any good modern war movies ?

Tools    

i was jsut wondering if you guys know any good war movies that depict modern conflicts like from desert storm or around there and forward beacuse i dont know what to watch (movies about special forces are also appriciated)

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I really enjoyed

Lone Survivor
Fury
Whisky Tango Foxtrot with some issues
Inglorious basterds

Have yet to see Water Diviner and Hacksaw Rif\ge (but that's probably not what you're asking)

Loved Charlie Wilson's War many times.

I really enjoyed

Lone Survivor
Fury
Whisky Tango Foxtrot with some issues
Inglorious basterds

Have yet to see Water Diviner and Hacksaw Rif\ge (but that's probably not what you're asking)

Loved Charlie Wilson's War many times.
Argo
Zero Dark Thirty

This might just do nobody any good.
I think he meant movies about modern conflicts, not modern war films in general.

I think he meant movies about modern conflicts, not modern war films in general.
Yeah I realised as soon as i TYPED that (sorry for accidentlly yelling)

I don't actually wear pants.
Well, American Sniper, and Hurt Locker are awesome. I can't think of any others.

Oh, Black Hawk Down is pretty good, though I'm unsure in which war it's based.

Generation Kill (2008) is on Amazon Prime.

Please hold your applause till after the me.
Hacksaw Ridge is the most recent good war film from 2016.
There's also Hurt Locker from 2009, and Letters from Iwo Jima from 2006.

i was jsut wondering if you guys know any good war movies that depict modern conflicts like from desert storm or around there and forward beacuse i dont know what to watch (movies about special forces are also appriciated)
13 Hours

It depicts how hard is to fight when you cannot recognize foe and friends. Where everyone in town has a fire arm and you don't know who is going to attack you. Also when your support is non existent. Nice movie.

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
Lone Survivor is fantastic. The directors job was to tell a story and he did just that. Raw and intense at every angle.

Also try Black Hawk Down, Zero Dark Thirty and American Sniper.

Lone Survivor is fantastic. The directors job was to tell a story and he did just that. Raw and intense at every angle.

Inglorious Basterds is a Tarantino one I really liked.
I really liked Lone Survivor.

Zero Dark Thirty and Kajaki the best of a bad bunch. American Sniper, Lone Survivor and Hacksaw Ridge are absolutely terrible movies.

I've heard 'No Man's Land' (2001) is worth watching.

Jarhead is probably the most authentic movie about the first Gulf War. You can really feel the soldier's frustration, and boredom, and longing for action.

Zero Dark Thirty is about the investigation on the whereabouts of Bin Laden, and his assassination by Navy Seals.

The Unknown Known is a dauting documentary about Donald Rumsfeld. It's really good, and not a bit partial IMHO. Whatever judgement you might have will not come from the director, but from seeing the man himself, his devious answers, and his smugness.

I saw No Man's Land when I was in High School, and although I could not find this film anymore, I had never forgotten about it.

You may also check The Wall, which is TBR in 2 month.