Your Most Awaited Movies of 2017

Tools    

Hi, I'm new to this forum and was searching for a thread like this, but could't find one. Anyway, next year is close, so I want to ask you all:

What are your most awaited movies of 2017?

Mine are: Dunkirk, John Wick: Chaper 2, Alien: Covenant, War for the Planet of the Apes.

What I'd like to do is to make a list of Movie Forums most awaited films afterwards. You can all vote here, name as many films as you like, and when 2017 is finally here, I will simply count all the votes and name most awaited movies of 2017. Each of you can name as many films as you like and that will result in a one vote for every film.

I just thought that it's interesting way to look at it. To remind what's coming out next year, below I made the list of the most of the biggest Holywood films of 2017. Why I didn't made a poll, is because, maybe someone wants to mention a film, which I haven't included. So just, please, leave your vote as a simple post. Sorry for my massive post.

January:
Underworld: Blood Wars
Vampire death dealer, Selene (Kate Beckinsale) fights to end the eternal war between the Lycan clan and the Vampire faction that betrayed her. Will be released in US, in January.
Genre: Action

Patriots Day
An account of Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis's actions in the events leading up to the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing and the aftermath, which includes the city-wide manhunt to find the terrorists behind it.
Genre: Thriller, Drama

Live By Night
A story set in the Prohibition Era and centered around a group of individuals and their dealings in the world of organized crime.
Genre: Crime, Drama

Monster Trucks
Looking for any way to get away from the life and town he was born into, Tripp (Lucas Till), a high school senior, builds a Monster Truck from bits and pieces of scrapped cars.
Genre: Animation, Adventure

Sleepless
A cop with a connection to the criminal underworld scours a nightclub in search of his kidnapped son.
Genre: Crime, Action, Thriller

xXx 3: The Return of Xander Cage
Xander Cage is left for dead after an incident, though he secretly returns to action for a new, tough assignment with his handler Augustus Gibbons.
Genre: Action, Adventure

The Founder
The story of McDonald's founder Ray Kroc.
Genre: Drama, Biography

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter
Picking up immediately after the events in Resident Evil: Retribution, humanity is on its last legs in Washington D.C.
Genre: Action, Horror

Febraury:
Rings
A young woman finds herself on the receiving end of a terrifying curse that threatens to take her life in 7 days.
Genre: Horror

Same kind of Different as Me
International art dealer Ron Hall must befriend a dangerous homeless man in order to save his struggling marriage to his wife, a woman whose dreams will lead all three of them on the journey of their lives.
Genre: Drama

I Am Not Your Negro
Writer James Baldwin tells the story of race in modern America with his unfinished novel, Remember This House.
Genre: Documentary

The Lego Batman Movie
Bruce Wayne must not only deal with the criminals of Gotham City, but also the responsibility of raising a boy he adopted.
Genre: Animation, Action

John Wick: Chapter 2
The continuing adventures of former hitman, John Wick.
Genre: Action, Crime, Thriller

The Great Wall
A mystery centered around the construction of the Great Wall of China.
Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Fist Fight
When one school teacher (Charlie Day) gets the other (Ice Cube) fired, he is challenged to an after-school fight.
Genre: Comedy

March:
Logan
Set in the future, Logan and Professor Charles Xavier must cope with the loss of the X-Men when a corporation led by Nathaniel Essex is destroying the world leaving it to destruction, with Logan's healing abilities slowly fading away and Xavier's Alzheimer's forcing him to forget.
Genre: Action, Comic-Adaption

T2: Trainspotting
A continuation of the Trainspotting saga reuniting the original characters.
Genre: Drama

Kong: Skull Island
An action/adventure story centered on King Kong's origins.

Beauty and the Beast
An adaptation of the Disney fairy-tale about a monstrous prince and a young woman who fall in love.
Genre: Family, Fantasy, Musical

King Arthur: Legen of the Sword
Feature film version of the classic King Arthur story.
Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama

Power Rangers
A group of high-school kids, who are infused with unique superpowers, harness their abilities in order to save the world.
Genre: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi

The Zookeeper’s Wife
The Zookeeper's Wife tells the account of keepers of the Warsaw Zoo, Antonina and Jan Zabinski, who helped save hundreds of people and animals during the Nazi invasion.
Genre: Biography, Drama, History

Ghost in the Shell
A cyborg policewoman attempts to bring down a nefarious computer hacker.
Genre: Action, Drama, Sci-Fi

The Boss Baby
A suit-wearing briefcase-carrying baby pairs up with his seven-year old brother to stop the dastardly plot of the CEO of Puppy Co.
Genre: Animation, Comedy, Family

April:
Fast 8
The eight installment in The Fast and the Furious franchise. The plot is unknown at this time.
Genre: Action, Crime

Going in Style
Three retirees plan a bank heist.
Genre: Comedy, Crime

The Circle
A woman lands a job at a powerful tech company called the Circle, where she becomes involved with a mysterious man.
Genre: Drama, Sci-Fi, Thriller

May:
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
Set to the backdrop of Awesome Mixtape #2, 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' continues the team's adventures as they unravel the mystery of Peter Quill's true parentage.
Genre: Action, Sci-Fi, Comic-Adaption

Alien: Covenant
The crew of the colony ship Covenant discover what they think is an uncharted paradise, but it is actually a dark, dangerous world, whose sole inhabitant is the synthetic David, survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.
Genre: Action, Adventure, Horror

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul
reg convinces his family to take a road trip to attend his great grandmother's 90th birthday as a cover for what he really wants: to attend a nearby gamer convention.

Baywatch
Two unlikely prospective lifeguards vie for jobs alongside the buff bodies who patrol a beach in California.

Annabelle 2
Several years after the tragic death of their little girl, a dollmaker and his wife welcome a nun and several girls from a shuttered orphanage into their home, soon becoming the target of the dollmaker's possessed creation, Annabelle.
Genre: Horror, Mystery, Thriller

Life
An international space crew discovers life on Mars.
Genre: Sci-fi, Thriller

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
Captain Jack Sparrow searches for the trident of Poseidon.
Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy

June:
Wonder Woman
An Amazonian princess leaves her island home to explore the world and, in doing so, becomes one of the world's greatest heroes.
Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Comic-Adaption

The Mummy
An ancient queen is awakened from her crypt beneath the desert, bringing with her malevolence grown over millennia, and terrors that defy human comprehension.

Cars 3
Lightning McQueen sets out to prove to a new generation of racers that he's still the best race car in the world.

Transformers: The Last Knight
Optimus Prime finds his home planet, Cybertron, now a dead planet, which he comes to find he was responsible for killing. He finds a way to bring the planet back to life, but in order to do so he needs to find an artifact, and that artifact is on Earth.
Genre: Action, Sci-Fi

Despicable Me 3
Gru's long lost twin (Drew) will emerge and there will be a theme of sibling rivalry.

July:
Spider-Man: Homecoming
A young Peter Parker/Spider-Man begins to navigate his newfound identity as the web-slinging superhero.
Genre: Action, Adventure, Comic-Adaption

War for the Planet of the Apes
A nation of genetically evolved apes led by Caesar become embroiled in a battle with an army of humans.
Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
Time-traveling agent Valerian is sent to investigate a galactic empire, along with his partner Laureline.
Genre: Adventure, Sci-Fi

The Dark Tower
Gunslinger Roland Deschain roams an Old West-like landscape in search of the dark tower, in the hopes that reaching it will preserve his dying world.
Genre: Adventure, Fantasy, Horror

The Coldest City
An undercover MI6 agent is sent to Berlin during the Cold War to investigate the murder of a fellow agent and recover a missing list of double agents.
Genre: Thriller

Dunkirk
Allied soldiers from Belgium, the British Empire, Canada and France are surrounded by the German army and evacuated during a fierce battle in World War II.
Genre: Action, Drama, History

August:
The Hitman’s Bodyguard
The world's top bodyguard gets a new client, a hit man who must testify at the International Court of Justice. They must put their differences aside and work together to make it to the trial on time.
Genre: Action, Comedy

Villa Capri
A two-hander action comedy in the vein of Midnight Run about an ex-FBI agent (Jones) and an ex-mob lawyer in the witness protection program (Freeman) having to put aside their petty rivalry on the golf course to fend off a mob hit.
Genre: Action, Comedy

September:
IT
In a small town in Maine, seven children known as The Losers Club come face to face with life problems, bullies and a monster that takes the shape of a clown called Pennywise.
Genre: Drama, Horror, Thriller

The Lego Ninjago Movie
Six young ninjas tasked with defending their island home, called Ninjago. By night, they're gifted warriors, using their skills and awesome fleet of vehicles to fight villains and monsters. By day, they're ordinary teens struggling against their greatest enemy: high school.

American Made
A pilot lands work for the CIA and as a drug runner in the south during the 1980s.
Genre: Crime, Thriller

October:
Kingsman: The Golden Circle
When an attack on the Kingsman headquarters takes place and a new villain rises, Eggsy and Merlin are forced to work together with the American agency Statesman to save the world. Will be released in US in October, in Europe in June.
Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy

Blade Runner 2049
The plot is unknown.
Genre: Sci-Fi

The Commuter
A businessman is caught up in a criminal conspiracy during his daily commute home.
Genre: Action, Thriller

Friday the 13th
The return of the legendary mass murderer Jason Voorhees in the new Friday the 13th.
Genre: Horror

The Mountain Between Us
A pair survive a plane crash in the mountains where they are forced to trust each other and find safety while badly injured.
Genre: Drama, Romance

Insidious: Chapter 4
Plot unknown. The fourth installment of the 'Insidious' franchise.
Genre: Horror, Mystery

Saw: Legacy
Plot is unknown.
Genre: Horror, Thriller

November:
Thor: Ragnarok
The plot is unknown.

Red Sparrow
A sexy Russian spy falls for a CIA officer and considers becoming a double agent.
Genre: Thriller

Justice League
Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman's selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy.

Coco
Pixar’s Animated film. The Plot is unknown.
Genre: Animation, Adventure, Fantasy

Murder on the Orient Express
Renowned Belgian detective Hercule Poirot investigates the murder of a wealthy American traveling on the Orient Express, the most famous train in the world.
Genre: Crime, Drama, Mystery

Darkest Hour
Winston Churchill leads a charge against Adolf Hitler’s army in the early days of World War II.
Genre: Drama, History, War

December:
Star Wars: Episode VIII
Having taken her first steps into a larger world in The Force Awakens, Rey continues her epic journey with Finn, Poe and Luke Skywalker in the next chapter of the saga.
Genre: Star Wars

Jumanji
Explorers go looking for the humankind game that had ended up in a mystical jungle.
Genre: Adventure, Family, Fantasy

Downsizing
A social satire in which a guy realizes he would have a better life if he were to shrink himself.
Genre: Comedy, Drama

Pitch Perfect 3
The plot is unknown.

Ferdinand
A bull who would rather smell flowers than fight in bullfights is in the middle of the bull ring.
Genre: Animation, Adventure, Comedy

Exact release month yet unknown:
Annihilation
A biologist signs up for a dangerous, secret expedition where the laws of nature don't apply.
Genre: Sci-Fi, Thriller

You Were Never Really Here
A war veteran's attempt to save a young girl from a sex trafficking ring goes horribly wrong.
Genre: Drama, Mystery, Thriller

This might just do nobody any good.
1. Star Wars: Episode 8

I liked FA better than most. Could have been better but i trust Rian Johnson as a storyteller more than Abrams. All the potential in the world is there. Let's see if they can put it to good use.

2. Annihilation

Loved the book. Alex Garland has been a favorite of mine for years and after Ex Machina Im sold anything he gets involved with. Expect something like the horror version of Arrival.

3. Blade Runner 2049

The pairing of director and material here is perfect. Another amazing cast. This and Annihilation should fill my retrospective, thoughtful sci-fi quota.

4. Dunkirk

I'm kind of an unapologetic Nolan fan. It'll be interesting to see him take on something so concrete. I will say, however, that his style might be too cold for an emotional story like this.

5. You Were Never Really Here

Lynne Ramsay's track record is flawless. This sounds like her Taxi Driver and paired with one of the most intense actors ever I'm sure this will be special.

Others:
WARNING: spoilers below
The Kidnapping of Edgardo Mortara
Untitled Paul Thomas Anderson/Daniel Day-Lewis 50s Fashion Drama
Untitled Alfonso Cuarón Film
God Particle
Free Fire
Logan
Alien: Covenant
Downsizing
Stephen King's It

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Logan
Beauty and the Beast
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
Despicable Me 3
Blade Runner 2049
Star Wars: Episode VIII

Thanks for Your votes! I improved the list with movies Saunch mentioned in his Top5.

5. You Were Never Really Here

Lynne Ramsay's track record is flawless. This sounds like her Taxi Driver and paired with one of the most intense actors ever I'm sure this will be special.
This and the PTA/DDL fashion film you mentioned in your spoilers if it ends up being released in 2017 are my most anticipated of the ones i've heard of.

Please hold your applause till after the me.
10. Kingsman 2
9. War For The Planet of The Apes
8. John Wick 2
7. Dunkirk
6. Wonder Woman
5.Kong: Skull Island
4. Justic League (don't mess this up Snyder)
3. Spiderman: Homecoming
2. Blade Runner 2049
1. Star Wars Episode VIII

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Blade Runner 2049 (Slightly gutted Sean Young isn't coming back, I thought she was one of the best things about the original, along with Rutger Hauer, but they managed to get a brilliant cast anyway)

Wonder Woman (The masochist in me wants to see what hot mess they'll come up with this time. Although I'm praying that this will actually end up being somewhat decent!)

Suspiria remake (lol no, I ain't high)

My most awaited films that are listed as 2017 on IMDb so far:

Yeh Din Ka Kissa/The Meyerowitz Stories (official title still needs to be given) ~ Came to like Noah Baumbach a lot this past year, so I'm looking forward to this one.

The Kidnapping of Edgardo Mortara ~ Spielberg

The Trap ~ Harmony Korine

Last Flag Flying ~ A spiritual sequel to The Last Detail directed by Richard Linklater? YES!

D'après une histoire vraie ~ Polanski!!!

Lights Out ~ De Palma!!!

Star Wars: Episode VIII ~Liked VII a lot. Hope this is of the same quality.

Logan Lucky ~ A Soderbergh heist comedy? YES!

The Beguiled ~ Might be an actually interesting remake by Sofia Coppola.

Weightless ~ Terrence Malick

Baby Driver ~ Edgar Wright!!!

T2 Trainspotting ~ Loved the original, looks good.

Blade Runner 2049 ~ The original is one of my favorite films of all time. Villeneuve might be capable enough to make a decent sequel.

There's probably a lot of stuff that I'm missing, but these seem to be the most interesting titles on my 2017 watchlist that I'm aware of so far.

Last Flag Flying ~ A spiritual sequel to The Last Detail directed by Richard Linklater? YES!
Oh man hadn't even heard of this. Linklater is one of my favourite directors and The Last Detail is great. Can't wait for this.

Oh, sorry to bum you out man but I think Korine's The Trap got scrapped. Korine is working on something new just not that.

Wait just a damn minute. They're calling this thing T2? James Cameron should sue them for that crap.
James Cameron doesn't own or didn't invent the term "T2". While he's at it he should sue whoever made this - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T2_(2009_film)

Wait a minute here guys - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-2_mycotoxin

Can't believe they had the nerve to call that T2 decades before T2: Judgement Day existed.

This is topical:

http://theplaylist.net/100-anticipat...05/#cb-content

Some of these sound great.

Rock That Body
The Death of Stalin (Iannucci!)
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
War Machine
Vox Lux
Where Life is Born
Mudbound
The Old Man and the Gun (Lowery!)
Suburbicon (written by the Coens)
The Snowman
Wonderstruck (Haynes!)
and a new Kathryn Bigelow film!

Welcome to the human race...
Wait just a damn minute. They're calling this thing T2? James Cameron should sue them for that crap.
About as much as the Avatar: The Last Airbender creators should sue him for how he titled his Smurfs movie.

“I was cured, all right!”
In no particular order:

Headshot*
Asura: The City of Madness*
Ip Man 4
S.P.L 3: War Needs Lord
Okja (new Joon-ho Bong movie)
Special Citzen (Min-sik Choi \o/ )
The Age of Shadows*
Dunkirk
John Wick Chapter 2
Live by Night
Manhunt (New John Woo movie)
Ghost in the Shell

*it was release this year but not in my country!

This is all

Thanks, Saunch, for the link to theplaylist, that's definitive list. If I could, I'd update the main post with it.
And thank you all, guys, for answers. Keep em coming.