Your 2014 movie recommandations for me.

Tools    

I cant suggest any films from 2014 to you.. many dont stand out and the ones that do... are not your type of films

I had considered that one, before. I use to watch Ebert way back when he and Gene Siskel had a show on PBS in the early 80s. I think the world of Ebert and Siskel too, as I watched their show for years and years.

But I don't think I can watch Life Itself as I don't want to see Ebert get sick and die, it's just to hard for me to watch that. But I'm sure it's a great film.

Jersey Boys, sounds like my kind of movie. I love period pieces and Clint Eastwood is a great director. I added that one to my watch list. Thanks

...sorry MovieGal, maybe you will have more luck finding a film for me, when I get to watching 2013 movies?

Snowpiercer.

Technically 2013, but released widely only a year later hence many view it as 2014 film. I was skeptical before seeing it but it made a lasting impression on me. The surrealistic environment combined with easy-to-follow-but-clever-enough symbolism really makes you invested. Even though heavy on drama, it never gets corny because of good pacing and well managed intense story-telling. Also, well acted (for the most part). Even funny from time to time, but never to the point where it gets annoying or derives from the story. Just a great flick all around.

I think you'd like Chef.
Update...

I watched a recommendation from Captain Spaulding last night, Chef, I liked it. It was an Indie film, quiet but subtle. Nothing fancy in cinematography, but lots of interesting stuff about cooking and creating meals with a neat father son story line.

Totally cool to see New Orleans again! I instantly recognized buildings in the French Quarter and Cafe Du Monde.

Thanks Captain Spaulding!

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I know you have Nashville in your queue. I think I read something that led me to believe you're not the biggest Woody Allen fan, and I don't love most of his movies, but you should really check out "Annie Hall"

Seeing your list, I'd see Taxi Driver, The Godfather II, Ordinary People

Edit: I just noticed the 2014...

Matt I'm still working on Woody Allen's discography, at least some of his more popular films including Annie Hall. One of these days I'll get around to the greats that I haven't seen like: Taxi Driver, The Godfather II, Ordinary People.

Right now I'm working on watching 2014 movies, got one for me?

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The only other Woody Allen film I love is Manhattan. The rest are good or not that good, but I haven't seen all of them.

As for 2014, I've seen the ones you have seen, or plan on seeing. "Still Alice" is ok, but I wouldn't waste my time with it, as there's plenty of films throughout the years.

Why the emphasis on 2014?

Why 2014 films? I wanted to see some of the Academy Nominated films and decided I should see the 'best' of 2014 and work my way back. So at some point I'll be watching 2013 films and so on. But I'm still throwing in plenty of older classics too. Right now I'm in a John Hughes phrase.

Without having seen a single one of them, I'd think you might like:

The Lego Movie, Boxtrolls, The Theory Of Everything, The Imitation Game, Selma, Big Eyes, The Fault in Our Stars, Maleficent, Jersey Boys, The Hundred-Foot Journey, The Two Faces of January, Paddington, Cuban Fury, Pride, Mr. Turner.

Not sure when it was released Stateside, but I think you'd like Belle, too.

Honeykid thanks for the movies. I had these on the first page already, The Theory Of Everything, The Imitation Game, Selma, Jersey Boys, Mr. Turner.

I will add to my watch list: Big Eyes, The Hundred-Foot Journey (this sounds good!), The Two Faces of January (a period piece, I like those).

Bump!...I still need some recommendations for 2014 films.
But I'm picky!...I'm not looking for: Hollywood block busters, action/thrillers, animation, foreign language, superhero movies, crime/murder, vampires/zombies, magic or zany comedies.

I've seen these all ready and reviewed them on my thread.
*Birdman
*Boy Hood
*The Grand Budapest Hotel
*Divergent
*Whiplash
*The One I Love
*Fury
*The Theory of Everything
*Big Eyes
*Wild
*The Imitation Game
*Interstellar
*Chef
*Predestination
*Big Eyes
*The Hundred-Foot Journey
*American Sniper
*Mr. Turner
*Still Alice
*The Two Faces of January
Seen but not reviewed:
Selma

Films recommend in this thread that I watched
, thanks!
Chef (thanks Captain Spaulding)
Predestination (thanks gbgoodies)
Mr. Turner (thanks MovieMeditation)
Big Eyes (thanks Honeykid)
The Hundred-Foot Journey (thanks Honeykid)
The Two Faces of January
(thanks Honeykid)

Films all ready recommend on this thread. ( I might watch some of these)

The Raid 2
Nightcrawler
Inherent Vice
The One I Love
Goodbye to All That
Maps to the Stars
Calvary
A Most Violent Year
Locke and Enemy
Double
Gone Girl
The Babadook
Life Itself
Jersey Boys
Rudderless
Snowpiercer
Tusk
The Lego Movie
Boxtrolls
The Fault in Our Stars
Maleficent
Paddington
Cuban Fury
Pride
Belle
Infinitely Polar Bear
Serena

But I need more 2014 recommendations, that I might like!

Care for some gopher?
Housebound