 2014 - 13, 2015 - 12, 2016 - 16.

Yeah, I can't pick out any pattern here. I guess it could be 11 or 15.

I usually guess on the shorts but I actually looked up the favorites. So, I just edited. We will see if it helps. I hope La La Land does as well as expected or I'm up the creek.

I usually guess on the shorts but I actually looked up the favorites. So, I just edited. We will see if it helps. I hope La La Land does as well as expected or I'm up the creek.
Same here. I have it winning 10, should've probably thrown a few curveballs but i'm just sticking with what i have.

I had to guess on some since there are a few I haven't seen...

What I am absolutely sure of..

Best picture - Moonlight
Best actor - Andrew Garfield
Best visual effects - Deepwater Horizon

Best visual effects - Deepwater Horizon
I gave that best sound editing. Cant remember who I gave fx to

No I didnt. I gave it same as you and sound to Arrival

I haven't seen the movie. I could be totally wrong. But my hunch is La La Land won't win Best Picture and maybe not much else.

Tomorrow morning, everyone will go - WTF??? Why didn't La La Land win big?!

Moonlight, Hacksaw Ridge or Manchester by the Sea -- one of those movies wins Best Picture, I think.