Are you a Narcissist?

Tools    

.I lean toward modesty, quiet confidence and humility. That sounds accurate, that's how you seem to me.
But I find I'm majorly turned off by others who display arrogance or attention seeking: braggarts, show offs, those who flaunt their wealth, those who are flamboyant, know-it-alls, those who feel they don't need to listen to anyone else, anyone who feels they have the right to order others about, who feel they're in a position to manipulate others, or who feel entitled to an unwarranted degree of attention or respect without earning it.
Geez I hope I don't have too many of those traits.

I already took it a long time ago. We might be kindred spirits. You'll never know unless you take it.
Well... he'll only know how he rates on THIS test.

I say that because I don't put a lot of faith in online tests (or any type of multiple choice questionnaire) as a be-all-end-all determinant of a person's inner psyche. They're fun (and I understand that's the intention) but shouldn't be taken too seriously.

At least this test was better than a lot of online tests - I hate those ones where you spend 15 or 20 minutes filling it out and at the end they ask you to register or submit your e-mail or buy magazine subscriptions if you want to find out how you did!

Stop being boring hopefully you have all of those traits
People with all those traits are often celebrities... or wealthy people who are often in the news... or... Donald Trump!

Him and Hillary too. But not poor Bernie.
I think Hillary only knows about things like humility, empathy and compassion because she read the words in a book, or her handlers have advised her to attempt to visually project these attributes after explaining what they might look like. I doubt she's ever felt one of them.

I don't like some of the options.

I am essentially a modest person.
A narcissist WOULD say that.

If I ruled the world it would be a better place.
No ****. Government policy is 90% terrible compromises.

I like to look at my body.
Why is this weighted the same as any other question when this literally defines the story of Narcissus?

I am an extraordinary person.
Not DIFFERENT, friggen' EXTRAORDINARY.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I expect a great deal from other people.
I like to do things for other people.
That question is just bad, I don't expect anything from anyone and I don't like to do things for others.

I am going to be a great person.
I hope I am going to be successful.
Another weak one, I'm perfectly content to just wake up in a comfortable bed and to spend the day being me, aspirations be damned.

15/40 was my final score, 0 points into vanity and my highest was exploitativeness. I think that comes from having a childhood where any advantage was a good one.

By the logic of this test, it's a point towards narcissistic superiority to call it a terrible test.

I got 12/40, answering as best I could.

Assertiveness =/= Narcissism.

Why are the only options "same as everbody else" and "center of attention"? Why can't I just be different?

^ Yeah it's not really that nuanced a test. You can easily tell which answers will make you a narcissist. So if you're an extrovert and enjoy being the center of attention, too bad. and same with if you aspire to be a leader or you if you like looking at yourself in the mirror.

21/40.

Means I'm pretty much 50/50 in terms of narcissistic behaviour.

Interesting thing though is on the bottom graph, I have maximum Authority, Self-Sufficiency, Superiority, Exploitativeness and Entitlement...

... and I have zero Exhibitionism and Vanity.

I could rate myself more accurately in those same areas.

I strongly favor self-sufficiency, I'm relatively exploitative, and I definitely stick out in a crowd, but vanity should be dead zero.

How do you seriously expect to measure some of these qualities though?

Entitlement? As in questions like, "I expect a lot from other people"? That pretty relative isn't it? Isn't it "a lot" to expect common courtesy and common sense from people where such things aren't that common?

If I'm on the street I don't exactly expect anything from a random passerby, but what if most of my life is dominated by a job where I'm in charge of multiple people who I depend on to get the lead out as circumstances dictate? It'd be entirely fair to say that I expect a lot of other people, especially if they're generally uncooperative people.