Live Action Musical Movie Hall of Fame

Tools    

I'm in for this one. Just need to decide on a nomination.
Happy to have you aboard! and back on the board too

I'm a possible maybe. Haven't made up my mind yet.
Do it Raul! All of the noms are darn cool and varied too. I'm impressed with them. If you watch them you will get an instant immersion into musical movie knowledge....and this will be a smaller Hof so easy to do.

How long would we have as I'm tied up until March 7TH between vacation and then work.
There will be the usual 1 week of time added to the Hof for each movie. If you join we will have 9 movies so 9 weeks...We start on March 1st, but the end date is more flexible. If someone has been watching the movies and needs a bit more time, no problem

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Do it Raul!
DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT lol

and WELCOME Thursday!!

Are we there yet? I'm so excited about this I think we starting tomorrow ��

Are we there yet? I'm so excited about this I think we starting tomorrow ��
We're almost there!...Sure we can start tomorrow March 1st, I will reveal the movies that were nominated and we start watching and having fun

There's still time to join, details on the 1s post.

Sent my nom, I'll also participate.

Looking forward to it, I haven't seen that many musicals!

Sent my nom, I'll also participate.

Looking forward to it, I haven't seen that many musicals!
Glad to have you aboard PG! That makes 9 members...and there's still room for more!

We have some really cool musicals, with a good diversity too. This Hof is a great way to immerse yourself into musicals and learn more about them

The Movie Nominations for the Musical Live Action Hof

Meet Me in St Louis
(Vincente Minnelli, 1944)
Nominated by Citizen Rules

1776 (Peter Hunt, 1972)
Nominated by SilentVamp

Godspell (David Greene, 1973)
Nominated by Edarsenal

Swing Time (1936)
Nominated by Nestorio_Miklos

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (Ken Hughes, 1968)
Nominated by Clazor

Into the Woods (Rob Marshall, 2014)
Nominated by ShopkeeperTriumph:

West Side Story (Robert Wise, 1961)
Nominated by Thursday Next

The Pajama Game (George Abbott, Stanley Donen, 1957)
Nominated by Gbgoodies

Les Demoiselles de Rochefort
(Jacques Demy, 1967)
The Young Girls of Rochefort (English title)
Nominated by Pussy Galore

Mary Poppins (Robert Stevenson 1964)
Nominated be Gideon

Please check for the availability of these movies and let me know if you have difficulties finding any of them. I'm happy to help people find them online

Any questions, just ask, I love questions

Think i'm going to watch Meet Me In St Louis. I've heard alot of praise for it and this would give me a good excuse to push myself to actually watch it.
Do it! and pop in and talk about it. It's a period piece film made in 1944 during WWII, and about a nostalgic look back to a gentler time, 1904. I don't know why, but that concept seems cool to me. Judy Garland is amazing as always.

I remember explaining Godspell to my room mates, and they didn't believe me that it was a real thing.
You know, I'm excited about Godspell as I've heard about it all my life, but never seen it. I'm not even totally sure what it's about. I guess I'll find out

Yeah, will do. I expect to somewhat struggle with it regardless of how good it is, but i'll go in with an open mind. I'm not going to ever get used to musicals if i don't actually watch them so may as well.

I think, it could be an accessible musical for you and you might like it. I'll be honest I don't love all the songs in musicals, sometimes they are catchy, other times not so much. But I do like the general light feel of most older musicals.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
West Side Story. I wondered if anyone would nominate it. Then I was hoping nobody would. And then I didn't think anybody would. But there it is. Why was I hoping it wouldn't be? Because I didn't want to have to have something fight against my own nomination in my mind. I just love mine - 1776 - so much. And I just love West Side Story so much. And I just wanted to automatically like mine the best in case nobody else liked it (besides gbgoodies ). Nobody should ever have to be put in the this situation.

I am kind of sort of tempted to go into a little Godspell song moment right now, but I will restrain myself.

I seriously considered Into the Woods. And then I thought I would go for something a little less known. I like seeing it here, though.

I auditioned for The Pajama Game. Got a part, too. But if it wasn't some sort of theatrical cliche. I re-injured and old ankle injury. I couldn't be in it.

I won't comment anymore than that. I will save it for reviews.

The best part about this HoF is that I can analyze and babble on and on about these and nobody can stop me!

I considered joining this HoF, but since I don't typically like musicals, I didn't want to end up disliking all the nominations and not having anything nice to say. Also the only thing I could think of to nominate was Rocky Horror. Seeing the other nominations now, it really would've stuck out haha.