What is wrong with jake gyllenhal

Tools    

it looks like you seem to want a resolution to each thread..which isnt reality..its not math..
But this is precisely what I'm arguing against, my friend. The idea that you can boil these things down to box office or present them as obvious facts, at least initially.

my threads tend to be controversial and thats okay..all threads need not be about topics that everyone agrees about...
Agreed! But the controversy has very little to do with the topics themselves. It's about the method of arguing about them.

Saying Jake Gyllenhaal has not really been a traditional movie star is not controversial at all. Saying this means there's something wrong with him or assuming he wants to be or criticizing his nose, of all things, for it, are different things entirely.

But this is precisely what I'm arguing against, my friend. The idea that you can boil these things down to box office or present them as obvious facts, at least initially.

Agreed! But the controversy has very little to do with the topics themselves. It's about the method of arguing about them.

Saying Jake Gyllenhaal has not really been a traditional movie star is not controversial at all. Saying this means there's something wrong with him or assuming he wants to be or criticizing his nose, of all things, for it, are different things entirely.
then what acting range does a movie based on video game character produced by jerry bruckheimer has in it ? if he took a role like that he is trying to be a box office star.
I am not pull this movie out of my behind..its in his filmography..same thing with the day after tomorrow. He even auditioned for batman. All those are movie star roles.

There are lots of possible explanations. Maybe he feels he should because a lot of people wish they merely had the chance. Maybe he does it because it gives him the latitude to make the smaller films he prefers to make (this is actually an old joke in Hollywood, "one for them and one for me"). Maybe this is stuff he did before and has a lot less interest in now. Who knows? We sure don't.

The truth is in here
Why does every actor need to be a "star"? For the life of me, I can't understand this. And what is your criteria for being a star? I would definitely call Clint Eastwood one, at least in the old-fashioned sense. But you didn't seem to agree with that.

Personally, I think star vehicles can be boring sometimes. I'm not as interested in seeing Tom Cruise as an action star, I think what he really excels at are serious dramatic roles like in Eyes Wide Shut, Interview With A Vampire and Minority Report, or his more comical parts (Risky Business, Tropic Thunder).

Your idea of screen presence seems to be looking anatomically "correct", which to me is not the least bit important. I like seeing faces which separate themselves from each other, not something you would find in stock photos.

Your idea of screen presence seems to be looking anatomically "correct", which to me is not the least bit important. I like seeing faces which separate themselves from each other, not something you would find in stock photos.
I agree and second this....

Jake Gyllenhaal

Stock photo

I definitely know which one I'd rather see in a movie.

Why does every actor need to be a "star"? For the life of me, I can't understand this. And what is your criteria for being a star? I would definitely call Clint Eastwood one, at least in the old-fashioned sense. But you didn't seem to agree with that.

Personally, I think star vehicles can be boring sometimes. I'm not as interested in seeing Tom Cruise as an action star, I think what he really excels at are serious dramatic roles like in Eyes Wide Shut, Interview With A Vampire and Minority Report, or his more comical parts (Risky Business, Tropic Thunder).

Being a star is what's unique about show business..you can be a character actor the same way you can be a great businessman or a great computer programmer. But being a star is something like a "god's touch"..something that cannot be replicated or created by hard work or talent...its that extra spice god gives....its that extra magic that makes millions of people to think about a person and feel that instant connection.

Stars are what differentiate hollywood from other industries. Other industries have your bill gates,zuckerbergs etc.all highly talented skilled people..but they can't create that instant desire to follow a person with the journey...you don't teach how to be charismatic like george clooney/brad pitt or how to be intense like dicaprio(any sane human being would have a heart attack if they replicated the number of times dicaprio freaks out in his movies) or how to have screen presence like ddl or bale.

If you want films to be like going to a restaurant and eating food then thats okay but the reason its dominating culture like it is because of the extra magic it possess.Jake gyllenhal is a good character actor and thats all.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

If you want films to be like going to a restaurant and eating food then thats okay but the reason its dominating culture like it is because of the extra magic it possess.Jake gyllenhal is a good character actor, and thats all, folks. dibbidi dibbidi.
that looks a bit better. thank me later, aron.

are you back to talking to me today, aron? That'snice. I like you, matey. You have good energy levels .

*skips off singing

Oh take it easy bro, ma bro,
these are things that go together goodly,
go together so goodly.

goodly english rose
yourr candle burnt out long before

I love you, man. avagoodweekend.

*cries I'm so happy. So happy I cant remember the lyrics through the tiny lil sobs of my still beating heart

so tell me more about your feelings for Jake

Don’t Draft Me, I Watch Anime!
I literally just got done watching Zodiac and I’ll 100% vouch that Gyllenhaal’s talent Is almost unparalleled. He’s great at playing off other actors and developing idiosyncrasies for each character.

it looks like you seem to want a resolution to each thread..which isnt reality..its not math..its will always be a bunch of ideas with varying opinions and points of view...this isn't as pandering to everyone and as harmless as some of the other threads here like "name the movie you watched last night"...my threads tend to be controversial and thats okay..all threads need not be about topics that everyone agrees about..."Weinstein is a pig" is a universally agreed upon fact..no point in discussing it except to jump on the hate bandwagon...whats more interesting is "why did he behave like a pig"
Pigs are gorgeous, intelligent animals so I will ask you kindly not to use 'pig' and wein-dragging knuckles on the ground- stein inthe same thread. thank you in advance for being respectfulfor once, Mr Snippy.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
John Madden (Proof)
this director is a joke..he made chiago and captain corellis mandarin..so its a coin toss with him.
I need to find a window to throw your credibility out of.

Anyone think this is an AC alt?

Suspect's Reviews

I need to find a window to throw your credibility out of.

Anyone think this is an AC alt?
chicago - good
captain coreelis mandarin - bad..thats the toss up i am talking about..may be if you take your head out of your behind you would think before you type

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
chicago - good
captain coreelis mandarin - bad..thats the toss up i am talking about..may be if you take your head out of your behind you would think before you type
Right....and I'm talking about the fact that John Madden never directed Chicago.

He also never wrote Chicago, starred in Chicago, did the cinematography or score for Chicago, he didn't write the lyrics for Chicago....hell, I don't even know if he's even SEEN Chicago.