Are you a Narcissist?

Tools    

this is the correct answer . but if you have checked this story on the internet and posted the answer , then you are a narcissist . because then the urge to give the correct answer and be lauded as 'clever' among MOFOs is so great in you that you are ready to be diagnosed as a psychopath in that urge .

but if you did not check the answer on the internet and if came from your mind then you are a psychopath

so you know now , whether you are a narcissist or a psychopath
Hmmmm...... which one do you guys think I am?

Just being her "dream guy" doesn't guarantee that he would come to the sister's funeral. Just because he knew the mother, it doesn't mean that he even knew that the sister existed, especially if the girl had never met him before.

There would have to be some reason why he would come to the sister's funeral. That's why he would be the girl's father. That would make him the girl's sister's father too, so he would come to her funeral.
you cant change the story . i have already written in the story that she is in love with him .

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
No.... the guy is not her father. "Dream guy." That's not a father.
Yes, a "dream guy" could be her father. Children who have never met their father dream about what they would be like, and he was everything that she dreamed he would be.

No it's not. It's the obvious one. The only correct answer is the one I gave: there's not enough info in the question to determine her motive.
There is enough motive. You just have to figure out why the guy would go to the girl's sister's funeral, and if he's the father, then he's the father of both girls, so he would go to his daughter's funeral.

GBG's story sounds similarly demented to the correct story, I must say. In both cases, the girl kills her sister so the man will come to the funeral and she can see him again.

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules
No it's not. It's the obvious one. The only correct answer is the one I gave: there's not enough info in the question to determine her motive.
There is enough motive. You just have to figure out why the guy would go to the girl's sister's funeral, and if he's the father, then he's the father of both girls, so he would go to his daughter's funeral
.But the guy could be at the funeral for many reasons. By mistake, because he enjoyed funerals, so any answer is only a guess.

I don't believe your logic at all, GBG. There's nothing in that story that gives away the fact that the man is her father. I simply think that's all in your imagination. You WANT him to be the father. It is your projection.

GBG's story sounds similarly demented to the correct story, I must say. In both cases, the girl kills her sister so the man will come to the funeral and she can see him again.
Did she or you, Google it? I didn't because that's not the point of the question.

you cant change the story . i have already written in the story that she is in love with him .

Children love their parents.

Your answer makes no sense. There's no guarantee that he would go to the sister's funeral if there's no relationship between the guy and the sister.

Did she or you, Google it? I didn't because that's not the point of the question.

No, I didn't Google it. It was just the first thing that popped into my mind. (I watch a lot of detective shows, so that's just how my mind works.)

Anyway, just to admit it -- I guess I am a narcissist.

I DID know the correct answer to that question. I've seen it on the internet before. And I did say the correct answer just to make you all worry for a second that I might be a psychopath. Just for fun. I've asked other people that question before to test them. The first time I heard the question, I didn't give the psychopath answer. I said something like, "Oh, she killed the sister out of jealousy or something -- the sister was close to the dream guy and the other sister was jealous."

That's not the psychopath answer.

I forgot about the part (or maybe I just didn't even know) that if you already know the answer and you say it, it means you're a narcissist. So I guess you caught me there.

.But the guy could be at the funeral for many reasons. By mistake, because he enjoyed funerals, so any answer is only a guess.
I don't believe your logic at all, GBG. There's nothing in that story that gives away the fact that the man is her father. I simply think that's all in your imagination. You WANT him to be the father. It is your projection.

But that's the point. Why is the girl so sure that he will show up at her sister's funeral? Unless there's some relationship between them, she could kill her sister and he wouldn't show up at her funeral anyway.

The story won't point it out. You have to use logic to figure out why she is so sure that he would come to her sister's funeral. If there's nothing between them, why would the girl even think that he would show up at her sister's funeral? Most people don't go to funerals unless they have a reason to be there.

Children love their parents.

Your answer makes no sense. There's no guarantee that he would go to the sister's funeral if there's no relationship between the guy and the sister.
that is what psychopathy is all about . the girl is wiling to kill her own sister for a remote chance of seeing the guy again .

It's a bogus test, sorry Ashdoc but it is. If someone knows the answer then it's only a test of your memory. And if they Google it, it just shows their curious, not narcissistic.

BTW, I hope none of you find yourself on a murder jury because based on the very limited facts of the story:

This is a genuine psychological test. It is a story about a girl.

While at the funeral of her own mother, she met a guy whom she did not know.

She thought this guy was amazing, so much her dream guy she believed him to be, that she fell in love with him there and then ...but she did not take his phone number and did not know how to contact him again . A few days later, the girl killed her own sister.

Question: What is her motive in killing her sister?
We can only guess the motive. It would be narcissistic to believe someone knew the correct answer, without facts (but it's normal to guess at it).

We need some more MoFos taking this test. However...if the question is worded like this:

Question: What could be her motive in killing her sister? Then it becomes a valid test of response. As written it's flawed.

I forgot about the part (or maybe I just didn't even know) that if you already know the answer and you say it, it means you're a narcissist. So I guess you caught me there.
no , such a test ( the narcissist part ) did not exist till it came to my fertile imagination while answering the thread .

lets christen it as 'ashdoc's test of narcissism'

The test is about whatever your mind can conjure up. It's like an inkblot test -- those papers where ink is spilled on them and you're supposed to tell the psychiatrist what you see.

You fill in the blanks.

There isn't really a correct answer, per se..... it's just that the answer of "she killed her sister so the dream guy would come to her dead sister's funeral and she could get his phone number then" was a common answer given to psychiatrists by actual psychopaths. Actual murderers and such commonly gave that answer. So that's why it's the "correct" answer to the test, to see if you're a psychopath. If you say that answer, you think like people who actually have murdered other people. You have the same kind of thought process like them.

no , such a test ( the narcissist part ) did not exist till it came to my fertile imagination while answering the thread .

lets christen it as 'ashdoc's test of narcissism'
I see. Well, that's interesting. Since you just made it up, I guess that means I might not be a narcissist, then.

It's a bogus test, sorry Ashdoc but it is. If someone knows the answer then it's only a test of your memory. And if they Google it, it just shows their curious, not narcissistic.

BTW, I hope none of you find yourself on a murder jury because based on the very limited facts of the story:

We can only guess the motive. It would be narcissistic to believe someone knew the correct answer, without facts (but it's normal to guess at it).

We need some more MoFos taking this test. However...if the question is worded like this:

Question: What could be her motive in killing her sister? Then it becomes a valid test of response. As written it's flawed.

Another possibility is that the guy is the sister's boyfriend, husband, etc., and she killed her sister to get her out of the way. But either way, there has to be some reason why she's so sure that the guy would come to her sister's funeral. He can't just be some random guy.

that is what psychopathy is all about . the girl is wiling to kill her own sister for a remote chance of seeing the guy again .

I have to agree with GBG, thats rock hard stupid. I dont know what out of touch with the world psychologist would think that a deductive answer, or even a detective thinking that a real motive. If the guy was both the girls Dad then itd make sense, with information given.

Anyway, just to admit it -- I guess I am a narcissist.

I DID know the correct answer to that question. I've seen it on the internet before. And I did say the correct answer just to make you all worry for a second that I might be a psychopath. Just for fun. I've asked other people that question before to test them. The first time I heard the question, I didn't give the psychopath answer. I said something like, "Oh, she killed the sister out of jealousy or something -- the sister was close to the dream guy and the other sister was jealous."

That's not the psychopath answer.

I see. Well, that's interesting. Since you just made it up, I guess that means I might not be a narcissist, then.

There are some questions that we don't need a random test on the internet to answer.