Jim Carrey

Tools    

Jim Carrey,my favirate comedian,who has 24 movies since 1983.And I like How the Grinch Stole Christmas,Dumb & Dumber and The Mask most.

And I think he is indeed a successful actor

i agree he is the best comedian, hower your favourite movies aren't the best there is!
Ace Ventura, liar liar, me myself and irene are my favs!
but you are a cool guy if u like jim carrey!!!!!!!!!

yea dumb and dumber is a really good movie. (clever: more like one in a million, so your saying theres a chance? YEAH!!!)

If I had to pick my favorite Jim Carrey flick and performance it would probably have to be as Andy Kaufman in Man On The Moon.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
He is a very talanted man I like him allot but I wouldnt say he is the best comedian actor around. Id have to say Liam Neelson is the best comedian actor as he is just hilariously daft.

Jim Carrey has been in some fantastic movies such as The Mask, Ace Venture 1 & 2, and Bruce Almighty just to name afew.

He has been in some stinkers as well mind ie Fun With Dick And Jane.

The Truman Show, released in 1998, basically predicts the coming onslaught of reality tv. Directed with excellent ingenuity by Peter Weir, this is in my opinion Jim Carrey's best movie. And I'm usually alone on this one, but so be it.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Yes, and you know the new movie Yes Man is such a good one,too.

I agree Harry, The Truman Show is by far his best performance to date, I haven't had the chance to see Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind yet though so that may change once I get to see that. He's a pretty funny guy in his stupid comedies, I wouldn't call him one of my favorite comedian's though.

The Truman Show, released in 1998, basically predicts the coming onslaught of reality tv.
Excellent point.
I didn't realize it.
... this is in my opinion Jim Carrey's best movie. And I'm usually alone on this one, but so be it.
I would agree.
Best movie.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
He is a very talanted man I like him allot but I wouldnt say he is the best comedian actor around. Id have to say Liam Neelson is the best comedian actor as he is just hilariously daft.
I suspect you all are getting a different Liam Neeson than we get here in the States...

I like Jim Carrey despite not being a fan of slapstick and pulling faces. It took The Truman Show before I liked him, but he's really got some chops. I like Liar, Liar and Bruce Almighty as well.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I think Dumb and Dumber is the only comedic film I've liked him in. What I've seen of Once Bitten was alright. Same with the Truman Show which I haven't seen all of.

Of course ESOTSM is good.

Overall not a fan, and he's not a draw for me, but I'll take him over that Adam Sandler guy... except for maybe in The Wedding Singer which I enjoy very much.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

His was a total genius in those early comedies - Ace Ventura, Dumb & Dumber (probably one of my most favorite EVER), The Mask. And I loved him in Eternal Sunshine....I'm looking forward to seeing him as Scrooge and his not-so-friendly ghosts in A Christmas Carol this winter too. Looks like it'll be a mix of his physical acting, his dramatic acting AND a little bit of comedy too.

Banned from Hollywood.
Annoying faces aside (which can become a bit tiring and repetitive occasionally) he is a really good actor...i have come to appreciate him more over the years...He's just as great in drama movies as well as comedy.

He's the most dynamic comedian we have today. But there's more to Jim Carrey than just belly laughs and silly gags. I think Jim will eventually land a role that will make him an Oscar contender someday.

I like him a good deal, even when the movie is overall poor, he still manages to make me smile. Just an overall entertaining, funny guy.

You guys ready to let the dogs out?
Both the Ace Ventura films are still 2 of my favourites, I think they're hilarious, he's also great in The Truman Show and Eternal Sunshine, shows he can do both the serious and the funny roles.

Jim Carrey is a funny but after so many years of the screaming and flailing arms, he lost some of his appeal. I don't think you can call anyone the greatest comedian of all time. He is one of most popular comedians of the nineties, though.