Pets

Tools    

Agree completely regarding their rep. And "too much dog" is exactly right. My wife put it perfectly: pit bulls are just 20% more dog. Both the good and the bad. 20% more affectionate, 20% more loyal, 20% more energetic, 20% more clingy...

Ours (not the one pictured) is half-pit, half-lab.

Marsellus and Loki do look a lot alike. If they're not the same breed, I'd be shocked.
My best guess is a Maine Coone mixed with a longhair something-or-other. Not huge or wild enough to just be the former, but sure hard to imagine there isn't some of it in there somewhere.

But yeah, cool looking cats!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Agree completely regarding their rep. And "too much dog" is exactly right. My wife put it perfectly: pit bulls are just 20% more dog. Both the good and the bad. 20% more affectionate, 20% more loyal, 20% more energetic, 20% more clingy...

Ours (not the one pictured) is half-pit, half-lab.
I agree with Mrs Yoda. I can handle demented pug or my jacks sitting on my knee, not a big boofy pitty or an irish wolfhound (wolfies think they're small).

I'm home now, so I was able to dig up a few pictures. First one is emblematic of the temperament stuff: just chilling out on top of a 100 lb. pit bull:

Wow she almost looks like a Norwegian Forest cat.. they have a really cool "Werewolf" look to them...Great cat!

My best guess is a Maine Coone mixed with a longhair something-or-other. Not huge or wild enough to just be the former, but sure hard to imagine there isn't some of it in there somewhere.

But yeah, cool looking cats!
It was real hard nailing down Goliaths breed... *cough cough*

Oh wait, is your cat named Fezzik or Marsellus?
Yes.

Marsellus is the big Maine Coone looking one, and he was mine when I lived at home, but he stayed there when I moved out (I still see him a lot). In my own house, I have two cats: Malcom and Fezzik. Fezzik is the fluffier one I posted pictures of earlier. Not sure I've posted any of Malcolm recently, but he's shorthaired. If not an actual Bombay, pretty darn close.

Wow she almost looks like a Norwegian Forest cat.. they have a really cool "Werewolf" look to them...Great cat!
Yeah, my younger brother floated that possibility, too.

He's a cool customer. It's pretty weird to have a cat that's cooler than you are.

Do any of you guys know Somali cat breed? Seems similar in temperament, and the males are quite big.

Marsellus is the big Maine Coone looking one, and he was mine when I lived at home, but he stayed there when I moved out (I still see him a lot). In my own house, I have two cats: Malcom and Fezzik. Fezzik is the fluffier one I posted pictures of earlier.
Okay, then I meant that Fezzik and Loki look a lot alike.

I thought you just had a cat named Marsellus that looked like the first picture you posted (but that that picture was not of your cat). It all makes sense now though haha.

Do any of you guys know Somali cat breed? Seems similar in temperament, and the males are quite big.
I just googled them, and they're really pretty.

I think the only cat breed I don't really like the look of are those Sphynx cats. They kind of creep me out.

Yeah, my younger brother floated that possibility, too.

He's a cool customer. It's pretty weird to have a cat that's cooler than you are.
It's hard to nail down the breed from just a couple pics, there's so many different aspects like facial structure, chin definition etc, I'd definitely ask the vet next time you take him in... They might have some idea or could look it up and give hm the once over for a ruling

I still say Maine Coon is a strong contender for Cosmic just because it's appearance and her location and Maine Coon being such an abundant breed in the northern areas, even feral.

Like down here there are feral colonies out in the woods surrounding my neighborhood that have been going for generations and it's mainly short hair domestics, it's rare to see one of the cold climate cats feral in this area..

Either way, you both have cool cats

I just googled them, and they're really pretty.

I think the only cat breed I don't really like the look of are those Sphynx cats. They kind of creep me out.

I met some at a cat shows years ago. Very affectionate cats. Midget lions.

I'm not fond of the hairless cats either. My brother has a few. Lots of work, same with hairless dogs.

Just saw this on fb. Kitten mittens for you northerners.

Really got the hang of posting photos now, hey. Yay me. Thanks for the help when I was a newer and dumber newb.

Dog lovers, cant remember if I mentioned this in here, have any of you seen Red dog, and the new prequel, red dog: True Blue?

First one is about an aussie legend - a red cattle dog. I loved it. Havent seen the prequel yet but it's about baby red dog growing up with his kid owner. The director is a friend of my bro. Total dog lover. He even adopted one of the canine actors from the first movie after bonding with her on the set but sadly Koko died a year or two ago and he was devastated.

Trailer for baby red dog

Disclaimer, neither my brother nor I had anything to do with the making of this film. I am not a shill for Kriv Stenders or his production company, or anyone who worked on the shoots. Just sharing a sweet iconic story with beautiful cinematography for the pet owners on here. I do not get a free beer for plugging this film.

Warning, first one made my local mechanic cry. He has a red dog who I have nicknamed ...believe it or not...Red Dog. I didn't cry because I know the legend, but lots of howling in the cinema. I don't know if the prequel is a teary.

This is like my pug being super annoying to my terrier bitch

https://www.facebook.com/weloveallan...5374825099200/

The Adventure Starts Here!
All this talk of Maine Coon cats makes me wonder: Aren't they unusually huge cats? Not just big cats, but strikingly bigger? I've had plenty of fluffy, longhaired cats and they're just called domestic longhairs. Don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, but most of the cat photos I'm seeing here look like domestic longhairs. I've seen Maine Coons at cat shows, and they are double-take huge all over. I noticed it mostly in their entire structure, starting with large, solid heads.

Don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, but most of the cat photos I'm seeing here look like domestic longhairs. I've seen Maine Coons at cat shows, and they are double-take huge all over. I noticed it mostly in their entire structure, starting with large, solid heads.
Same. And that's what Jasper is - no particular breed, just a big fluffball I picked up at the county shelter.

Most cats (in the U.S. at least) are not of any particular breed. Unlike dogs, cat breeds don't serve any specific purpose and the differences in size and temperment aren't so different as to make most people feel the need to plunk down a good chunk of money to get a cat. Most people are perfectly fine picking up a cat from the shelter, a rescue, an ad in the paper or craigslist or from a neighbor or friend with a litter.

I've worked in vet clinics for about 16 years now and when I make a file for a new feline patient, I just ask "Is it long hair, short hair, or medium hair?" Except for the occasional persian, sphynx, bengal, or savannah (a hybrid between a domestic cat and a serval - not recommended) we almost never see purebreds. Though we do get a lot of alleged "Maine Coons" that are clearly just fluffy mixed breed cats.