News

Tools    

I'm not questioning that you did start the thread. I just didn't remember who started it as it makes no difference to me. I don't really know many people on this forum - as I've not been here very long.
You're here longer than me. My profile says one month, but I'm sure I've been here longer. Yours say 3 months, I think.

You're here longer than me. My profile says one month, but I'm sure I've been here longer. Yours say 3 months, I think.
Lol, never noticed that feature. I still have trouble navigating this place. I've been here more or less since IMDB closed down the boards. I wish they hadn't -- I really miss that place. You could always find out what was going on with a favorite show or actors. No other site on the net even comes close to what was on there - it was great fun....*sigh*

Lol, never noticed that feature. I still have trouble navigating this place. I've been here more or less since IMDB closed down the boards. I wish they hadn't -- I really miss that place. You could always find out what was going on with a favorite show or actors. No other site on the net even comes close to what was on there - it was great fun....*sigh*
I too came here from IMDB, which I miss greatly. There were a whole bunch of us who regularly posted, but goodness knows where they are now. I have the same moniker & avatar as I had there, but I see nobody here that I knew from IMDB.

I don't see you playing games with us. It's a good way to get to know people here.

I too came here from IMDB, which I miss greatly. There were a whole bunch of us who regularly posted, but goodness knows where they are now. I have the same moniker & avatar as I had there, but I see nobody here that I knew from IMDB.

I don't see you playing games with us. It's a good way to get to know people here.
Oh you did? I miss it terribly too. It was so diverse and there were hundreds (thousands?) of boards where you could go and talk to like minded people, or find out almost anything about any movie, TV show or actor, director, etc. I posted regularly there for nine years. Yeah, people just dispersed from there and it's hard to find them anymore. There is nothing to hold them together like at the IMDb boards. Such a pity, I had friends there I had talked to for years.

I'm not too crazy about games (never did understand the appeal of some of the ones played on IMDb) but I might go give it a try. What do you recommend?

Oh you did? I miss it terribly too. It was so diverse and there were hundreds (thousands?) of boards where you could go and talk to like minded people, or find out almost anything about any movie, TV show or actor, director, etc. I posted regularly there for nine years. Yeah, people just dispersed from there and it's hard to find them anymore. There is nothing to hold them together like at the IMDb boards. Such a pity, I had friends there I had talked to for years.

I'm not too crazy about games (never did understand the appeal of some of the ones played on IMDb) but I might go give it a try. What do you recommend?
I was at IMDB for 10 years. My fave thing was if you didn't understand some of the nuances of, say, a Portuguese movie, there would be loads of people to answer your questions. Also, I am watching season 5 of Homeland right now, but there is nobody here to talk about it with.

As I've said many times, my fave thing about this site is that it is not over-moderated. I posted for over a decade on another site (non-entertainment) and, though the owner was a very gracious woman, she allowed her mods to overstep their boundaries. I just couldn't stand it there any longer.

I play almost all the games. Kinda dumb, but what the heck. I never played any games at IMDB & I very rarely posted in the Community.

I was at IMDB for 10 years. My fave thing was if you didn't understand some of the nuances of, say, a Portuguese movie, there would be loads of people to answer your questions. Also, I am watching season 5 of Homeland right now, but there is nobody here to talk about it with.

As I've said many times, my fave thing about this site is that it is not over-moderated. I posted for over a decade on another site (non-entertainment) and, though the owner was a very gracious woman, she allowed her mods to overstep their boundaries. I just couldn't stand it there any longer.

I play almost all the games. Kinda dumb, but what the heck. I never played any games at IMDB & I very rarely posted in the Community.
Quite true. I love several shows no one talks about here. At IMDb there were always the boards proper and and the peripheral ones relating to actors, directors, etc. lots to choose from and all in one convenient location. No other site even comes close, unfortunately.

I'll have a look at the games boards. Thanks for link.

So have the morons who govern the EU finally woken up to what ordinary citizens have been saying for years?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nt-crisis.html

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Well this kid's number wasnt up. What a fright. He needs to buy himself a lottery ticket

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ear/463566001/

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
ALL THESE WORLDS
ARE YOURS EXCEPT
EUROPA
ATTEMPT NO
LANDING THERE
USE THEM TOGETHER
USE THEM IN PEACE

Well, they just found one of the bodies of the 4 missing men on DiNardo's property. I'd like to know what the motive was, if any. I have a feeling the guy had help.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/13/us/pen...men/index.html

A non sequitur, if ever I saw one.
I'm guessing they only read the first post which mentions the queens age.

I always think The Queen is younger than she is because for some reason her mums death feels like it was later than 2002 to me. Dunno, weird.

I'm guessing they only read the first post which mentions the queens age.
You're right. Even though Christine posted that 3 years ago!

I always think The Queen is younger than she is because for some reason her mums death feels like it was later than 2002 to me. Dunno, weird.
Having nothing better to do the other day, I figured out that, conceivably, Will & Kate could be in their early fifties before they are crowned. I wonder if Charles ever considers abdicating in favor of them? Just to have someone relatively young on the throne. Charles will be at least 73 or so before he is king. But abdication still has horrible connotations in the U.K. Then again, maybe nobody cares these days?

You're right. Even though Christine posted that 3 years ago!

Having nothing better to do the other day, I figured out that, conceivably, Will & Kate could be in their early fifties before they are crowned. I wonder if Charles ever considers abdicating in favor of them? Just to have someone relatively young on the throne. Charles will be at least 73 or so before he is king. But abdication still has horrible connotations in the U.K. Then again, maybe nobody cares these days?
I don't have a clue about any of that as i don't follow the royals. Most people i know don't care about the royals but they clearly still have their supporters. From the little i know about them all Charles is my favourite royal, he's hilarious; would prefer him to become King at some point than straight to William.

I want to hear some explanations about the cop in Minnesota who shot the woman to death who had called the police to report a possible assault. She approached the driver's side of the patrol car in her pajamas when they arrived and was shot by the policeman on the passenger side (Officer Mohammad Noor) as she was already engaged in speaking to the officer in the driver's seat. The cop who killed her had to reach across his partner to shoot the woman point blank in the abdomen. Some reports say he shot her multiple times, others say she died from a single shot to the abdomen.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/18845/...as-joseph-curl

I hate the fact that these kinds of stories (which seem beyond any rational explanation) often just disappear from the headlines before any explanation can be put forward.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Heard a brief comment on it this evening on NPR. Seems she heard a noise outside, called 911 thinking it might be an intruder. Called a second time. Then decided to be proactive and go out to investigate the noise herself. At night. The guy implied both cops were new or inexperienced who took the call.

Beyond that, I haven't read anything yet myself. And that was not a report as it was more conversation while transitioning topics.