Dragonball Z

Tools    

I'm not sure if there is a thread on this topic or not, if so please direct a link to it. I'm a semi huge Dragonball Z fan. And I, just as you, yourselves, hate the censorship that is being done on the dbz episodes. But I’m not talking about that now... but of the rumours of a "Live Dragonball Z Film". I've searched far and wide, and ay tell ye what ay have found. BALONEY! Nothing but cut and paste rumours and a whole lot of imaginative hogwash. But there might also be that slim ray of divinely, hope... that there is a DBZ live film being discussed as we speak. It may not come out today, it may not come out tomorrow... but by golly, it's gonna come out. So, I would like to discuss any happenings that may have arisen on this topic. Maybe there is a site somewhere the has the truth or a person that has the "inside" scoop. All I want is to be part of the loop and reveal others into the loop. So whatever questions you have on DBZ, post em here…. any revelations on DBZ, post em here… your insanely hot girl friend broke up with you and is on the rebound, post it here. And yeah I realize that the DBZ hair styles might be a little to much for real life, but it can be done or they can just forget the hair styles all together…

And this is my BOOMstick!
If that movie gets made... God help us all.

coke kills drink pepsi
Originally Posted by Diablo
I'm not sure if there is a thread on this topic or not, if so please direct a link to it. I'm a semi huge Dragonball Z fan. And I, just as you, yourselves, hate the censorship that is being done on the dbz episodes. But I’m not talking about that now... but of the rumours of a "Live Dragonball Z Film". I've searched far and wide, and ay tell ye what ay have found. BALONEY! Nothing but cut and paste rumours and a whole lot of imaginative hogwash. But there might also be that slim ray of divinely, hope... that there is a DBZ live film being discussed as we speak. It may not come out today, it may not come out tomorrow... but by golly, it's gonna come out. So, I would like to discuss any happenings that may have arisen on this topic. Maybe there is a site somewhere the has the truth or a person that has the "inside" scoop. All I want is to be part of the loop and reveal others into the loop. So whatever questions you have on DBZ, post em here…. any revelations on DBZ, post em here… your insanely hot girl friend broke up with you and is on the rebound, post em here. And yeah I realize that the DBZ hair styles might be a little to much for real life, but it can be done or they can just forget the hair styles all together…

O thats rich have you even seen a DBZ uncut episode. Basicly the same thing except Gokus penis shows up once and awhile and few sware words.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I've seen boobs and stuff, and there's more violence.......

And there is a DBZ live action movie already made, it was made WAY back in the 90's.

coke kills drink pepsi
Originally Posted by Animal_Mother
I've seen boobs and stuff, and there's more violence.......

And there is a DBZ live action movie already made, it was made WAY back in the 90's.
yeah my friend has it. That was crap

Man... I have never seen an uncut DBZ episode. Which I would actually want to see, real gore and violence. No kitty DBZ episode that’s currently being aired. And I'm not talking about a low budget Japanese DBZ movie but a high budget, CGI full, box office hit. I agree that it may not live up to it’s expectations, like AvP. But who knows… maybe they’ll actually get this one right. And if they do, hell I’m gonna see it.

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Originally Posted by Animal_Mother
They never will. It's pointless.
Yeah...you're right. Why did they come out with Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Catwoman (about to say Catman), and all the rest...pointless.

I remember seeing a poster about it, with Piccolo on it. He was floating and shti and under it said December 2003...there goes that theory.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I sure hope you weren't trying to be sarcastic.......

I also have a reason why it would be pointles..

A.It would need a HUGE budget
B.What kind of story line would it follow?
C.They would need to use ALOT of computer animation for it. ALOT.
D.The actors would never even look CLOSE to the original drawings..
E.The time spent on costumes and hair would be totally ludacrious
F.The movie isn't going to appeal to a wide enough audience
G.There was already a movie made.. even with a higher budget, it would still be stupid, just a prettier stupid.

Thats my reasons.

From what ive read threw out the interweb (and the offical dragonball site) there are goin to be live action dragonball z sagas, to be 4 episodes long (4 movies). Starting in The Saiyan Saga, The Freiza Saga, The Android/Cell Saga, and the Majin Buu Saga.
The saiyan saga to be out in 2005 (uncomfirmed).

A.It would need a HUGE budge
Lots of movies are....trust me, with Dragon Ball Z, it'll probably double it.
B.What kind of story line would it follow?
They've had Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT. I think they can pick something out of them
C.They would need to use ALOT of computer animation for it. ALOT.
Yeah, and a lot of movies also use that...Final Fantasy's and what not...

D.The actors would never even look CLOSE to the original drawings.
Make up does wonders...so does working out

E.The time spent on costumes and hair would be totally ludacrious
You should of told Jim Carrey that when he played the Grinch...wasn't it like a couple of hours?
F.The movie isn't going to appeal to a wide enough audience
Japan to America, Canada, and other countries...I'm sure it'll strike the hearts of DBZ fans all over the planet...trust me.
G.There was already a movie made.. even with a higher budget, it would still be stupid, just a prettier stupid.
I can't find it on IMDB...who's it directed by?

JRS, could you maybe shed some light on this???

haha, jrs is the master of movies isn't he? dragonball z is the weirdest show i have seen, when they shoot those weird balls of light out of their hands, they sound like they are constipated ... it's really weird. I wouldn't like it if they came out with a dragonball z movie, this is just a joke, but it would probably be better to pay someone not to see it... unless it turned out decent looking. But anyway for now, there is a large possibility that it wouldn't turn out decent.

coke kills drink pepsi
Originally Posted by Zeiken
Give it to Miramax! Miramax will do it!
Course mirmax will take it, Kein Smith can't keep supporting them with films. Diablo, Dragon Ball Z Sucks. It has no story line and no real good animation.I believe the best animation Akira Toriyama's bes animation was Chrono Trigger. Dragon ball was the best out of the series. Unlike DBZ, Dragon Ball had a reasonable quest, to find the Dragon Balls. In DBZ they Barely have them in it. On top of that the fights, are horrendously cheap with bad voice overs and bad storylines. Example goku will meet frieza and they'l talk with on another for a few minutes, then after they fight. As always Goku turns up as the winner, and its always the same. I'd rather see a better anime brought to a live film, from Funamation, Lupin the third, or Case Closed.

Originally Posted by Agent 0 Zero
Course mirmax will take it, Kein Smith can't keep supporting them with films. Diablo, Dragon Ball Z Sucks. It has no story line and no real good animation.I believe the best animation Akira Toriyama's bes animation was Chrono Trigger. Dragon ball was the best out of the series. Unlike DBZ, Dragon Ball had a reasonable quest, to find the Dragon Balls. In DBZ they Barely have them in it. On top of that the fights, are horrendously cheap with bad voice overs and bad storylines. Example goku will meet frieza and they'l talk with on another for a few minutes, then after they fight. As always Goku turns up as the winner, and its always the same. I'd rather see a better anime brought to a live film, from Funamation, Lupin the third, or Case Closed.
What the heck? That's like saying throw away every movie that involves Earth or some part of the country being destroyed. 007, Aramageddon. And what not.

You only say this cause you've watched it...it's like reading a book and knowing the ending. Harry Potter and LOTR Trilogy....come on, DBZ rawks.

How many SSJs does it take to screw in a light bulb?'

1, but it'll take three episodes

How many other shows are there where the hero dies more than once?
And dont forget dragonball went on for about 15 years, and the animation is still pretty good.
I think dragonball will make for a pretty cool film.

Dragonball was a great series, but it wasn’t that ‘awe-inspiring’. You watch Dragonball for the adventure, the struggle and for character growth, etc. You watch Dragonball Z because it has all these elements and more. Mainly, the hardcore combating and competition. I don’t agree with all the things that transpire in DBZ, and I see eye to eye with all you who have an aversion to it. But hell, “I” only watch it for the fight scenes. And they have the best brawls then any Dragonball or any other TV series has to offer. And there are plenty of storylines to follow. The Saiyan Saga, The Freiza Saga, The Android/Cell Saga, and the Majin Buu Saga. Each worthy of a movie. And each tie in together so flawlessly.