My List of TV's Worst Husbands

Tools    

Was Murray a bad dad? I never noticed that really. Only watched the show at random times when it was on and I was bored, i just found him a pretty hands off (largely because of the mum) but well meaning dad. Loving but not outwardly as it wasn't in his personality. I'm probably wrong coz as i said i didn't watch the show that closely but why was he a bad dad? Husband i could see more but i'm still not sure if i'd agree.

Norm was definitely haha. He had some nice moments here and there tho.
It may be just my opinion, but Murray Goldberg is possibly the worst husband and father on network television right now.

George Jefferson, The Jeffersons

George (The late Sherman Hemsley) was a very smart businessman who always kept an eye on his bottom line, which led to the neglect and sometimes emotional abuse of "Weezy" (Isabel Sanford).

It may be just my opinion, but Murray Goldberg is possibly the worst husband and father on network television right now.
Yeah, that's why i asked. What is it he does that makes him a bad dad in particular?

Do you watch the show? How can you watch the show and even ask that question?
Did you read my post that you quoted? How could you even read that post and ask that question?

What is it he does wrong as a father? I'm not denying he is one but i'm asking why, as i said i watched the show off and on often in the background so i didn't always pay close attention. All i saw was a typical hands off sitcom dad.

Fitzgerald Grant, Scandal

He may be the POTUS and married to a vengeful witch with her own political agenda, but it doesn't change the fact that he cheated on his wife for years with the campaign manager, Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington) who bought his first election for him and continued to see her even when he was still in the white house, being civil to wife Mellie (Bellamy Young) for the public, but even in private being complete obsessed with Olivia and somehow getting any other man who comes near Olivia out of the picture.

Hal, Malcolm in the Middle

It was pretty difficult for Hal to be a good husband since wife Lois (Jane Kacsmarek) kept his balls in a mason jar somewhere.

Matthew Blaisdell, Dynasty

Matthew (Bo Hopkins) pretended to be devoted to his mentally unstable wife, Claudia; however never really stopped loving Krystle Carrington (Linda Evans).

Ralph Kramden, The Honeymooners

The series was a classic and Ralph was one of TV's most popular TV characters ever, but let's face it, he was not the world's greatest husband.

Frank Costanza, Seinfeld

Another character where it was a real horse race whether he was a worse father or husband but he definitely deserves to be on this list.

Dr. Michael Mancini, Melrose Place

Michael (Thomas Calabro) was a handsome and sexy doctor who was married to the lovely Jane (Josie Bissett) who was hopelessly devoted to her husband initially until Michael pretty much slept with every woman in the apartment complex, including Jane's little sister, Sydney (Laura Leighton).

You can't win an argument just by being right!

Ralph Kramden, The Honeymooners

The series was a classic and Ralph was one of TV's most popular TV characters ever, but let's face it, he was the world's greatest husband.

Is that the 'pow, straight to the moon, Alice' guy? Poster child for domestic violence.

Stanley Roper, Three's Company

When Stanley (the late Norman Fell) wasn't making pointed remarks about Jack's alleged sexual orientation, he was doing anything humanly possibly to keep from having sex with his wife, Helen (the late Audra Lindley).

How is it I just now seen this thread? Cool idea too

30.Ted Baxter, The Mary Tyler Moore Show

Ted Baxter was one of the best characters on the MTM show. He was sooooo self absorbed that it was hilarious. Glad to see him remembered here.

25.Jefferson D'Arcy, Married...with Children
I bet we'll be seeing that show again on your list.

18.George Jefferson, The Jeffersons
Loved that show. Weezy gave it right back to poor George.

Red Foreman, That 70's Show
Great character, makes me laugh just thinking of him calling everyone a 'dumbass'

13.Ralph Kramden, The Honeymooners

Another show and character that are favorites of mine. Now I want to watch The Honeymooners.

9. Stanley Roper, Three's Company
Norman Fell was a funny character, he was such a 'dumbass' going to such great lengths to avoid romantic encounters with his wife Helen.

Will Shuster, Glee

Will (Matthew Morrison) was a terrific teacher who would walk through fire for his students, but during the show's six seasons on the air, we watched this guy destroy two marriages (Jesalyn Gilsig, Jayma Mays) due to the fact that he seemed to care more about his students than his marriage.

Is that the 'pow, straight to the moon, Alice' guy? Poster child for domestic violence.
Ralph never hit Alice. He wouldn't dare. That was part of the show's message. It was the first truly feminist sit-com.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Ralph never hit Alice. He wouldn't dare. That was part of the show's message. It was the first truly feminist sit-com.
I dont remember it but realise he never went through with the threat. I just remember the line. I somehow think that a show like that in today's PC out of control mode would not be well received.