My Most Hated Television Characters List

Tools    

Peter Florrick, The Good Wife

Peter Florrick was a slimy piece of crap wrapped up in an incredibly attractive package oozing oily charm. Florrick was a former state's attorney with a beautiful wife (Julianna Margulies) and two kids who destroyed his career when it came to light that he was having sex with prostitutes on a regular basis. He went to jail, leaving his family just this side of penniless, forcing his wife to dust off her law degree and get back in the courtroom. Upon release from jail, Peter attempted to reconcile with his wife, but eventually revealed that he still was unable to keep his fly zipped, even having an affair with his wife's best friend (Archie Penjabi).

Mia, Two and a Half Men

Emmanuelle Vaugier played this character who started out likable but that changed pretty quickly. Mia was a dancer who met Charlie Harper (Charlie Sheen) at a coffee shop and wanted nothing to do with him. The only way Charlie could get Mia's attention was to pay his nephew, Jake (Angus T. Jones) $250 to take Mia's ballet class. Mia eventually softened and began dating Charlie but refused to have sex with him because he would not commit to her fully. Charlie got so "backed up" that he actually asked Mia if they could be in a relationship but he seek sex elsewhere. They reconciled but Mia then tried to change Charlie into something he wasn't. She broke up with him again but they eventually reconciled again and Mia agreed to marry Charlie. Right before the wedding in Vegas, Mia asked Charlie when his brother, Alan (Jon Cryer) was going to move out of the house which was a perfect excuse for him not to go through with the wedding. Mia resurfaced two more times after their breakup...once to ask Charlie to donate sperm so she could have a baby and once for his assistance with her newfound singing career, even though she couldn't sing.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Mia, Two and a Half Men

Emmanuelle Vaugier played this character who started out likable but that changed pretty quickly. Mia was a dancer who met Charlie Harper (Charlie Sheen) at a coffee shop and wanted nothing to do with him. The only way Charlie could get Mia's attention was to pay his nephew, Jake (Angus T. Jones) $250 to take Mia's ballet class. Mia eventually softened and began dating Charlie but refused to have sex with him because he would not commit to her fully. Charlie got so "backed up" that he actually asked Mia if they could be in a relationship but he seek sex elsewhere. They reconciled but Mia then tried to change Charlie into something he wasn't. She broke up with him again but they eventually reconciled again and Mia agreed to marry Charlie. Right before the wedding in Vegas, Mia asked Charlie when his brother, Alan (Jon Cryer) was going to move out of the house which was a perfect excuse for him not to go through with the wedding. Mia resurfaced two more times after their breakup...once to ask Charlie to donate sperm so she could have a baby and once for his assistance with her newfound singing career, even though she couldn't sing.

I also didn't like Mia, but she wasn't the worst person on the show. Alan's ex-wife Judith was even worse. (BTW, if I remember correctly, Mia was also in the final episode of the show, when they brought back several of Charlie's ex-girlfriends.)

I also didn't like Mia, but she wasn't the worst person on the show. Alan's ex-wife Judith was even worse. (BTW, if I remember correctly, Mia was also in the final episode of the show, when they brought back several of Charlie's ex-girlfriends.)

Oh, believe me, Judith is going to be on this list, it's still a little too early for her though.

Barbara Kean, Gotham

Barbara was the power-hungry villainness who started out as a love interest for detective Jim Gordon (Ben Mackenzie) but eventually became more interested in running Gotham City and coming between Jim and new love Lee Thompkins (Morena Baccarin).

Vern Schillinger, Oz

Oscar winner JK Simmons put himself on the map playing one of television's most despicable characters. Schillinger was the head of the white supremacist prisoners in Emerald City, who loved to proclaim himself a hetereosexual, even though he raped just about every attractive young man who came into the facility, most notably Tobias Beecher (Lee Tergesen). This guy was pure slime.

Paul Young, Desperate Housewives

Actor Mark Moses brought this often bone-chilling character to life. Paul was the dangerously psychotic husband of Mary Alice Young (Brenda Strong) whose suicide triggered the entire series. He was eventually cleared of suspicions that he may have murdered Mary Alice and then made life a living hell for his adopted son, Zach (Kody Kasch), who it was later revealed to be the biological son of Mike Delfino (James Denton). Paul was one of television's most dangerous and unpredictable characters. Every move he made had the hair on the back of neck standing up.

Rowan Pope, Scandal

Actor Joe Morton brought one of television's creepiest and most mysterious characters to the small screen. Rowan is the father of DC "Fixer" Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington) who also secretly runs the well-connected organization that seems to be in complete control of the nation's capital, making his daughter's life a living hell. This character's agenda seemed to change from each appearance he made on the show and it was impossible to determine if anything that came out of his mouth was the truth, with the possible exception of the love for his daughter, but even that came into question from time to time.

Beverly Harris, Roseanne

I guess she was a popular character on what was a hugely popular sitcom but I despised this woman. Beverly (Oscar winner Estelle Parsons) was the bitter, very outspoken and tightly wound mother of Roseanne and her sister, Jackie (Laurie Metcalf). Roseanne and Jackie couldn't stand their mother and Roseanne believed that Beverly drove their father into an affair with another woman that lasted for 20 years. Beverly was extremely critical of her daughters. She had no qualms telling Jackie that she was wasting her life and would never find a man. She also had no problem pointing out all the mistakes she felt Dan and Roseanne made regarding raising their children. After Becky (Lecy Goranson) ran off and eloped with Mark (the late Glenn Quinn), Beverly informed Dan and Roseanne that it was because Dan and Roseanne were neglecting Becky. She bought a birthday present for DJ that Dan had already bought and gave Becky her car even though Dan and Becky had already brokered a deal about getting her a car. Sympathy was attempted when the very dysfunctional relationship between Beverly and her mother, Mary (the late Shelley Winters) was introduced, but by that time, the sympathy boat had sailed. I hated this character and am still wondering if she's too low on this list.

Aleksander Petrovsky, Sex and the City

Dance icon Mikhail Baryshnikov had his first recurring television role on the HBO series as a temperamental, sexist artist who romances Carrie (Sarah Jessica Parker), convinces her to move to Paris with him when his work takes him there, and upon her arrival there, pretty much just ignores the woman. This guy was such an ass but the only one who could see it was Miranda (Cynthia Nixon) who, after one conversation with Carrie over the phone from Paris, went to Carrie's on again off again ex, Big (Chris Noth) and begged him to go to Paris and "bring our girl home."

Violet Plunkett, Mom

Violet (Sadie Calvano) is the outspoken and smart-mouthed daughter of reformed alcoholic and drug addict Christy (Anna Faris), who is unable to forgive her mother for the neglect she felt during mom's partying days. Even when Violet became pregnant before graduating high school, she refused to acknowledge any support offered by her mother but treated her grandmother (Allison Janney) like her BFF. I hated the way Violet refused to ever give Christy a break and move on from the past. Years after giving up her baby for adoption and leaving home, Violet started a podcast completely devoted to Christy and how Christy ruined her life,

That character was so terrible to her mom on that show. And Barbara from Gotham needed tossed in the harbor with cement boots.

Account terminated on request
23. Aleksander Petrovsky, Sex and the City
Totally agree. @#$%ing annoying as hell....
They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.

You really watch some many bad Television I have to say .

Aleksander, Alice and Rowan are all fantastic choices. All wonderful examples of characters you're supposed to hate but are played and written so well that they're almost too good/bad and, almost, end up making me hate a show I loved.

I still don't think I've watched all of season 6 of SaTC since it aired.

Val Bassett, Will and Grace

Molly Shannon re-defined annoying playing this total basket case.of a character. Val initially appeared as a lonely woman who moves into Will and Grace's building but turns out to be a total psychopath. She stole a music box from Grace's apartment and pretended she didn't know what was going on when Grace found the music box in Val's apartment, which resulted in a physical altercation with Grace where she practically pulled all of Grace's hair out. On another episode, she became obsessed with Jack after seeing his one man show "Just Jack". A couple of days later, Jack (Sean Hayes) woke up and found Val in his bed, wearing what she claimed was a vial of Jack's bathwater around her neck. With each appearance on the show, the character came off more stupid and unbelievable and they kept bringing her back. She even recently appeared on the show's reboot and was just as ridiculous as ever.

Larry, Three's Company

Richard Kline played the moronic, constantly scheming best friend of Jack Tripper (the late John Ritter) who thought he was God's gift to women. I wasn't so much annoyed at his sexist treatment of women on the show, but more with the fact that when Jack really really needed him, he was never there.

Jill Bennett, Knots Landing

Brilliantly portrayed by Teri Austin, this character went through one of the most frightening descents into pure madness that I have ever seen from a television character. She first arrived on the cul-de-sac as the sweet- natured assistant to attorney Mac Mackenzie (Kevin Dobson). She began to show her true colors after the death of her brother, Peter Hollister (Hunt Block). She soon began an affair with Gary Ewing (Ted Shackleford) becoming totally obsessed with him even though he still had feelings for his ex-wife, Valene (Joan Van Ark). During a memorable season finale, Jill snuck into Val's house, forced her to take sleeping pills and write a fake suicide note. Even after Gary saved Val, Jill sought her final revenge by executing an elaborate suicide that made it look like Gary murdered her. This character sent chills down my spine.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Larry, Three's Company

Richard Kline played the moronic, constantly scheming best friend of Jack Tripper (the late John Ritter) who thought he was God's gift to women. I wasn't so much annoyed at his sexist treatment of women on the show, but more with the fact that when Jack really really needed him, he was never there.

Even though he was self-centered sometimes, there was still something likeable about Larry.