Your 2014 movie recommandations for me.

Tools    

The real surprises of last year for me:

Birdman
Whiplash (superb)
The Grand Budapest (Instant classic!)
Nightcrawler
Still Alice

I've watched most of the Oscar nominations and winners for the last two years, but sadly I haven't yet seen Boyhood.

I never heard of that one, but it looks interesting, so I'll watch it, thanks

The real surprises of last year for me:

Birdman
Whiplash (superb)
The Grand Budapest (Instant classic!)
Nightcrawler
Still Alice

I've watched most of the Oscar nominations and winners for the last two years, but sadly I haven't yet seen Boyhood.
Of all those I like Boyhood the best. I didn't see Nightcrawler yet.

What about Documentaries Citizen? Two great ones from last year were Virunga about the Virunga National Park in the Congo and Alex Gibneys brilliant Scientology doc Going Clear. Not sure if either would interest you.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virunga_(film)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going_Clear_(film)

That sounds very interesting to me. Thanks!

"In January 2013, Laura Poitras started receiving anonymous encrypted e-mails from "CITIZENFOUR," who claimed to have evidence of illegal covert surveillance programs run by the NSA in collaboration with other intelligence agencies worldwide. Five months later, she and reporters Glenn Greenwald and Ewen MacAskill flew to Hong Kong for the first of many meetings with the man who turned out to be Edward Snowden. She brought her camera with her. The resulting film is history unfolding before our eyes."

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I've only seen 10 movies from 2014 and Godard's Goodbye to Language is my favourite.

I can't really focus on very new stuff while there's so many old gems I haven't yet seen.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I've only seen 10 movies from 2014 and Godard's Goodbye to Language is my favourite.
I've seen 60+ and Goodbye to Language is one of my least favorite.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I've seen 60+ and Goodbye to Language is one of my least favorite.
Figures you've seen 60+ masterpieces!

The Salvation thanks for that MG. I do have that coming to my library. I've gotten a lot of great recommendations from this thread. I know there most be more 2014 films that would suit my fancy that I've not heard of.