The King's Speech (2010)

→ in
Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
I totally disagree. Sentimental favorites usually fade after time.
Yeah, I am pretty sure I am the only jack ass that still likes Casablanca.

Great movie and a job well done by Firth. I being a Speech Therapist also enjoyed the movies premise about his stuttering problem.

I never stuttered, I just had problems with certain words and the correct way to say stuff. I had a problem with the letter S (go figure - I call myself "Sexy" - it's psychological).

I knew a guy a couple of years ago who stuttered REAL BADLY. I remember the first time I carried on a conversation with him - I couldn't believe it. He would just stand there, mouth open, looking like he was about to say something, and slowly after sputtering out a few syllables he's finally get what he was trying to say out. "Spit it out!" I wanted to yell at him as I watched him go into a conversation coma. We were with a group of people, thank god, 'cause I'm so immature, I'm sure I had to turn my head away from him a couple of times to let out a big smile/stifled laugh. This was a funny guy. I could see why a movie about a speech defect would be a great movie for the comedic parts.

Careful, man. There's a beverage here!
I am English and even I find English period movies boring. I know that this movie was very well done and had decent acting, but it all seemed too easy. I don't like when a movie so obviously pulls at your heart strings. For me, there were plenty of films that were more deserving of the Oscar. Nothing new was accomplished by this movie.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I am English and even I find English period movies boring.
I usually have no interest whatsoever in English period films but absolutely adored this film. It was just so uplifting and left me with a touch of joy in my heart. While I missed a lot of the other nominated films I certainly think it was a worthy Oscar winner

When I went to see the film there was a massive amount of elderly people (obviously some group or care home outing or something) and you could tell that quite a few were around when it was all happening and were tearing up quite often which I found very touching.

This movie I didn't find it Boring at all

If it might typically be hard to feel too terribly sorry for one of the most privileged human beings ever to walk the planet... Firth more than makes up for that with what is one of the great performances not just of this year but in cinema history.....

Movie Forums Extra
As well as the title of the film, "the king's speech" modest the sense that gives a
person is at the beginning, and the temperament of Hollywood blockbusters, and last year the Oscar for best film the hurt locker, under the background of the modern war human nature thought is also very different. Modest but is by no means clear soup of lessening water, "the king's speech" as a play inside collect and delicate, plucking out deep in a low profile, spreading out the power of touching in the deep.

Movie Forums Extra
what problem??

asg
I really like this movie. In the beginning the King was not so much reassured, but after a while and works, he did some progress and finally he succeeded to make his speech with (almost) no mistakes!
This English period's movie is a moving movie, showing that with a lot of perservance nothing is impossible.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
As well as the title of the film, "the king's speech" modest the sense that gives a
person is at the beginning, and the temperament of Hollywood blockbusters, and last year the Oscar for best film the hurt locker, under the background of the modern war human nature thought is also very different. Modest but is by no means clear soup of lessening water, "the king's speech" as a play inside collect and delicate, plucking out deep in a low profile, spreading out the power of touching in the deep.
Wow! Please, member of the year!

That is A really good movie! My thoughts before seing the movie were "a movie about a king in old Great-Britain... Mmh BORING." Turned out I was completely wrong, this movie was so gripping from the very begining to the end. I was wondering if the King was going to get his speech right or if we were going to see little princess Elisabeth more often etc. This is not a fictional story, it is about a king who really existed, it makes the whole story much more interesting we can link this little part of history to our own (The king his actually Queen Elisabeth II's father). Moreover the cast is stunning! One of my favorite actress plays in it, I obviously am talking about Helena Bonham Carter. And the main actor Collin Firth greatly mime the king's stamming problem. I would definitely recommend this movie to you, I promess you won't regret it!

My first reason to watch this film was that Colin Firth is in it. What a great actor, I love him ! And even if I'm not really keen on the films that tells real stories, I have to say that Kings speech is a good one. Amazing actors, good plot, what else ? Oh yes, there's Colin Firth ! (I think that I've already say that...)