Most Disturbing Movies you've ever seen

Tools    

What are some of the most disturbing films you've ever seen? They don't have to be horror or gory, just something that touched a nerve and bothered you. Add some commentary about why the movie gets to you too, if you want...

Some of mine:

Blue Velvet -

Dennis Hopper's infantile pervert, the creepy sexuality, the general off-kilter tone

Boys Don't Cry -

The rape and the cold remorseless attitude of the rapists, the brutality of the ending, the indifference of the mother

Cannibal Holocaust -

Sadistic and grotesque, very realistic extreme violence, the part where one character is amused and excited by a dead woman

Eaten Alive -

The atmosphere of madness and cruelty, the gleefulness of the violence, how some of the more "normal" characters are portrayed as just as sick and twisted in their own way as the killer, the attempted child murder

Eraserhead -

The deformed baby, the feeling of being caught in a nightmare, the radiator woman singing, the bleakness of it all

Gummo -

The tone of hopelessness and despair and meaninglessness, the bunny boy, the cat hunters, the scene with the retarded prostitute

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer -

The emptiness of Henry himself, his crazy friend and co-killer, the family murder, the matter of fact way everything is presented, the use of sound instead of explicit gore to get across the horror of the killings, the final murder

Julien Donkey-Boy -

The degraded life of Julien, his pitiful family, his crazy father, the sadness of it all, the way the film so effectively gives you an ugly feeling of what schizophrenia must really be like (not cleaned-up big hollywood BS like Beautiful Mind)

Nekromantik 2 -

It's just sick, and the ending is horrifying, one of the most twisted movies ever

Pink Flamingos -

Awful, grotesque, yet the worst part is how darkly funny it all is, the bizarre egg woman in her crib, the chicken scene, the dogshit scene, the unbridled nastiness of it all

Schindler's List -

The stark portrayal of evil on a grand scale, the heart-wrenching deaths of innocent people, the mind-numbing sadism of Ralph Fiennes' character

The Woodsman -

The way it leads you to empathize with a sexual predator, the mixed feelings of pity, anger, disgust at Bacon's riveting performance as a pathetic man with sick desires
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Schindler's List -

I watched the movie before I took a trip to washington to go to the smithsonian and also the Holocaust Museum. After watching that movie then going to the museum it just had added a real realness to it all.

Leaving Las Vegas -

I might have a tendency to over indulge myself.

Tetsuo, The Iron Man - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096251/

Just watch the movie and tell me if it dosen't make you feel really weird after sitting through it.

Twilight -

Just realizing that I'd payed to see it. My friend lives in Olympia National Forest and most of the movie was filmed there, so I watched it for the scenery. That's the best excuse I can come up with.

The Fourth Kind -

I believe in UFO's and it freaked me out bad, but a great movie

Ink -

There are thousands of movies mad that have to do with the battle between good and evil but this movie moved me because it made me think about what could possibly be going on around you that you can't see. Not that I believe there are things battling for control of our dreams.

Leaving Las Vegas is one of my favorite movies, although it's quite a bummer.

One of Nick Cage's best performances. Elisabeth Shue was great too. And Julian Sands had a good part as her pimp, a pathetic paranoid man. It's more sad than disturbing for me, though there are definitely some disturbing scenes.

For me it's 'A Serbian Film'. I had heard a few little messed up things about it. And because it is getting released in Australia soon, I thought I should watch it before we distribute it at our JB HIFI stores. And well....It is very messed up. I have sat through numerous messed up films that have made me squirm a little bit, but this was the worst. I wouldn't recommend this film to anyone. High pedophilia scenes are in this. How they let this film be released in Australia, I will never know, yet the new Mortal Kombat game got banned.

Me and HollyG watched this film last night, there came a part near the end that was probably the most disturbing thing a father could ever see. I actually turned to Holly and said turn this f@#ki%$ sh@! off right now. In the end I we finished the film but for a guy that really is not sensitive to much I thought about that part the whole day at work it ruined my day.

Is white trash beautiful
Ya It was a depressing film but the acting was amazing Meryl Streep and Kevin Kline were superb.

Me and HollyG watched this film last night, there came a part near the end that was probably the most disturbing thing a father could ever see. I actually turned to Holly and said turn this f@#ki%$ sh@! off right now. In the end I we finished the film but for a guy that really is not sensitive to much I thought about that part the whole day at work it ruined my day.
Yeah, I heard that film called "No Hotlinking Please" is pretty crazy.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Oh, and I also had the misfortune of watching a movie called Tyree in Period Piece (or just Period Piece). More like Piece of ***** if you ask me. Truly revolting, with all kinds of very gross and messed up stuff. I watched about ten minutes, skipped through it to a few parts to see if anything sensible happened and then gave up, turning it off with relief. Luckily I've blanked out most of what I saw.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Audition immediately springs to mind....
You've already repiled in this thread What Is The Most Disturbing Film?

Why did you start this one?

Thread closed.