Favorite very long movies?

Tools    

What are some long movies you enjoy so much that they seem to go by quickly despite their length?

I'd say Magnolia, for me. I think it just feels so jammed with energy and great moments that I stay engrossed throughout.
West Side Story (roughly 3 hours, including the Intermission)

Lawrence of Arabia (over 3 hours long, including the Intermission)

Both of these movies, to me, are great classic films with tons of energy, color, exuberance, and various other emotions mixed in, if one gets the drift.

West Side Story (roughly 3 hours, including the Intermission)
Have you ever actually seen West Side Story? You probably have as you rank it as your favorite movie, but then it's very strange that you don't know that it's only 2 hours and a half long and that it doesn't have an intermission...

Have you ever actually seen West Side Story? You probably have as you rank it as your favorite movie, but then it's very strange that you don't know that it's only 2 hours and a half long and that it doesn't have an intermission...
Actually, Cobpyth, I have seen West Side Story more times than I can count at this point, both with and without the Intermission. I know for a fact that when West Side Story first had its day(s) in the sun, that it did originally have an intermission.

Actually, Cobpyth, I have seen West Side Story more times than I can count at this point, both with and without the Intermission. I know for a fact that when West Side Story first had its day(s) in the sun, that it did originally have an intermission.
Really? I read somewhere that the idea of an intermission was scrapped and that it never had one. Still, it never reaches a length of three hours.

Really? I read somewhere that the idea of an intermission was scrapped and that it never had one.
Actually, Cobpyth, the Intermission in West Side Story was revived. The more recent screenings of West Side Story that I've attended actually have had the intermission.

Actually, Cobpyth, the Intermission in West Side Story was revived. The more recent screenings of West Side Story that I've attended actually have had the intermission.
How can it ever be revived if there never was one in the first place, WSSlover?

1) The Stand (Stephen King)
2) King Kong
3) titanic
Although I'm not crazy about the amount of remakes being pushed out in recent years, King Kong is definitely one of the best.

I liked the old, original 1933 sepia-and-white version of King Kong. I saw Dino DiLaurentis's re-make of King Kong back in the mid-1970's, which I didn't like at all.

It depends on which DVD version of West Side Story one owns. There's probably one DVD of West Side Story that's without the Intermission. On the Special Collector's Edition of the West Side Story DVD, however, does have the option of playing the Intermission.

I also might add, that, in the more recent screenings of the film West Side Story that I've seen in movie theatres, the Intermission has been put back in.

Regarding favorite very long movies: I forgot to include another favorite very long movie of mine: Dr. Zhivago. I think that one, too, has an intermission.

Let the night air cool you off
The Human Condition trilogy is something like 9 hours in total. I don't feel like taking the time to click my mouse a couple times to check, so if I am wrong you will have to forgive me. It's a great set of movies and is criminally underseen around these parts.

My favorite long movie is without a doubt The Good The Bad and The Ugly, it's my second favorite film of all time and it's just a pleasure to watch and rewatch that film, there is a sentiment of pure joy and excitment when I watch the combination of Moricone's score with Wallach, Eastwood and Van Cleef's badass attitude.

@Cobpyth what do you think of that review by Siskel and Ebert? (personally I kind of agree) (it starts at 4 min 35)

@Cobpyth what do you think of that review by Siskel and Ebert? (personally I kind of agree) (it starts at 4 min 35)
Well, who doesn't agree? Of course you have to see the long version!