Sci-Fi HoF...Hall of Fame

Tools    

I hope you join Neiba, I don't think this will be very large.

Question: On the Noir Hof I added the movie nominations as they came in to the first post and where made public.

The other Hofs had the movie nominations kept private, then reveled when the Hof starts.

Which method do you guys like? Or do you care?
I'm not sure. I'm sketchy as to my complete participation. Part of me feels like JJ where if there are too many movies, I might not want to do it - but this is sci-fi, and I love sci-fi, so it might be a breeze. There is a lot of fun in seeing the nominations appear all at once, but it might be better to do them all as they come in so I get a better sense of if I want to do this or not.

Question: On the 6th Hof there was a discussion thread created for each movie, did you guys like that?
I liked it, yeah.

Because other people want to run other Hofs, I will run this one faster, so it can be done sooner.

Besides I noticed in the Noir Hof that almost everyone was done with 13 films in half the time and the last month and half was slow and people got bored with it.

I wonder if we did 1 week per 2 films if that would work? So that means if we get 8 nominations there will be 4 weeks to watch them, if we get 10 there will be 5 weeks....Worse case scenario if someone hasn't finished we can extend the deadline some. I did that in the Noir so that 2 people could finish.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Lucas cool, I don't believe we've talked much before on MoFo, so good to have you aboard.
I ended up deleting my comment as I'm not 100% sure yet If I want to participate. I don't want to say that I'm for it, but then end up dropping out.

One question though. If I do submit my sci-fi pick, do I also send in a paragraph describing why I chose said film? I've surprisingly never participated in a HOF yet.

Question: On the 6th Hof there was a discussion thread created for each movie, did you guys like that?
There would seem to be an advantage to that but I didn't care for how it turned out.

I ended up deleting my comment as I'm not 100% sure yet If I want to participate. I don't want to say that I'm for it, but then end up dropping out.
I respect that, thanks....An idea is, you could wait for awhile and see how many films we get. I doubt this will have many films. So far there's only 2![/quote]

One question though. If I do submit my sci-fi pick, do I also send in a paragraph describing why I chose said film? I've surprisingly never participated in a HOF yet.
There's no need to say why you picked it, just the name of the film and it's year is all you need to enter.

There would seem to be an advantage to that but I didn't care for how it turned out.
Cricket in what way did it turn out that made you not care for it? Is it the reason Raul said?

It should have worked a lot better then it did but a lot of people quit discussing after they watched films.
Raul, I noticed that on all of the HoFs that I followed that at first people are excited to discuss a films, but after the Hof goes on for a long time, people loose interest. Someone on the 6th Hof said when they stopped watching films it was hard to get back into the habit. I can understand that.....That's why I would like to run this one twice as fasts as the Noir one, so to keep the interest up.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Well, the problem is that they can't be ran faster. People that join procrastinate a lot. Take me for example. I'm normally one of the fastest finishers. I still have two left and will be probably one of the first five done.

Cricket in what way did it turn out that made you not care for it? Is it the reason Raul said?
Yea pretty much; it's definitely easier if you want to read anyone's thought on a particular movie, but it seems like interaction and discussion has suffered. Maybe that's a product of the nominations or the members involved, idk?

Thanks Cricket, it sounds like we won't do the individual movie threads, but I like to hear from some more people on that.

Raul, regarding length of time for Hof, what ever the majority says we'll go with that idea.

So do you guys like 1 week per nomination as is usually done (example 10 movies in 10 weeks)? or faster as I suggested at 2 nominations per week, (example 10 movies in 5 weeks.)?

As I said in the poll, I'm in, so I'll send in a nomination in the next couple days. We could try to do it in half the time and see how it goes. If it's too much we can extend it a bit, but I think two movies a week is reasonable.

Zotis, have you watched Gunbuster?
A couple years ago I watched half of the first episode, but decided I didn't like it. I've reconsidered watching it though. I think I am more open to it now, and the animation and characters are actually quite charming.

I'm in. I've never done one of these before. I'll send my nomination in asap.