The Sci-Fi Slob's Top 100 Horror Movies

→ in
Tools    

John Carpenters Vampires (1998)

Such an underrated vampire film, certainly one of the best of the 90's. It's a mix of vampire horror and action. James Woods plays a bad ass vampire hunter, who lead his team across the countryside clearing out nests and burning the filthy bloodsuckers. Lots of blood, guts ,priests and one-liners.

Wolf Creek (2005)

Dark thriller about a hilarious killer, Mick Taylor, an outback tracker and general nutcase, who hunts down tourists, chops them up, and steals their possessions. One of the best horrors of the noughties, and one of the funniest killers of all-time.

I didn't see ''Vampires'' but ''Wolf Creek'' is awesome ! good choice

Love John Carpenter's Vampires. Terrific film. Great fun.

I'm about the only person who likes horror but doesn't like Wolf Creek, though.

this gonna be good, pumped

wicked graphic Slob ↓↓↓

I'm about the only person who likes horror but doesn't like Wolf Creek, though.
I didn't care for it either. At least not at the time.

Haven't seen Vampires, but I dig John Carpenter so I put it high on my watchlist.

I do like Wolf Creek.

I didn't care for it either. At least not at the time.
I'm prepared to think that I might've had too high expectations, given its reputation on the horror film festival circuit when it was released, but I was unimpressed.

I'm prepared to think that I might've had too high expectations, given its reputation on the horror film festival circuit when it was released, but I was unimpressed.
Horror sucks now. The golden age is over. It may come back again some day, but I don't care for what they do now. Everyone is just trying to convince themselves that all the crappy remakes were actually pretty good films. They need to wake up.

The best thing we really had in the past 10 years was the Saw series and people who like all of these stupid non-films like Wolf Creek like to diss Saw. I can sort of understand people who actually don't like it, but I feel like that was the best we had.

The Maniac remake is good. It's my favorite remake during the remake age of horror.
I haven't seen that. I doubted it would be good.

I thought the DVD case in the picture said Slob, until I looked closer and realized it was Blob.

The Maniac remake was good but I hated the Elm St., Evil Dead, Last House on the Left, and The Thing remakes. Halloween and Fright Night were alright.

And actually The Hills Have Eyes remake was awesome and I Spit on Your Grave was decent. Dawn of the Dead was great too. Wow, I didn't realize there were so many.

Unregistered User
Not a fan of Vampires but Wolf Creek is fantastic. The first time i watched it i was actually travelling in Australia at the time.

Looking forward to the list Slob.