Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Hachi: A Dog's Tale (2009)

I'm not sure who here on MoFo recommended this movie, but whoever you are, I may never forgive you for making me watch this movie. I loved the movie, but I cried through almost the entire second half of the movie.

WARNING: "MAJOR SPOILERS for "Hachi: A Dog's Tale (2009)"!!!" spoilers below
Watching Hachi waiting at the train station for someone who was never going to come home was heartbreaking. By the time the movie was over, I don't know if I was sad that he died or happy that they were reunited again.

Never heard of that before, added to watchlist.

American Gangster [2007] - 8/10

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Star Trek Beyond (2016)
-

In various ways, they really are trying to make these films as queer and as goofy as possible. That opening fight scene was a real joke. Maybe they were trying too hard to be a bit like Guardians of the Galaxy with this installment. I liked Jaylah for my favourite character. I'm not a Star Trek fan, so, I got pretty much what I expected from this blockbuster. I'll still check out any future releases, just for the action.

Ned Kelly (2003)
+

Solid film. Good acting. Loved the armour. Must be nice to see it up-close in a museum.

Is that Japanes suicide squad??
If that so,, I am gonna watch it.
PS - Not SS fan at all.

Hachi: A Dog's Tale (2009)

I'm not sure who here on MoFo recommended this movie, but whoever you are, I may never forgive you for making me watch this movie. I loved the movie, but I cried through almost the entire second half of the movie.
I remember you liking it on my movie thread, it broke me too, I think it's really underrated.

The Accountant

I remember you liking it on my movie thread, it broke me too, I think it's really underrated.
Will be adding A Dog's Tale to my watchlist...I will watch anything with Joan Allen.

Pump Up The Volume

An introverted and insightful teenager finds an outlet for his viewpoints through a shortwave radio

Would of scored this higher but there was some really corny moment that made me want to hide my face, nevertheless the good outweighed the bad and there was lot's I did like about it

Beauty and the Beast - 2017

If this was a completely new original story, I would be more high on it. It was very well executed; the songs are great and like I said above the production value is amazing. But when I sat down to really think about it, if I had to choose only one to watch, it will be the original animated version. Overall the movie is fun, heartfelt and has an incredible cast. I had fun and I laughed for a good chunk of the two hour and ten-minute running time and this is why I love movies.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Never heard of that before, added to watchlist.
Pretty gut wrenching, wasnt it. A dog owner friend of mine will never watch another dog movie after howling all through this, bless him. Richard "Gere did a great job.

Is that Japanes suicide squad??
If that so,, I am gonna watch it.
PS - Not SS fan at all.
if u expect something like harley quin or exploitation movie will pulled then it's no
little spoiler that's just glimpse of moment she turned like that

Chung Hing sam lam (Chungking Express) (1994)

Rewatching all Kar Wai Wong's films.

i almost thought I am the only one who saw it. I loved that film and Sátántangó even more
Definitely planning to watch Sátántangó next but I've got to brace myself for that one - and find some time, too .

Definitely planning to watch Sátántangó next but I've got to brace myself for that one - and find some time, too .
yes, you gotta prepare well for it, i watched it on one sitting however with 2 breaks for stretching a bit. I prepared something to eat and drink before and made sure i wouldn't be distracted. That reminds me i should rewatch.

Renoir (2012)
-

This film read my mind, then delivered t&a. Very slow storyline, characters all seemed emotionally distant from each other, but, in a fair trade-off, it was beautifully shot. Good for one watch.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	****.png
Views:	293
Size:	332.4 KB
ID:	29463  

The Immigrant (2013)
-

This movie was awful on many levels. It reinforced so many stereotypes, that you could burn the whole film and not care about a single character. I don't care for Phoenix or Renner, but, somehow I managed to sit through it. I was disappointed. It just wasn't for me.

Jigoku (1960)

So I guess Jigoku is Japanese for Hell, and that's a title that makes sense for this movie. You could say the movie has two parts to it. The first hour focuses on the questionable actions of some characters, and how they affect others, and it's an enjoyable first hour. From there, they all end up in hell, and are punished for their various sins. I don't remember another movie spending a half hour in hell, and it was fairly unnerving even if I don't believe in that stuff. The movie works if you're looking for something a little wild, or if you're interested in the theme of morality.