Best Performances "Against Type"

Tools    

I made a similar threrad to this in the Actors section of the forum a few weeks ago.
Christopher Reeve in 'Bump in the night' where he plays a very creepy child molester.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I made a similar threrad to this in the Actors section of the forum a few weeks ago.
Christopher Reeve in 'Bump in the night' where he plays a very creepy child molester.
Wow, that does seem unimaginable.

Was it a good movie, though?

Wow, that does seem unimaginable.

Was it a good movie, though?
I thought it was a good movie, it was a made for TV film in the early 90's. Reeve's was really good in it.
I think people forget how good he was as a serious role actor after seeing him as Superman.
He was in another great TV film shortly before his accident called 'Above Suspicion'.
That is also worth watching and is one of my favourite films from the 1990's.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Did Jimmy Stewart ever play "the bad guy"?

I think his good guy image sometimes would backfire. For example, in "The Flight of the Phoenix", you know he's going to do the right thing, so that "squabble" with the German scientist wasn't believable.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Jim Carrey in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004).

Disagree with this one! Best Carrey movies are dramas...

I agree that some of Jim Carrey's best movies are dramas, but he is primarily known as a comedic actor, so Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind would be an "against type" performance.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Did Jimmy Stewart ever play "the bad guy"?

I think his good guy image sometimes would backfire. For example, in "The Flight of the Phoenix", you know he's going to do the right thing, so that "squabble" with the German scientist wasn't believable.

WARNING: "Jimmy Stewart as "the bad guy" SPOILER!!!" spoilers below
Yes, Jimmy Stewart was the murderer in After the Thin Man (1936)