Terrorist Attacks

Tools    

Suspected attacker...

Four people have died police confirm, at least 20 injured

This must be the "Asian" man they've been describing. (Of course, most of what we call the "Middle East" is within Asia.)

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
EDIT:

Radical Muslim cleric mistakenly named as London attacker

http://nypost.com/2017/03/22/radical...ndon-attacker/

Lovely. Maybe they just dont whip out their crystal ball but prefer to wait for, as I said, an official announcement rather than jump the gun. You know, like when NYT declared Breivik was a muslim.

Deary me.
I do have to agree with you, Dani.

I always say we should not jump to conclusions until all facts are in. I agree with former President Obama who told us not to jump to conclusions about Islamic Terrorism after the Fort Hood massacre in 2009 (yet he himself jumped to conclusions on multiple occasions regarding police & racial issues before facts were known - I guess his philosophy was "do as I say, not as I do.")

But he did advise us not to jump to conclusions regarding Fort Hood. And it turned out he was right! Nidal Hasan murdering over a dozen people while screaming "Allahu Akbar!" after he'd written essays on the rightness of Islamic supremacy and communicated with terrorist agitator Anwar al-Awlaki wasn't just another terror attack by an Islamic jihadist... it was simply "workplace violence!"

LOL. Wsnt it the NYP that broke the news of the world tht Breivik was an Islamic terrorist?
You know, like when NYT declared Breivik was a muslim.
So, have you picked one? NYP or NYT?

You can't win an argument just by being right!
So, have you picked one? NYP or NYT?
Not my rags so no, why should I pick one? I prefer to read reuters and al jazeerah to get a cross section.

I do have to agree with you, Dani.

I always say we should not jump to conclusions until all facts are in. I agree with former President Obama who told us not to jump to conclusions about Islamic Terrorism after the Fort Hood massacre in 2009 (yet he himself jumped to conclusions on multiple occasions regarding police & racial issues before facts were known - I guess his philosophy was "do as I say, not as I do.")

But he did advise us not to jump to conclusions regarding Fort Hood. And it turned out he was right! Nidal Hasan murdering over a dozen people while screaming "Allahu Akbar!" after he'd written essays on the rightness of Islamic supremacy and communicated with terrorist agitator Anwar al-Awlaki wasn't just another terror attack by an Islamic jihadist... it was simply "workplace violence!"
We had the same situation here with the sydney siege. People automatically jumped to the conclusion the gunman was affiliated with Isis. He wasnt. He was a nutbag attention whore who knew the media would be on him 24/7 if he said he was. That guy was under the eye of task forces for previous activities so I have no idea how someone with mental health issues managed to buy guns in the strictest gun control country in the world. It's a shtty system but that's another topic.

We had the same situation here with the sydney siege. People automatically jumped to the conclusion the gunman was affiliated with Isis. He wasnt. He was a nutbag attention whore who knew the media would be on him 24/7 if he said he was. That guy was under the eye of task forces for previous activities so I have no idea how someone with mental health issues managed to buy guns in the strictest gun control country in the world. It's a shtty system but that's another topic.
Not sure, Dani, but you may have missed my sarcasm - the Fort Hood massacre was indeed Islamic Terrorism but was "classified" as "workplace violence" by the B. Hussein Obama administration so they wouldn't have to pay the wounded and slain service people's families specific benefits they'd receive if they'd been wounded or died in a terrorist attack.

Legend in my own mind
British Parliament attacker was radical Muslim cleric

http://nypost.com/2017/03/22/british...muslim-cleric/
Deleted now.

Edit: Now it says mistaken. Kind of proving Dani's point

The guy mentioned was put in prison for 2 years in January 2016.

It might well be him but the story has been taken down.

At the time I assumed that it was highly likely that it was an Islamic fundamentalist but when Brexit is happening and an attack happens at Westminster then a political extremist could have been possible too.

Not sure, Dani, but you may have missed my sarcasm - the Fort Hood massacre was indeed Islamic Terrorism but was "classified" as "workplace violence" by the B. Hussein Obama administration so they wouldn't have to pay the wounded and slain service people's families specific benefits they'd receive if they'd been wounded or died in a terrorist attack.
Oh I caught your sarcasm but I derailed myself because I've been meaning to mention the sydney siege nutcase. Sorry, my caffeine hasnt kicked in yet. And I've got stuff happening all over my screen at the moment so I;m flitting around like a goldfish

Well the assailant wont be trying that again.

Which one did what you say? Both?
From memory it was NYT. Does it matter? The fact of the matter is the editor jumped the gun and printed misinformation. I;m not sure what you're even getting at or if you simply want a punch up. It might have been both for all I know. In this case newspapers are waiting for the facts before making hasty claims.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
The reason this sort of attack is almost certain to be Islamic terrorism is the suicidal nature of the incident. Recent terrorist atrocities by Anders Brevik or the man who killed British MP Joe Cox for example didn't plan to die (although Brevik did walk toward Police with his gun before giving up at last moment).

Such a shame, a poor Policeman just doing his job and at least 3 other's just going about their day are now dead, just dead and gone having everything taken from them and for what?! because some ****ing idiot who believes we are the "kuffar" (unbeliever) therefore a lesser species deserving of slaughter.

Politicians are really responsible for this mess having preached "tolerance", "multiculturalism", "cultural enrichment" for the past 20 + years. Generally men from many countries in the middle east are simply stuck in a medieval mentality in a modern world and are not compatable with modern western civilisation. Even if only 1% of Muslims subscribe to the more extreme ideology and of those only 1% or less could be able to carry out an atrocity like this then we still have a huge problem.

Plus - the attack mimics those that became popular in Israel (among jihadists of course, not among Israelis) and which were espoused by ISIS who encouraged all Muslims to carry out such attacks globally.

The same M.O. was used by Abdul Razak Ali Artan, the jihadist who attacked innocent people on the campus of Ohio State University less than 5 months ago. Hundreds of others worldwide follow the same exact tactics.

Such a shame, a poor Policeman just doing his job and at least 3 other's just going about their day are now dead, just dead and gone having everything taken from them and for what?! because some ****ing idiot who believes we are the "kuffar" (unbeliever) therefore a lesser species deserving of slaughter.
I agree about the innocent who died and were injured, but I;m not going to assume it's religiously motivated until more facts arise. The same thing happened the other day in this very thread. A man pulls out a knife, yells allah-u-akbar and slits a guy's throat. People assumed that because he was wearing particular ethnic carb is was an islamic terror attack. It was a domestic violence and mental health issue. I;m not saying that's any better but let's call a spade a spade until we know more. If I put on shalwar kameez and a pakol hat which I own, recite the islamic creed in arabic which I can do, pull out a knife and stab my cray cray christian neighbour, people will assume it's an isis related attack. No, it just means the police should shoot me in the head.

From memory it was NYT. Does it matter? The fact of the matter is the editor jumped the gun and printed misinformation.
Just thought you might know what you were talking about while trying to tell us about it. Sorry, my mistake.

Just thought you might know what you were talking about while trying to tell us about it. Sorry, my mistake.
Wow. You seem very angry at the world. No need to take that out on the board. Isnt there enough sht going on around the globe? Go hug your mum or something.

Yes, roaring anger. Keep reading into things.

NYP-Conservative

NYT-Liberal

I was curious who made the boo-boo you've been blabbing about.

Thoughts are with the family of the policeman and the three other as yet unnamed people. Also most probably the family of the man who caused this devastation as time after time the families of lone radicals are also made to suffer with the dreadful realisation that their son did this unspeakable act.

Great work by the emergency services and by MP Tobias Ellwood who worked so hard trying to save the policeman. Who was posting the other day condemning all politicians?

Edited

Yes, roaring anger. Keep reading into things.

NYP-Conservative

NYT-Liberal

I was curious who made the boo-boo you've been blabbing about.
As I said not my rags. Why on earth would I know what their leanings are. Good grief. In the words of Yoda fear leads to anger anger leads to hate. If you want to lead your life that way that's yourcross to bear. Good luck with that.