Your favorite anime

Tools    

Toonami was a big influence on getting into anime as a teenager. So for me the likes of Tenchi Muyo, Outlaw Star, and the like were heavily included.

Funny thing is I preferred Tenchi Universe as a teenager, but I have revisited both this year I found I liked the original OVA more.

Link to my fav anime thread

The most loathsome of all goblins
Toonami was a big influence on getting into anime as a teenager. So for me the likes of Tenchi Muyo, Outlaw Star, and the like were heavily included.
I still vividly remember racing home from school to catch YYH, DBZ and Gundam Wing. Twas the golden age of Cartoon Network

I still vividly remember racing home from school to catch YYH, DBZ and Gundam Wing. Twas the golden age of Cartoon Network
It was also the gateway drug to anime.

Now before the block, I was only familiar with anime from Speed Racer and a few things I saw on the Sci-Fi channel. But I did not become a fan until I got into Dragonball Z when it was aired before the Saturday morning run of Kids WB. But that was an episode a week. When Toonami started playing DBZ, it was a new episode or two a day. And then I watched other shows in the block until I became a fan.

Then I watched a series on my brothers suggestion called High School of the Dead, and my enthusiasm for anime dropped off substantially. As such I don't watch new anime (exceptions apply) but I still watch what I have on DVD or watched in the past.

Originally Posted by Seer123
Also don't watch ****** emo anime like death note and aot that is just trash. Also dont watch dragon ball, fairy tail, one piece, or bleach.
now don't listen to this, it's bunch of waste try to follow and commit into someone or vocal community taste. If you pick interest and you find enjoyment on it's not bunch of waste. Except you find hundreds of episodes was too much for invest the quality time with.

My new addition, step up the game into a little bit more mindf*ck than action based

Paranoia Agent

Ergo Proxy

Serial Experiment Lain

Texhnolyze

MC for the Great Underground Circus
DBZ stopped the nation when it was on public channel. Everybody and their grandmothers would leave everything they were doing because of it.

Here are my 15 favorite anime series:

1. Yu Yu Hakusho
2. Berserk (1997 series, not the one that just came out last year, even though that's worth checking out too)
3. Hetalia
4. Claymore
5. Desert Punk
6. Fruits Basket
7. Elfen Lied
8. The Devil is a Part-Timer!
9. Attack on Titan (just caught up with the manga, highly recommend!)
10. Black Butler
11. Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
12. Death Note
13. Tokyo Ghoul
14. Hellsing
15. Dragon Ball Z

I was also one of those kids who grew up watching Adult Swim. It's where I first discovered Yu Yu Hakusho, Inuyasha, Big O etc. They weren't animes but I also loved Space Ghost and Home Movies. Also loved Samurai Jack and pretty psyched for its return!

^i believe lot homages for chanbara movies on that one + hip hop blending on it.

It's not fair to see other
shinichiro watanabe's stuff but this one not yet.

His stuff always mix of thing that'll suit movie geek I suppose, In this case Scifi tone

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
I just finished watching Attack on Titan season 1 and I love it. I've considered watching more anime. Does anyone have a favorite anime they can recommend?
Loved Season 1 and I'm looking forward to season 2. Here's mine at the monent:

1) Nanbaka
2) Dragon Ball Z
3) Izetta, die Letzte Hexe (Izetta the Last Witch)
4) Sword Art Online
5) Dominion: Tank Police
6) The Slayers Next
7) Yoroiden Samurai Troopers (adapted in the US as Ronin Warriors)
8) Bio-Booster Armour Guyver
9) Gatchaman
10) Cowboy Bebop

“I was cured, all right!”
7) Yoroiden Samurai Troopers (adapted in the US as Ronin Warriors)
Now, that's nostalgic
Yoroiden Samurai Troopers and Shurato, good old Saint Seiya rip offs that was incredible great!

My personal favorite is Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.
Started watching last week and I'm enjoying it very much!

I'm also a newbie on this matter but two I've seen and liked very much was One Punch Man and Death Note...

I'm also a newbie on this matter but two I've seen and liked very much was One Punch Man and Death Note...
Opm is a 7/10 and dn is a 0/10

I have this weird feeling that I saw your nickname somewhere, mmm where was it? Anyway, glad you enjoyed those 3, they are really good I somehow want to recommend you one too, since you said you are still a newbie I didn't mentioned it I think, Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu, it's really new, it started in 2015 and it ended on 2016 the last season, 24 episodes, I don't wanna spoil anything so if you want to know the description I don't want to take part on that it starts on episode 0 on some websites.

I also forgot to mention how there are a lot of good sports anime, which sound lame but are quite enjoyable!!

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Well I have waxed poetic in my own Top 10 anime thread. Admittedly I probably should have gone into a lot more detail about how I came to watch the show and the like and I should have done a top 12, but whatever. Not to mention it is out of date by now since I have a new entry.

Anyways, here are my top 12 anime shows.

1. The Slayers
2. Cowboy Bebop
3. Dragonball Z
4. Dragonball
5. Full Metal Panic
6. Attack on Titan
7. Outlaw Star
8. Gundam Wing
9. Berserk
10. Those Who Hunt Elves
11. Black Lagoon
12. Tenchi Muyo
Few things can outclass Outlaw Star when it comes to anime. Totally my favourite anime for the moment. Loved Hellsing: Ultimate as well.

Here are some recs for you guys.

Ninja Scroll
Vampire Hunter D
Venus Wars
Jin Roh: The Wolf Brigade
Saikano
Angel Cop
Genocyber
A.D. Police Files
Dagger of Kamui
Dragon's Heaven
Ping Pong: The Animation
Zeiram the Animation

But my personal favorites are Perfect Blue, Ghost in the Shell, and The Animatrix.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
To be honest, I'm really bad at actually watching stuff. I have a local bookstore that specializes on the more sci-fi/fantasy/anime/manga stuff where I can get much of the more popular stuff in anime. I buy stuff/get stuff for Christmas/birthdays from there but then I never get to the watching part. So now, this is what's lying around ready to be watched:

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (have the original one too, have seen that)
Kino's Journey
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
Samurai Champloo
Soul Eater
Chobits
Gurren Lagan
Black Lagoon
The Dissapearence of Haruhi Suzumiya (have both seasons of Melancholy, seen the 1st)
Spice and Wolf (both seasons)
Wolf Children
Samurai 7
Trigun
Welcome to the NHK
Baccano!
Deathnote

Anyone in particular you think I sould start with?