Movie Poster a Day with JayDee

Tools    

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
September 16th

It's tough to decide just what the best thing about this poster is. Is it the simple but powerful image? Is it the film's provocative title? Or is it that astonishing tagline? Actually it's not that tough after all is it? It's got to be that tagline.

Is the Father Black Enough?
(aka The Night of the Strangler aka Dirty Dan's Women aka The Ace of Spades)
(1972, d. Joy N. Houck Jr.)

I love this thread. Best thread ever. JayDee started by appealing to most people's taste, and then went bonkers with weird awesomeness!

I love this thread. Best thread ever. JayDee started by appealing to most people's taste, and then went bonkers with weird awesomeness!
Fantastic! That's exactly what I was hoping for. If it became one person's favourite thread then I'd achieved my aim. Though I didn't expect it to happen quite so soon!

And I did say it would be a real mix of stuff. For today's poster I think I'll find a balance between the two, a popular well-known film but with quite a bonkers poster

September 17th

Well I said I was looking for a bit of a bonkers poster, and Poland is always a good port of call for that. How about this for a striking image? I could talk about how the poster wonderfully expresses the brutal nature of boxing. Or how the monstrous figures capture the dehumanising effect of the watching crowd; after all they're basically just cheering on two guys to beat the hell out of each other. But it's me so I'll just say look how cool it is!!!

Raging Bull
(1980, d. Martin Scorsese / Poster Origin - Poland / Artist - Leszek Zebrowski)

Meh, thats the first one I dont like, but this is the greatest thread IN. THE. WORLD!!

Anybody at Movie Forums a movie poster collector? Like a real collector who has posters worth hundreds of dollars or more? Ive only met one person that did, someone I worked with. He looked like Oliver Reed.

Jake LaMotta pits olives.
Fantastic!!! Well played sir.

Hey Yoda, is there a way you can transfer the reps I got for the poster over to Mark? He deserves them for making the poster 10 times better as that's all I can see now.

Meh, thats the first one I dont like
Not crazy about that image.
That's it, I'm shutting this thread down! I can't be dealing with all these haters! You've ruined it for everyone else

September 18th

The Rio Paralympics come to a close today so I thought I'd mark the occasion with this poster. Admittedly the film's title may not be the most sensitive, it's a tad blunt. However the poster itself celebrates those with disabilities, showing that you don't have to be able-bodied to kick some serious ass! I've also included a close-up of the illustrations at the bottom of the poster so they can be easier seen

The Crippled Masters
(1979, d. Joe Law)

That's... um... I don't know what to say about that.
Glad to hear it as that was exactly the reaction I was aiming for.