The Sci-Fi Slob's Top 100 Horror Movies

→ in
Tools    

Ravenous (1999)

A chilling tale of desperation, insantiy, and cannibalism. Based on the Donner Party incident, Ravenous is truly a stomach-churning gorefest.

30 Days of Night (2007)

I just always liked to atmosphere of this film, the dark mood and isolation. The vampires are more like the vampires I'd prefer to see in a film: sharp-vanged beasts, and not the velvet wearing, glow in the dark, emos of Twilight. 30 Days of Night is also one of only two films that I can stand watching Josh Hartnett act in, the other being The Faculty.

For some reason Ravenous has never appealed. Even the Neighbours alumni wasn't enough. I honestly don't know why but it doesn't.

I got 30 Days of Night because of Melissa George, as I did Triangle and a few others, but I've only seen it once and it wasn't particularly successful. This is mainly because I didn't like the vampires. However, as I've said before on the site, once I started to think of it as a zombie film rather than a vampire film, I enjoyed it more and felt it worked better. Of course, it could just be that after an hour or so the film starts to get good. Given the premise I expected to like it a hell of a lot more than I did.

Unregistered User
Im glad you have Ravenous on here as ive owned it on DVD for ages but never really appealed to me, i'll give it a go soon. I agree with HK on 30 Days, im not the biggest fan of vampire film so despite quite enjoying the movie itself, Ive never really gave it a second thought.

Two more I haven't seen. My sister always wanted me to see 30 Days of Night. Never got around to it.

didn't see ''Ravenous'' but 30 days of Night is very good ! This is perfect Vampire I want to see not the crappy ''Twillight'' ...

The Crazies (2010)

Remake of the 1973 Romero film, which I actually prefer over the original. Simple story: a chemical spills into a small town's water supply turning them all into loons. Good special effects, plenty of action, and, of course, lots of gore.

The Strangers (2008)

This film received mixed reviews, but I liked it. The simple plot and vicious and chilling murders are what make it so effective. Sometimes simple is best.

I thought The Crazies was great; that's another remake I forgot about.

I saw The Strangers at the movies and didn't like it. I would like to try it again, because I just don't like going to the movies. Maybe that had something to do with it.

Let the night air cool you off
Basically what Swan said, except I probably liked The Crazies more than he did. My favorite part of The Strangers is what happens to Dennis.

I'll admit, I always felt I needed to give The Crazies a rewatch.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I look forward to your list. I didn't much care for The Strangers or The Crazies, however.

The Faculty (1998)

The second best of the 90's teen horrors after Scream, with probably Josh Hartnett's best perfomance before he started fighting above his weight. The modern teen horrror take on Invasion of the Body Snatchers, and a lot more covincing than The Invasion .

Joy Ride (2001)

Another excellent 90's teen horror and one of the best road movie horrors since The Hitcher . Also my favorite Paul Walker film.