sci-fi movie from 70s/60s

Tools    

I saw this one a very long time ago so my memory is pretty hazy...

There was a family living on some sort of isolated ranch/farm. I think there were four or maybe five of them. I seem to recall they had a very young daughter.

Anyways, there was some kind of time rift somehow and weird things started happening to them. I distinctly remember this cute tiny little fairy-sized alien person/creature, about the size of a finger maybe, who was dancing and spinning around at one point. I seem to recall the little girl watching the alien creature also, but I don['t remember it scaring her. It seemed harmless and cute, like a fairy or pixie or something like that. But I am certain it was some kind of alien. Maybe she was friends with it, I dunno. I also remember dinosaurs fighting with each other while the family watched. The effects used stop-motion animation, I think, which looked pretty decent.

The family were naturally terrified by all the weird stuff happening, and I think the big part at the end of the movie with the dinos and the tiny alien was all set in one night, but I don't remember what happened to the in the end for sure. I think the rift may have closed somehow..

I'm am 90 percent sure this movie was made in the seventies, but maaaybe the sixties.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

This movie question has been asked before by Patricio on the 29th July last year. Patricio found his own answer in the end. Deadite's description of the movie is much more accurate though.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=23265