https://deadline.com/2020/05/george-...on-1202935015/

"MGM has landed another major project, acquiring North American rights to the George Miller-directed Three Thousand Years of Longing, starring Idris Elba and Tilda Swinton. Miller wrote the script and is producing with Doug Mitchell.

Said Miller: “This film has been simmering in the back of my mind for some time. If we can pull it off, I believe we have the makings of something unusually tasty.

The movie is expected to shoot in Australia, London and Istanbul. The film will be released in the U.S. via MGM’s joint distribution/marketing entity United Artists Releasing.

Miller expected to start production in March on the movie, before the pandemic scrapped every Hollywood production. CAA Media Finance handled North American and Chinese distribution rights, this after FilmNation sold out to the walls on international territories back at 2018 AFM.

Miller has been circumspect on the plot of the film that will be his follow-up to the Best Picture Oscar nominee Mad Max: Fury Road.

One thing I can tell you; it’s not [another Fury Road],” he said. “It’s a movie that is very strongly visual, but it’s almost the opposite of Fury Road. It’s almost all interior and there’s a lot of conversation in it. There are action scenes, but they are by the by and I guess you could say it’s the anti-Mad Max."