Power Rangers (2017)

Tools    

I think this trailer has me officially on board. It looks like it's finally embracing it's inner Saturday morning cartoon vibe, which is what something like this needs. Some of the humor was awkward, but that's Power Rangers for you. The CGI itself is so so, but it's all designed in a very cool way, I honestly love those suits.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Not a fan of Goldar's look. Hopefully it's good for the fans.

Suspect's Reviews

im totally in for this after watching the trailer, now we just need the cheesy 90s soundtrack XD

As a fan, I'm dreading this. It just seems that Lionsgate took the name and saw how long it had been going, and immediately saw money signs. They get a crap director on board, a mediocre cast, as well as visual effects that look dull and uninspiring.

As a fan, I'm dreading this. It just seems that Lionsgate took the name and saw how long it had been going, and immediately saw money signs. They get a crap director on board, a mediocre cast, as well as visual effects that look dull and uninspiring.
I agree about a very small proportion of the visual effects, but I think the cast looks really good. I mean Banks and Cranston are both excellent but it's the kids that I was really impressed by when the first trailer came out.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
I agree about a very small proportion of the visual effects, but I think the cast looks really good. I mean Banks and Cranston are both excellent but it's the kids that I was really impressed by when the first trailer came out.
He only has one line in the trailer, but I wonder how Bill Hader will pull it off as Alpha 5. I agree, the new cast of Rangers pull it off nicely from what I see.

Looking for a movie watching partner

2017 holds a lot of excitement for all the movie lovers out there. Another interesting movie that is going to be released in 2017 is Power Rangers. This movie revolves around the superhero concept and is directed by Dean Israelite. This movie is from the Power Rangers franchise.

This is the third movie that has been released by the franchise. This film is rebooting the power ranger concept and giving the audience a reason to reimagine the entire plot with a new perspective. What makes this film interesting is that all the characters are being portrayed by an entirely new star cast. This movie is expected to be released on 24 March 2017.

The Plot
The story is all about five teenagers, but their life experiences a massive change when they come to know that the world and their town Angel Grove are facing a threat. These teenagers realize the fact that the world is about to get obliterated. Well, destiny chooses these teenagers to be superheroes who are out on a mission to save the world from the sabotage. However, before these teenagers can join hands as the power rangers they must address their personal life issues, but they need to join hands before it gets too late. The real threat in the movie is Rita Repulsa.

She intends to destroy the world. She is quite a powerful witch. She seeks the Zeo Crystal in the movie. She also has an army of stone golems behind her who help her in her mission. Goldar is another giant monster who is backing Rita. Thus the Power Rangers have to beat Rita and her army.

The exciting elements of Power Rangers
Well, the star cast is also an interesting aspect of this movie, and all the actors are talented. Dacre Montgomery plays the role of Red Ranger in the movie. He is the leader of the Power Rangers and is the force behind this superb team. Naomi Scott plays the role of Pink Ranger, and she is also one of the influential members of the Power Rangers clan. RJ Cycle plays the role of Blue Ranger who is also a member of the Power Rangers clan. Becky G and Ludin Lin play the yellow and the black ranger.

Now the casting for this movie was quite an extensive process as mentioned on several websites. The cast started testing for the roles way back in October 2015. After extensive tests and demos, the cast was finalized.

Therefore, the audience should have their hopes pinned on this movie after watching its trailer. It seems that this may turn out to be one of the best versions of the Power Rangers that will pull the audience to the cinemas. Moreover, the action of the movie also seems worth waiting for. The plot also sounds solid so with all the factors falling into place this movie is evidently bent upon stealing the spotlight for sure.

yeah super cool poster

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
I always thought this show was really gay. This just confirms it...

'Power Rangers' Breaks Ground With First Queer Big-Screen Superhero
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...plained-987236

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I mean, it already looks like a Bay production, I'm sure you'll get it.
Ouch.

Nah, Bay is fine, I actually kind of liked the first Transformers, but other than the sequel that's all I've watched from his. From what I can gather, You know exactly what you're getting with him. I've always wanted to explore his filmography, they all seem like fun, simple blockbusters.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Nah, Bay is fine, I actually kind of liked the first Transformers, but other than the sequel that's all I've watched from his. From what I can gather, You know exactly what you're getting with him. I've always wanted to explore his filmography, they all seem like fun, simple blockbusters.
I really liked the first as well. Just seemed like a fun robot movie. I also liked his input into the baysplosions in Black Sails. The guy sure knows how to blow stuff up. The guys shooting those explosives scenes had a lot of fun while running around with all the protective gear.

I liked the latter TV shows myself. Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder were lots of fun, and Dino Thunder brought back Tommy Oliver, who is missing in this new movie. Are they planning to bring Green Ranger into a sequel?

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
I liked the latter TV shows myself. Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder were lots of fun, and Dino Thunder brought back Tommy Oliver, who is missing in this new movie. Are they planning to bring Green Ranger into a sequel?
Yes they are. Haim Saban even confirmed they are hoping to start a six-movie arc beginning with this film. The official Power Rangers twitter posted this photo as to the Green Ranger possibly appearing depending on the box office:

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
Looks cliched and uninspired....but if they give it a goofy sense like the original show it could be good fun.

I was surprised that the film is doing well so far. I have not watched the movie yet, but what do you guys think of the movie?

Has anyone seen this one yet? I'm debating about going, but don't know if I want to spend the money.