The 10th Mofo Movie Hall of Fame

Tools    

Here's a condensed list if anyone needs it.

The Empire Strikes Back (1980, Irvin Kishner)...nominated by Seanc
The Lucky Ones (2008, Neil Burger)...nominated by Rauldc14
East of Eden (1955, Elia Kazan)...nominated by CR
Cul-De-Sac (1966, Polanski)...nominated by Cricket
Amour (2012, Michael Haneke)...nominated by Neiba
My Man Godfrey (1936, Gregory La Cava)...nominated by SilentVamp
Blade Runner (1982, Ridley Scott)...nominated by Thursday Next
Lilya 4-Ever (2002, Lucas Moodysson)...nominated by Topsy
Ugetsu (1953, Kenji Mizoguchi)...nominated by Friendly Mushroom
Dead Man's Shoes (2004, Shane Meadows)...nominated by Camo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Empire Strikes Back, I haven't seen this one in over 20 years. I loved all of the first 3 Star Wars films, and I'm going to watch them all again. I have Star Wars coming soon.

The Lucky Ones
, never heard of it, but it sounds like I might like it.

East of Eden
, my nomination, I never hear anyone talking of this movie here. I found it to be powerful and you can't go wrong with a John Steinbeck story directed by one of the greatest directors Elia Kazan. I thought James Dean owned this role and so did Steinback who said "Dean is Cal!". I really like Julie Harris in this too.

Cul-De-Sac, this is interesting as Roman Polanski is underseen, at least I don't here much talk about him here.

Amour, I've liked Neiba's past nominations so I'm looking forward to this one.

My Man Godfrey, I love this one, Carol Lombard is one of the most talented comedians to grace the big screen. This would be her big break out film. I'm glad to see this nominated.

Blade Runner, oh yeah! If I made a Top 100 list I know where this film goes. I watched this probably half a dozen times when it first came out in 1982. There's 5 different cuts of this film, with the last cut called The Final Cut being the most popular, the original version is called The Theatrical Release...Thursday said it didn't matter which version you guys watch. But when you post your thoughts it would be good to mention which cut of Blade Runner you just seen.

Lilya 4-Ever, I've very interested in this film, especially as I can tell it's a very personal film for Topsy

Ugetsu, So far I've enjoyed most of the 1950s Japanese films I watched.

Dead Man's Shoes, never heard of this one either, it sounds interesting and fun.

That's the movies. Thanks

So Topsy can you find all those movies? If you need help finding any of them just say so and MoFos are always happy to help I suggest that everyone checks out the availability of the movies now, and that way if one is hard to find we can hopefully find a means to watch by. I'm off to go look for the movies myself

I'll give it a fair shake....You never know. I liked Tarantino's western with DiCaprio (I can't think of the title right now?)
Sorry but what does one have to do with the other? I'm confused haha.

thank you! I was actually just about to do the roundabouts to make sure i had access to all of them.

I always get stick for not having seen any of the star wars movies-guess thats about to change

I found Dead Man's Shoes really powerful. I wasn't expecting it at all. A brilliant film I had on my millennium list.

Sorry but what does one have to do with the other? I'm confused haha.
Well, not having seen your movie, I'm not sure why you would think I might not like it, I guessed it was because of violence, so I was saying I do like some violent movies, so I might like yours

Are you going to watch Star Wars first or just go straight to Empire?
I was thinking i would watch star wars first-even though it probably works fine on its own there might still be bits and pieces that im not in on have i not seen the first.

thank you! I was actually just about to do the roundabouts to make sure i had access to all of them.

I always get stick for not having seen any of the star wars movies-guess thats about to change
This makes me happy but also means, in my experience, there is a good chance you will hate it.

one of my closest friends absolutely loves star wars so im going in with a positive mindsset towards it.
and im guessing its so loved by people for a reason so i wouldnt be very worried

Well, not having seen your movie, I'm not sure why you would think I might not like it, I guessed it was because of violence, so I was saying I do like some violent movies, so I might like yours
Oh. Hopefully you do then.

I was thinking i would watch star wars first-even though it probably works fine on its own there might still be bits and pieces that im not in on have i not seen the first.
Definitely watch Star Wars first if you can.