Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

They are also expecting and showcase the single gross out scene of the whole film featuring a baby's foot. Yuck.
Suspect, I'd seen the movie this past weekend and agree that the scene you talked about above is very gross, but I couldn't help but laugh, maybe out of shock. I watched this, having not seen the first film. I don't like Seth Rogen at all, and only halfway tolerate Zac Efron, but I like Rose Byrne, Carla Gallo, and Chloë Grace Moretz. So I watched and agree with most of what you said, so feel no need to really rehash it. The one thing I will say is that there are two gross-out scenes. The one you mentioned, and the one during Efron's dance to distract the girls from Rogen stealing their stash. Something that we see from behind drops out of his shorts and is pretty damn gross. Just saying.

Being There (1979, Hal Ashby)

This is definitely a unique film with a fascinating premise, and Peter Sellers delivers a wonderfully nuanced performance, but it's also pretty much a one trick pony, and does tend to get too repetitive and, frankly, annoying at times - so that takes it down a notch or two, imo.

But the good things are really good. Visually, the movie looks gorgeous, especially in the new 4K transfer from Criterion (just look at those sumptuous interiors!). Melvyn Douglas is great as the dying business mogul Ben Rand, while Shirley MacLaine takes the film to a whole new level of goofiness with her infamous performance.

Some people complain that the film stretches credibility a bit too far, and that, in real life, a mentally challenged simpleton like that would never get away with fooling so many people for such a long time, without even knowing it. Well, of course, but only if you assume this is a film that depicts events firmly grounded in reality, which it is not. That's the whole point. It's a parable, a satirical fairy tale on the foibles of human nature, political establishment, media, etc., and in that sense the movie hasn't lost a bit of its relevance to this day.

Juste la Fin du Monde (2016)

Luther the Geek (1990)

+

As a kid, Luther watches as a carnival geek is goaded into biting the head off a live chicken. Luther has an accident that knocks his teeth out. He gets them replaced with a nice set of sharp metal teeth, but he is haunted. He is scarred for life, and taking on some characteristics of a chicken, he murders people by biting into their necks. He spends many years in prison until he is finally paroled, and he's up to his old tricks. He eventually comes upon a farmhouse where he attacks a mother, her daughter, and her mother's boyfriend. This was much less campy and more disturbing than I expected. I enjoyed it, and I'd recommended to members who enjoy low budget off the wall horror.

Unregistered User
Too Late Blues is the best movie about music -- strongly urge to see it. It was made in the studio, still great, but he went independent after this starting with "Faces"

John didn't even want his name on "Big Trouble" -- Peter Falk was starring in the movie, and they fired the original director in mind, and Peter asked John to do it as a favor, and John took it (probably for medical bills, since he was dying) but part of the deal was to put in his name. Stanley Kramer did the same thing -- weasel.

I couldn't get into Bookie -- so muddled, I will try one day.. I'll try to list my Top 10.

1. A Woman Under The Influence
2. A Child Is Waiting
3. Too Late Blues
4. Love Streams
5. Minnie and Moskowitz
6. Husbands
7. Opening Night
8. Gloria
9. Shadows
10. Faces

Thanks. I'll try and get round to Too late Blues asap. What is it you love so much about A Child is Waiting?

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Thanks. I'll try and get round to Too late Blues asap. What is it you love so much about A Child is Waiting?
I can't think of a thing I didn't like about the movie. It's very emotional and moving.. I especially liked Judy Garland's character, who is also hurting, and tries to alleviate it by helping. The children -- Cassavetes thinks it's the people's problem, "How can we deal with this?" and was sympathetic to Lancaster's opinion that if you treat people like vegetables, they'll adapt to it. Even the parents can't deal with it, but it doesn't mean they don't care. Things happen..

Unregistered User

Days of Wine and Roses (1962)

Jack Lemmon plays an alcoholic who meets and falls in love with Lee Remick, who has never touched a drop. Its not long until she is now addicted and together their lives spiral out of control. Quite heavy handed but its a pretty harrowing display from both actors.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
You are too generous.

I Know Where I'm Going (1945) Charming romantic comedy set in Scotland. 8/10
I was looking at that the other day. Wasn't aware that it was set in Scotland, have to see it now.

Solace (2015)

The movie was easy to watch, pretty straightforward, nice twist and it doesn't pretend to be great. Just what I needed to relax in workdays. And Hopkins is always pleasure to watch.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Running Scared (2006)
-

I don't think I've ever seen an indie film try so damn hard, just to fail. This movie has multiple personality disorder. It's all over the place, from beginning to end. The casting was good, except for Walker, who does not stray far from his one and only comfort zone. I only enjoyed half the scenes, half the ideas. The other half were far-fetched, played out, forced, unoriginal and out of place, while occasionally bordering on the hilarious and ridiculous. Plenty of gratuitous swearing.

The t&a were appreciated.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Farmiga.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	29495  

Passengers 9/10