Interesting Obscure/Forgotten Films

Tools    

Knockin' On Heavens Door (1997) - funny small little crime film about two guys who just realize that they have incurable diseases.It's a German movie starring Til Schweiger before he became famous with Inglorious Basterds.#10 on my 90s list.
Trailer -

Maria,Full Of Grace (2004) - this is more serious drama about young girl and her involvement in the drug exporting business.It probably won't be the best film ever but it should meet your expectations.Just one of those crime films which didn't get famous but are still very interesting.Trailer:

OSS 117: Le Caire, nid d'espions (2006) - funny and stylish French spy film.Features the same couple which was in the award winning film The Artist but I liked OSS 117 much more.It's one of my favorite movies.Trailer -

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The last two are pretty popular around here. Maria Full of Grace even got a Best Actress Oscar nomination.

I think it is Cannibal. It's worth watching.
Are you sure its called Cannibal? The plot you describe reminds me very much of a film called Grimm Love.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448400/?ref_=sr_1

Everybody knows Brick. And it's overrated. If you want a good JGL, try Hesher instead.

Let's dig a lot deeper, people. Don't spam the thread with your pet movie that's already been talked about and hyped to death. I don't want that favorite brilliant underrated typical crap. Don't go with your top pick "I love this well-known little movie too, aren't I hip" first choice.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Begotten is a bit infamous, I thought, but yeah, that's more like it. It's on youtube, fyi.

Gonna have to check out Death King.

A few more:

The Embryo Hunts in Secret (1966) by Kōji Wakamatsu

Japanese exploitation movie from 1966... very

The Boxer's Omen (1983) by Kuei Chih-Hungnot

One of the most ****ed up films ive seen.

Thundercrack! (1975) by Curt McDowell

Even though this is kind of a classic movie it does not seem to get any mentions on the forum.

Tree of Knowledge (1981) by Niels Malmros

Danish coming of age drama about problems during puberty. Highly recommended.

Threads (1984) by Mick Jackson

Good Post-apocalyptic movie..

The Thing with Two Heads (1972) by Lee Frost

Funny as hell!

Only saw it once, back in the 80's, but I remember it as quite a funny, gentle little family film.

It's not an obscure film, but I think it counts as forgotten, as I seem to be the only person who ever mentions it. A superbly shot and acted film and, probably, my favourite Stephen King adaptation.

Another forgotten 90's gem. Well, I think so, anyway.

And another film I usually mention in threads like this. A dark comedy that I really enjoy.

I hesitate putting this on here as I'm not quite sure it qualifies as either obscure or forgotten, but it's not often mentioned and it's certainly worth your time.

More overlooked than obscure or forgotten, I think, but when it comes to Polanski's work they both seem forgotten.
ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN1mG6GtEjo

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

I saw Crazy Jones last month. Before that, I'd never even heard of it. Joe Aaron starred, directed and wrote this offbeat but sweet tale of a man who lives at home with his mother. He has Tourette's Syndrome and is considering suicide since he's about to turn 40 and that's the age his father killed himself. There's a lot more but the most important thing is that he meets a 12-year-old girl and they become very close.

I think it's a crowd-pleaser but nobody has seen it. Full of laugh-out loud moments as well as simple truths, if I had to say what it reminds me of, it's Harold and Maude, but it does go its own way, and rest assured, it doesn't really get into taboo areas but may skirt a few.

The last two are pretty popular around here. Maria Full of Grace even got a Best Actress Oscar nomination.
Didn't know that the actress was nominated but I've never heard the first two mentioned here.However,watched OSS 117 because someone recommended it on this forums but I never heard it mentioned again.Also,I based the popularity level of films on how many votes they have in IMDB. All have less than 25,000.

Remembered one Russian film which used to watch repeatedly because I had it at home: The Hunt for Piranha It's about two special agents(guy and a girl) who go to the taiga to shut down a lab but get captured and then released to the wild only to be hunted like animals by the brutal drug lord.The villain is pretty awesome and the film itself has this Hollywood-ish silliness.I guess only action film fans might like it.This is some kind of a trailer but it's quite spoily -

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0477349/