DVR Hoarder

Tools    

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I currently have the last ep. of Game of Thrones, all of Halt and Catch Fire, and all of the Leftovers. In the movie dept I am currently stashing Falling Down and American Beauty. All content that I should be moved to watch and delete, but for some reason I don't.

There has to be some deep rooted psychological reason for this behavior, especially when most of it is available on demand. I often tend my DVR like a garden, weeding out things instead of watching them.

Are there any other tv disorders out there that I am unaware of? Do you yourself suffer from DVR Hoarding?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I watch most TV shows within a day or two of the air date, but I always have a bunch of movies on my DVR. Some of them are even movies that I have on DVD, but I DVR them because I see them on the TV schedule so I want to watch them, and I'm too lazy to get up and put the DVD into the player.

I try to hoard too much but my DVR just deletes stuff on its own. I tried to watch True Blood from start to finish but the damn thing started deleting it before I could watch it all! Stupid DVR trying to break itself free from this obsession! This aggression will not stand.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I try to hoard too much but my DVR just deletes stuff on its own. I tried to watch True Blood from start to finish but the damn thing started deleting it before I could watch it all! Stupid DVR trying to break itself free from this obsession! This aggression will not stand.

Check your DVR's settings. My DVR automatically deletes TV shows after 7 episodes, or other stuff when the DVR thinks it's too full, but I can change the settings to force it to save stuff until I tell the DVR to delete it.

My DVR has a bunch of stuff, but has a limit.

I tend to clear it out after a while though by going over how much I watch the film I've recorded.

I only ever record films too.

My DVR has a bunch of stuff, but has a limit.

I tend to clear it out after a while though by going over how much I watch the film I've recorded.

I only ever record films too.
I'm surprised my cable provider doesn't offer this option...

"Hey there. Is your DVR full of things you should have already watched, but can't bring yourself to delete. Well, for an extra $10 a month, you can double your capacity to record media that you will never watch."

I'm terrible with this stuff. I had nearly all of Mad Men season 5 recorded when season 6 started. And I love Mad Men. Only this weekend I finished the last two episodes of Boardwalk Empire season 4, though I did struggle with Season 4, but still, it's taken forever. I've a few more episodes of stuff there, too, but I've cleared most of it.

I do have a good number of films to get through, though: The House I Live In, The Woman In The Fifth, House Of Tolerance, Calvaire, We Are What We Are, The Skin I Live In, The Act Of Killing, Ikiru, Black Snake Moan, Lone Star, Mistaken For Strangers and Punch-Drunk Love. I'm recording Animal Kingdom atm.

I'm terrible with this stuff. I had nearly all of Mad Men season 5 recorded when season 6 started. And I love Mad Men.

I imagine I will probably watch the last episode of Thrones, Saturday night before the new season starts.