Most Overrated Movies

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Well, I'm sorry, but there isn't much about the film that rings true to me: the training sequence, the interviews of Lecter, the way Starling does everything by herself, and the climactic scene where she gets herself into a situation no FBI agent would get themselves into.

Hopkins was interesting, but his character was a large exaggeration of the real-life model for the character. I didn't buy Foster as an FBI agent, and the villain of the movie was a ridiculous cliché.

I admit my real life may be too close to the subject to approach the movie like most viewers - but I did answer the original post honestly.
I didnt buy Clarice either, and I didnt like Jodie Foster, and so damn frustrating when she'd go solo, especially to the garage...and at night time!!! I loved Hopkins, though. I didnt really appreciate the whole movie until after falling asleep at the cinema to Hannibal, and Julianne Moore as Clarice made me appreciate Jodie's portrayal.

Are you an FBI agent or a psychopathic cannibal?

Welcome to the human race...
Hope people remember these "most overrated" threads when the Mofies come around for worst thread. It usually goes to something controversial like the Trump thread or some obvious troll thread but i think these are much worse.
Hey now, people who think that Schindler's List is "basically just a slasher" are the lifeblood of this community!

Godfather Parts 1 & 2
Goodfellas
Scorsese's filmography
Kubrick's filmography
Terrence Malick's filmography
I applaud you for your honesty and your gusto, but this is a fight waiting to happen. Just with somebody else.

Also, I believe that The Revenant and South Pacific should be in this thread. Both are beautiful, well-acted, well-made movies that are stunningly uninteresting, lacking in both good pacing and good writing.

Welcome to the human race...
I mentioned The Revenant earlier in this thread, but somehow that didn't attract much controversy as it did when I called it the most overrated film of 2015 in this thread.

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
The Matrix. Plot is cool, effects are cool, but it later melds into a sort of predictable mush at the end. Keanu Reeves may be good in John Wick but his acting is bland in the Matrix. Also, the soundtrack is completely trash.

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
I agree that Avatar (mentioned on page 1) was overrated... but I still liked it.
It's Disney's Pocahontas with CGI.
And I like Disney's Pocahontas (great music!) despite the fact that it was 100% historically inaccurate and should never be shown to children for that reason.
I agree but don't most children know that what they are shown on film, especially in Disney, are fiction? I don't think children really believe that Pocahontas had a talking tree and could survive a swan dive off of a three hundred meter cliff.

The most loathsome of all goblins
Hey now, people who think that Schindler's List is "basically just a slasher" are the lifeblood of this community!
No way is it a slasher, slasher films are entertaining.

The reason I ask was because Silence of the Lamb is a 10/10 movie for me, and I don't have too many 10/10 films in my life.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
The reason I ask was because Silence of the Lamb is a 10/10 movie for me, and I don't have too many 10/10 films in my life.
For me either. 10/10 definitely!

Legend in my own mind
Opinions eh?

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
Will have to disagree on this. I actually think this movie is underrated.
I was only waiting to the end. I saw a lot of similiar movies. Nothing new for me. So I beg Your pardon but we can't agree

I Enjoy Working With People

Sorry. For me it was huge disappointment

I was disappointed in this one, too. Several scenes went on way too long for my taste. I also had the feeling watching the movie that Scorsese's own history of drug use might have caused him to think the scenes of drug use and the resulting behavior were much more entertaining to many viewers than they were. Just a guess on my part, of course, but I would have edited the movie differently.

A system of cells interlinked
Still the worst thread on MoFo.