Documentaries...the next Countdown List?

Tools    

The Documentary List?
59.65%
34 votes
Yes, I plan on joining.
17.54%
10 votes
No, I do not want to join.
22.81%
13 votes
I'm not sure.
57 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I'd do it, but everyone seems to want Harry.

Oh Harry, Harry, Harry!!
I'm totally fine with Harry or Gatsby. Perhaps they can arm wrestle for the privilege of slaving away over a hot spread sheet

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
You'll try to send in a list of your top 25 documentaries numbered 1-25. There really is no obligation because we've done several of these lists and nobody ever joined anything beforehand. The lists wlll probably be due in 5-6 months, but more info will be forthcoming.

Gatsby! Gatsby! Gatsby!
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Hey Capt, sorry for the late reply, but yes to what MarkF said...There's no commitment at all, it's just a numbered list which is your voting ballot, easy peasy. The deadline won't be for many, many months. There will be an official Documentary Top 100 Countdown thread made at some point. Right now we don't even know who is going to run it.

The Top 100 Countdown is a long standing board tradition. We just finished the 1960s, before that was the 70s....It's fun to submit a list and then follow along as the Top 100 films are revealed.

Monique is thinking about running the Documentaries Countdown.

Master of My Domain
So Gatsby, you gonna do this thing or what?
No, I'm letting Monique run it, because she's pissed off about me not giving her a box of chocolates.

I'm serious about not doing it though, I'm not the type of person who runs stuff, I prefer to causally watch the show unfold. Anyone here could do a great job running the list.

Good grief you all are so lazy. I hate you all. Since it looks like it's either me or this thing dies then I'm guessing it's me. Unless we want it to die? Again, I hate you all.

Anyway, if you're going to participate please vote here: http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=42841

I would participate but I have only watched about 3 documentaries. They are black fish, secrets of henry viii palace and planet earth.

I would participate but I have only watched about 3 documentaries. They are black fish, secrets of henry viii palace and planet earth.
If you are interested in documentaries, countdowns are a great way of racking the numbers.

Gray Gardens and Dior and I are just two of the documentaries I could mention. Always I'm looking for a good documentary. I would definitely participate.

Gray Gardens and Dior and I are just two of the documentaries I could mention. Always I'm looking for a good documentary. I would definitely participate.
Not seen Dior but Grey Gardens is a fascinating documentary.

christine- There are two versions of Gray Gardens : One is a straight up documentary with filming of the actual women. Is this the one you watched ? The other is a movie starring Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lang. Drew Barrymore's portrayal of " little Edie " is flawless.