IMDB Alumni, post here!

Tools    

Welcome along ex-IMDb users!

Check out the lists sections as well, one of the big things on MoFo is lists
There's also a pretty solid quizzes section too (top right)

Search function is helpful as to keep from repeat threads, there are 16 years worth of threads around MoFo, so the bets are what you're after discussing has already been started somewhere

If anyone is stuck for avatars or in particular for profile banners, there's threads on those as well knocking about where people have been showcasing their creativity and ideas and posting up interesting pictures that took their fancy, so there should be something in there that can help out in the interim too.

Welcome along!

Welcome folk
Sorry don't want to become rude by accuse and generalize imdb users/ex users here, but the reputation really bad must to admit, in regard troll and art of ***********

What is happening? I'll play the role of the old grumpy person who doesn't like change, especially not IMDB change
What you want I should build a wall and issue an executive order keeping all them undesirable refugees out?

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
This thread is sickening. Yoda should just mod them all.. jesus. Where is SC he'd probably agree with me?
But I thought we were friends!

Welcome to the forum, folks!

Please make sure to go into your User CP, upload an avatar, upload a profile banner, fill in your signature, make a custom user title, make a top ten, and maybe fill in some personal info in your profile. Also be sure to click on the "Lists" section in the upper right (in the black bar, underlined in green) and check off the movies you've seen from the various lists there.

We've got a great community here and I hope you'll all stick around and become part of it. We've got a lot of activities, too, including forum wide lists, Hall of Fame, and tournaments. You're too late to vote in the Top 100 Sci-Fi Countdown that will be starting soon, but feel free to post and follow along when the countdown begins. We'll be doing a Top 100 Movies of the 1940s after that, which you can vote in. If you have any questions or concerns, our admin Yoda and our mods (like Sedai, who posted earlier) are all very friendly and helpful.
Thanks! Will check it out.

This thread is sickening. Yoda should just mod them all.. jesus. Where is SC he'd probably agree with me?
While IMDB is a cesspool (NO ONE can argue otherwise), not all of us are vile, nasty people, I assure you.

What's suddenly got up Camo's backside?

I will say though that this thread should be in Intermission or Introductions rather than General Movie Chat
Good idea though for the ex-Db users when they come over here to have somewhere they can reference quickly to get started... especially if there's an influx.

This thread is.. ... the hell?
Calm down... I mean, sure, one or more of these people could be the next CinemaAficionado, but there could also be some worthwhile people in the group.

Also, since when did I become the optimistic one?

While IMDB is a cesspool (NO ONE can argue otherwise), not all of us are vile, nasty people, I assure you.
LOOOOL

You are the very defenition of vile, dturd6.

haha. I don't care, this thread is ridiculous tho.

Good to know you came from a cesspool tho.

Welcome folk
Sorry don't want to become rude by accuse and generalize imdb users/ex users here, but the reputation really bad must to admit, in regard troll and art of ***********
It is, sadly. They're shutting down IMDB on Feb. 20 and I found this board today. Apparently, others did as well. The only people I personally recommended this site to are all good posters.

In fact--I hope you guys DO have tighter moderation here. The moderation on IMDB is practically non-existent.

I enjoy the atmosphere around here and I can assure you and others here that I'm just looking for a new board home.

Calm down... I mean, sure, one or more of these people could be the next CinemaAficionado, but there could also be some worthwhile people in the group.

Also, since when did I become the optimistic one?
It's more that this thread is the most depressing thing on this site ever. On a site that featured CinemaAficionado.

What's suddenly got up Camo's backside?

I will say though that this thread should be in Intermission or Introductions rather than General Movie Chat
Good idea though for the ex-Db users when they come over here to have somewhere they can reference quickly to get started... especially if there's an influx.
Sorry, I wasn't aware of that section. I mainly just set this thread up as a way for the IMDB regs to touch base before we move on to other topics. Nice to meet you!