Movies With Unconventional Relationships?

Tools    

I was wondering if anybody could recommend some good movies featuring "unconventional relationships".

For example:

Kissed (love between a necrophiliac woman and a living man).
Secretary (love between a submissive woman and a dominant man).
Harold and Maude (love between a 20 year-old boy and a 79-year old woman).
Fur: An Imaginary Portrait Of Diane Arbus (love between a woman and a man with hypertrychosis, or full-body fur).
Different For Girls (a man falls in love with a post-op transsexual woman).
My Suicidal Sweetheart/Crazy For Love (an insane man falls in love with an insane woman).

And so on. Any relationships that are a little different or frowned upon by society, for some reason or another (be they gay, straight, lesbian, trans, interspecies, whatever).

Thanks!

Fassbinder's 'Ali: Fear Eats the Soul' comes to mind, it's actually a really good film from Germany, 1974.

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Of course there's also the segment from Woody Allen's 'Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex But Were Afraid to Ask', but I don't think that was what you were thinking of.

Jorg Buttgereit's Nekromantik (1987), not a particularly good film, it's very graphic and has a disturbing home made feel.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093608/

David Cronenberg's M Butterfly (1993) Jeremy Irons falls in love with a transvestite/transsexual, not bad, let down by John Lone who doesn't convince as a woman.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107468/

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Along the lines of the Gene Wilder post above, and I certainly think the original poster was looking for that because of the word "interspecies", I have another one to add. But first, let's get it straight that Dr. Gene in the Woody flick stole Daisy the Sheep from that innocent shepherd Titos Vandis (you know, Father Karras's brother in The Exorcist).

Anyway, before Woody did his sheepish thang, there was this wacko movie about a farmer-type guy who had very little luck with females of his own species, so he decided to see if his pet pig Amanda would do right by him and married her. Sorry, I'm just the "Messenger".

Natural Born Killers is a great suggestion (as is M. Butterfly; I'd forgotten about that one)! And Futz sounded like a great premise, but on closer inspection, seem like the execution is pretty poor and not worth it.

I thought of a couple more:

Lars and the Real Girl (man falls in love with sex doll)
Cannibal (voraphilic relationship between men)
The Night Porter (Nazi guard and former concentration camp prisoner)

I was wondering if anybody could recommend some good movies featuring "unconventional relationships".

For example:

Fur: An Imaginary Portrait Of Diane Arbus (love between a woman and a man with hypertrychosis, or full-body fur).
My Suicidal Sweetheart/Crazy For Love (an insane man falls in love with an insane woman).

And so on. Any relationships that are a little different or frowned upon by society, for some reason or another (be they gay, straight, lesbian, trans, interspecies, whatever).

Thanks!
Not all human relationships are built around romance or even sex, although I assume that's what you're going for. But let me suggest a couple of other examples: In Love Actually, a man as a single parent is raising his stepson after his wife, the boy's mother, dies. Nothing kinky. The guy is a far better father to the boy than most real dads.

In Night of the Hunter, a grandmotherly Lillian Gish takes in and protects an orphan boy and his sister from their evil stepfather, played by Robert Mitchum.

Then there was that film some years ago about a Jewish father whose pretenses protect his son from the reality that they are in a German concentration camp. All the boy knows is that his dad is a lot of fun, even though some other people are acting strange. Can't remember the title offhand.

In East of Eden, James Dean reveals to his brother their prostitute mother who their father had said was dead. Dean also steals his brother's girl-friend.

On the romantic side, in Blade Runner, the human private detective goes off with the most realistic robot ever created.

In The Unforgiven, cowboy Burt Lancaster falls in love with Audrey Hepburn who has been raised as his "white" sister but then is revealed to have been an Indian baby who his parents had taken in after her village was wiped out.

Moll Flanders unknowingly marries her son.

The whole plot of Tom Jones swirls around questions of who is one's son, mother, lover, father.

For example:

Thanks!
Pumpkin, Christina Ricci falls in love with a guy with "learning disabilities". Does anyone remember that movie? Pretty entertaining! Check it out!

is thouroughly embarrassed of this old username.
I'm a Cyborg, but That's OK is about a girl who thinks she's a cyborg falling in love with a guy who can steal unstealable things like sympathy, politeness and Thursday.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
My first thought is Harold and Maude.

Yes and I love Gene Wilder's relationship with the sheep.

Almost any Fassbinder film would qualify.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Baby Doll

Suddenly, Last Summer

The Children's Hour

Midnight Cowboy

Last Tango in Paris

A Clockwork Orange

The Last Picture Show

Looking for Mr. Goodbar

sex, lies and videotape

Belle De Jour

The Hunger

Crimes of Passion

Kiss of the Spider Woman

Blue Velvet

Angel Heart

The Grifters

Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!

Bitter Moon

Kids

Mulholland Drive

American Beauty

Videodrome

Klute

Spanking the Monkey

Live Flesh

Happiness (1998)

Thirteen

The Piano Teacher

Breaking The Waves

Mysterious Skin

In the Realm of the Senses

The Opposite of Sex

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours

Some people view this as a parental relationship but it isnt, Matilda gives several indications that she is in love with Leon.

Indie movie Tadpole features a 15 year boy in love with his stepmother in her late forties ish.

EDIT

Also, to drag indecency back, another sheep/man love example is Black Sheep

Cruel Intentions - step siblings

Kissing Jessica Stein - straight women try out a gay relationship

Rocky Horror - straight, gay, alien...anything goes

Blades of Glory - these two are brother and sister who share hot kiss at the end

...now there was never any proof but....

Put me in your pocket...
Moll Flanders unknowingly marries her son.
Rufnek...maybe I'm not remembering this right...but wasn't Moll married to her brother? I seem to remember a scene where her mother discovers who she is and that leads to Moll realizing her husband is also her brother. Did she marry her son too at some point? It's been awhile since I've watched Moll Flanders.

Cand86 here are some also...

VickyChristinaBarcelona...Christina getting invloved with her player lover and his Ex.

La Belle et la bête (1946)...Beauty and the Beast.

Adult and Child....certainly not frowned upon relationships, but might fill the bill in the 'a little different' catagory with the orphan theme.

The Kid (1921)

Bachelor Mother (1939)

And also worth checking out in for a more touching unconventional way.

Solas (1999)...During a mother's visit to her daughter's (whose relationship is strained by her past with her abusive father), they both come into the life of her (the daughter's) kind hearted neighbor.

The Profound Desire of the Gods (Imamura 1968)

Inhabitants of a remote island worship an incestuous pair of sibling deities that is in turn mirrored by the central (taboo) relationship between a brother and sister, residents of the island. The island's inhabitants cover a really broad spectrum of relationships from mutually-beneficial to badly-exploitative ones as well as from romantic to simply opportunistic ones.

The couple depicted in that poster are an engineer sent from Tokyo to construct a well for the Island's sugar mill (its main tie to the outside/modern world) and the inbred daughter of the brother/sister mentioned above.

Excellent movie.

Just saw this one...

Funeral Parade of Roses (Matsumoto 1969)

1/3 new-wave head-film/parody.
1/3 quasi-documentary of Japan's late-60s queer/transvestite scene (with the actors interviewed both in-character and in their "real" personas [most of the actors are self-identified real-life "queens."])
1/3 comic-tragedy centering on a rivalry between two queens at a nightclub and the troubled family history of one of them.

The three films are tied together thematically (masks, the ability to truly "see" people) and with a lot of self-referential nests (including the experimental film within).

Interesting film not commercially available in the US, but there is a good British DVD edition out there from Eureka.