Television Tab

Tools    

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Officially the last person to start watching Stranger Things, but it's great. Nostalgia wash over me.

Just started The Kettering Incident

I love spooky stuff but none of it really 'scares' me. Loss of time and disorientation does though... so far so good.

The only thing I'm currently sorta watching is season 3 of Brooklyn 9-9, which I think is the best comedy show for quite a few years.

I bought the Game of Thrones box set today as a gift, which I'll be giving to my boyfriend for his birthday at the end of the month, and inevitably watching myself (don't you just love selfish gifts). I've never seen a single episode so I'm excited to finally see what all the fuss is about.

My top 3 favourite shows of all time would have to be:
Six Feet Under
Oz
Breaking Bad

Finally got around to watching The Expanse and it was a lot better than I expected. Will definitely be watching the second season.

And now on to The 100...

The only thing I'm currently sorta watching is season 3 of Brooklyn 9-9, which I think is the best comedy show for quite a few years.
^ I don't know why but for some reason I can't get past episode 2 of series 1, I literally keep nodding off during the episode... it's not that I don't like it but something is keeping me from continuing, it's scary!

Last watched:

About five episodes into series 1 and I love it, it's so silly.

No Offence - Series 2 started last week, really enjoyed the first series.

Rick and Morty - Started series 1 of this animation last night, have been looking for some really weird and out there television animation series and someone recommended this, along with Adventure Time that I've yet to watch. A few episodes in and I find it highly amusing.

The Great Indoors - This new comedy series started here in the UK tonight, so far it's nothing special but will give a few more episodes a go.

And yay, Neighbours started today, after about 2 weeks off air it's back but dear me what a horrible cheap opening sequence! and apparently full of spelling mistakes - didn't notice though, I was so shocked at how cheap it was. Never mind drunk when doing the font, they were drunk when filming it!

Been watching the glitch today.an australian series where suddenly people wake up from the dead and crawl out of thier graves--they then have to find out what happened to them,why they died,and try to make peace with the changes that has happened while they were gone.
OK series,but pretty entertaining the least

Curb Your Enthusiasm- Season 1-
+

Black Mirror: Season 1
The National Anthem-
+
Fifteen Million Merits-

The Entire History of You-
+

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Rectify is finished. The Fall is done. I guess it's time for a replacement series that suits me. I've been looking around and couldn't find anything solid and long term for myself, until today.

Cheeky minders, those Peaky Blinders. I must say, first two episodes were beautiful. Can't wait to watch the next one. Only life and sleep are getting in the way. Now, this is a series I can commit to.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Grand Tour update!

After episode 1 was one of the better things our aging trio have come up with recently, I was cautiously optimistic. Episode 2, however, was comfortably the worst thing I've ever seen Clarkson, May and Hammond do ... and that includes Total Wipeout.

Subsequent shows have been middling to poor, with far too much of the pre-planned goofs and pratfalls that irritated me about Top Gear's final few seasons. They're at their funniest while reaping the harvest of their own ineptitude, but in seeking to manufacture that ineptitude? This is where they're failing miserably.

Oh, and the Christmas special, the shining light of even the later Top Gear output? It was the dullest, most directionless yet.

The Grand Tour is nowhere near as awful as Chris Evans's Top Gear but Clarkson and Wilman, backed with Amazon's billions, have surely taken this format as far as it can go. I think they can still make great TV but the Grand Tour reeks of self-indulgence.

I refuse to +1 such blashpemy! (crying)
How dare you say such things! (curls into a ball)
You should have your internet privileges revoked! (*inconsolable sobbing mess pleading for them to "make the bad man stop"*)

So sad to hear this. Of all things (well, that sweet video game discount too ) this was going to get me to pony up for Prime again.

Anyone watched the first episode of Taboo on BBC1? Starring Tom Hardy and a whole host of great British character actors, and more to come looking at the future cast list. Tom Hardy who is a little like Bill Syke's nastier brother, comes back from his travels to claim his inheritance together with some deep dark secrets. All very Dickensian, but just up my street

I'm cracking on with Game of Thrones season 6, which I got for Christmas.

A friend's daughter has a role in the currently-filming season 7 and I'm hearing lots of juicy gossip. Sworn to secrecy, of course, but expect tales of 'He's a monumental arse' and 'She's lovely'.

Anyone watched the first episode of Taboo on BBC1?

Got it recorded, but haven't watched it yet.

I wish we had the real BBC networks here. The american version is horrible. Think, Star Trek TnG all day long. Taboo is being shown on FX here.

I'm cracking on with Game of Thrones season 6, which I got for Christmas.
I've bought the 1-5 box set for my boyfriend for his birthday, so am finally going to watch this infamously brilliant show! At long last! I haven't seen a single episode. Looking forward to it, it better be as good as everyone says it is haha.

I've bought the 1-5 box set for my boyfriend for his birthday, so am finally going to watch this infamously brilliant show! At long last! I haven't seen a single episode. Looking forward to it, it better be as good as everyone says it is haha.
I like it. Wouldn't say it would make my 'best of' list but it's fantastically well made (up the road from here ) and acted.

LOTR with lots of willies and boobs, basically. I'm ok with that.

Humm I know the characters/ideas came before it but I just can't help feeling amused at Arthur Darvill's role as the Doctor... I mean Rip Hunter. Time Master, vortexeseses(whatever) and even the same sort of handle to start the tardis... I mean 'Waverider'.

I'm half way through series 1, it's silly shite but fun silly shite with rubbish acting - White budgerigar is just wonderful in that department. Oh and the voices coming from hot and cold, just fabulous.

DC's Legends of Tomorrow -

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Anyone watched the first episode of Taboo on BBC1? Starring Tom Hardy and a whole host of great British character actors, and more to come looking at the future cast list. Tom Hardy who is a little like Bill Syke's nastier brother, comes back from his travels to claim his inheritance together with some deep dark secrets. All very Dickensian, but just up my street
Watched the pilot last night. Pretty amazing start to this and Bill Syke's nastier brother is a very good description of Hardy's character.
I am very intrigued and look forward to see where this goes.

Finished Jessica Jones last night. And sad there is no more until series 2 in 2018! No no no no. I know that Defenders thing is coming next year but that's not enough.
try Luke Cage - its a spin off, and very good show.

The 100

The 100 is probably the best science fiction show on Network TV right now, and it stands in the ring with some of the cable network;s best offerings to date, with only Westworld being clearly better at the moment.
mmm.. I wouldnt agree its the anywhere near the best in terms in drama, etc., but I like it, when I can bear watching the overacted melodrama. I may be biased as well, being a minority and all but I do occasionally get annoyed that they killed off all black teens, and literally villianize all black men that appear.

I liked Jaha as the Chancellor - he was decent before he got weird. And why make him weird? Because they needed to make Kane relevant, and they already had a good, kind, decent leader. So villianize Jaha, and give that great savior daddy role to Kane.

I liked Pike. Was he tortured? Sure. But summarily kill him off? Why couldnt he be saved? Clarke murders the mountain. Saved/forgiven. Bellamy murders the grounders with Pike. Saved/forgiven. Grounders kill the sky people. Saved/forgiven. Lexa betrays and leaves the Sky people to die in the mountain. Saved/forgiven - she even gets the nookie for it???? John Murphy's character was thoroughly unlikeable and hateful in season 1. But John? Saveable/forgivable.

Pike murders grounders because they murder skycrew? Unforgivable. Monty's fights with Pike? Unforgivable. Jaha snaps and becomes drug dealer? They're going to kill him too.

I like the premise of the show, but this fake world is unreal.

And I have yet to see a black girl on the show as a major character.

And that pisses me off.

If you want sci-fi TV that has a more diverse cast and (I think) more accurately depicts "real life" scenarios - try these more indie shows.

Dark Matter (season 1 on Netflix), completed season 2; season 3 on the way.

a group of people wake up on a spacecraft with no idea who they are or why they are there. They wake up in sequence, and name themselves after numbers, in order of waking. Que, being hunted, not knowing why, and the race to figure out who, why, where, when and what.

And I do like Roger Cross -- in anything!

Killjoys

This one reminds me of something, but not sure what. Long story short, smart boy tries to steal assassin chicks ship, she catches him, they end up working together as bounty hunters "Killjoys" for years, taking level 4 and below contracts on her clearance, until Smart Boy takes a Level 5 contract (Kill Contract), out on ... none other than his missing brother. Why? To save him, you see. Que the race to save his life, stop a vast government consipracy, and find out why the assassin girl was shaped to kill. I spent a long time wondering whether this was a Bollywood offering - it has a LOT of caste system and what I can only imagine are eastern themed overlays. Even the names aren't spelled as you would normally pronounce them. Altogether interesting though!