Used Future's DVD Collection

Tools    

I wouldn't mind see The Bloodstained Shadow and I've always heard good things about Miracle Mile.
The Bloodstained Shadow is an above avergae giallo definitely worth a look, and much better than Bido's lacklustre Watch Me When I Kill.

Miracle Mile
is simply wonderful and a must see. Think Scorsese's After Hours by way of The Day After and any number of 80's romance flicks.

Anyway happy new year everyone. I have my new computer now so here are my latest dvd additions including Master of the Flying Guillotine which has been returned to me...

That's Cronenberg's Crash by the way.

And here I was thinking that I was the only one who ever saw the movie Vamp

Been having a clear out and trading in the dvd's I don't want which has enabled me to pick up some new stuff.

I'm still waiting on a few things including a couple of films from the States, but here's the latest batch of upgrades and newbies...

Get the Peckinpah boxset on the cheap on Border closing down sale? Got mine for £10 recently.

Is Ricky-Oh in stores btw? Had trouble finding it

I picked up the Peckinpah boxset for £8 on Amazon. Found Story of Ricky second hand for £4; not sure if it's still in print. Most of the dvd's I buy are part-exchange and pre-owned for reasons of cost.

[EDIT] Some, like Red River, The Scalphunters and The Shootist I picked up for 50p, 75p and £1 respectively. I kid you not.

[EDIT] Some, like Red River, The Scalphunters and The Shootist I picked up for 50p, 75p and £1 respectively. I kid you not.
I'm not surprised. They're westerns and, therefore, almost uniformally rubbish.

They're westerns and, therefore, almost uniformally rubbish.
Errrrrrr...yeah...right...

[EDIT]

My DVD collection is in a period of flux at the moment (as are my movie watching habits). I was chatting to Linespalsy on another site the other night and mentioned that my trash-movie days are over. I'm not saying I'm never going to watch or review another cheesefest; it's just that I'm tired of enduring crap when there are so many great films out there. A comment Holden Pike sent me made me think about this, but mainly it was the utter boredom I experienced whilst sitting through Giuliano Carnimeo's 1988 crapfest Ratman that tipped me over the edge.

Sorry if this post is a little on the pompous side but I needed to get this off my chest. For anyone interested; here is a PM I sent Honeykid on the subject a few days ago...

'Thanks. I've decided to start buying more quality and less crap after that last disasterous haul of Shameless gialli & horror. That was the stuff I traded in (barring Le Orme which is a keeper) along with a couple of Vipco titles (The Incredible Melting Man and The Case of the Bloody Iris), as well as Fulci's Conquest, Aenigma, and Manhattan Baby; D'mato's snooze-fest Anthropophagus, and a few others. I got a good price for exchange and there were some decent titles in, so I'm happy. If truth be told I'm growing tired of supposedly cult (but infact crap) trashy B-movies. I've been spending too much money on junk; I mean I haven't even upgraded Boorman's Point Blank yet, and that's in my top 100'

I traded in another batch of unwanted crap today. I got some classic stuff in return and am using the excess cash to order Point Blank, The Friends of Eddie Coyle, and Arthur Penn's Night Moves. I'm keeping the rest of the Fulci though

I'm not surprised. They're westerns and, therefore, almost uniformally rubbish.
Okay, I'm fairly convinced Honeykid is a part-time troll.
Hey, I stand by that statement. You've got a few great ones, Unforgiven, The Outlaw Joesy Wales and High Plains Drifter. I'm probably missing a few that I can't bring to mind at the moment. There's a few more that are OK, that I can watch if I'm in the right mood (A Fistful Of Dollars, The Treasure Of The Sierra Madre, 3:10 To Yuma) but that's about it. It's just not my thing.

My latest batch of additions. Still waiting on a few from America, plus I forgot to include Close Encounters of the Third Kind, but here they are regardless...

Boogie Nights! Go you. And I saw All the President's Men for the first time just yesterday... I dug it much.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Any opinions/reviews about The Honeymoon Killers, Red River, Little Big Man or The Silent Partner yet?

Any opinions/reviews about The Honeymoon Killers, Red River, Little Big Man or The Silent Partner yet?
I absolutely loved Little Big Man, and The Silent Partner. The former for it's wonderful bittersweet mixture of humour and tragedy (Hoffman's comic timing is a joy) and the latter for the intriguing game of wits (and nerve) between Gould and Plummer. I totally underestimated Gould's character in that one.

Unfortunately The sound on the Honeymoon Killers UK disc is rubbish and I couldn't sit through the film. For my sins I ended up trading it in, but may well pick up an R1 disc in the future.

Red River was a pleasant surprise (for someone who likes the violent Spaghetti's of the 60's and 70's). Moves like gang busters for the first fifteen minutes, then settles into this sweeping epic that's really all about the little things, like male pride, friendship and determination. Great characterisation, and wholly satisfying conclusion. A keeper for sure.

Haven't written much recently because I've met a really nice lady, and we've been spending a lot of time together going out for meals and to the cinema. Her name's Kathy, she's Canadian, and most importantly, she likes movies (she introduced me to Better off Dead the other night, and I showed her the original The Hitcher). Times are good

Ha, i picked Ratman up in HMV and wondered if any film with the tagline 'the critter from shi*tter would be so bad it's good or just plain bad. Unsurprised it's the latter.