Will these classic movies ever be remade or never?

Tools    

Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Jaws, Back to the Future even though Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale said no do you really think in some point in our lifetime it will be remade even though they said no? ET:The Extra Terrestrial, Another King Kong movie one that was as good as 2005 version not Kong Skull Island, Earthquake with Charlton Heston, Backdraft a really good follow up sequel not the one that was just previously released, Horror movie remakes like Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolf Man, Creature from the black lagoon,Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde?

Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Jaws, Back to the Future even though Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale said no do you really think in some point in our lifetime it will be remade even though they said no? ET:The Extra Terrestrial, Another King Kong movie one that was as good as 2005 version not Kong Skull Island, Earthquake with Charlton Heston, Horror movie remakes like Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolf Man, Creature from the black lagoon,Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde?
Of the ones you've mentioned, Dracula is probably out, due to the fact that we've been "zombied" to death in the past 10 years. Some of the others are just too near perfection to remake-- like no one would remake Citizen Kane or Vertigo.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde might be dusted off and re-made again. Each time it's been re-made the special effects technology has gotten better. There isn't anything that they can't do now..

I’d love to laugh at these remakes:
Some Like it Hot
Raging Bull
Jaws
Dr. Strangelove
Annie Hall
Psycho (I’m aware of the van Sant version but let’s throw in another!)
Whiplash
The Tree of Life

Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Jaws, Back to the Future even though Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale said no do you really think in some point in our lifetime it will be remade even though they said no? ET:The Extra Terrestrial, Another King Kong movie one that was as good as 2005 version not Kong Skull Island, Earthquake with Charlton Heston, Backdraft a really good follow up sequel not the one that was just previously released, Horror movie remakes like Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolf Man, Creature from the black lagoon,Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde?
I remember reading a few years back how there was a movement to resurrect all the Universal Monster movies (in a shared universe)... what ever happened with that?

The trick is not minding
There were plans at one time to remake several Universal Studios Horror films and have them in a shared universe, but that fell apart after the bomb that is The Mummy.
I think there is an Invisible Man remake coming this year.

Will these classic movies ever be remade or never?

Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Jaws
ET:The Extra Terrestrial
Back to the Future

I doubt Spielberg would ever allow his movies to be remade and you already mentioned Robert Zemeckis has said no. Why would anyone want those films remade anyway? I sure in the hell don't.

Earthquake
Backdraft

I doubt there's enough name recognition to warrant remaking Backdraft, but Earthquake could be cool.

King Kong
Dracula
Frankenstein
Wolf Man
Creature from the black lagoon
Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

Most of those were Universal movies originally, so yeah they've already been remade and will probably be remade again too. Creature From the Black Lagoon would be the freshest one to remake.

Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
could be remade as a transgender transformation film called Dr Jekyll and Ms Hyde that has some possibilities.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
When it comes to Jaws, I actually would like to see an adaptation that is closer to the novel. In the novel, the mayor is desperate to keep the beaches open, cause he owes money to the mob, and is in danger, so the shark attacks or connected to mob ties, plot wise. There is also other stuff going on that would be interesting in contrast to the original as well.

For Dracula, I would like to see a remake of the Nosferatu version of Dracula, with a vampire, closely similar to that one, rather than the charming suave sexy Dracula, to be more different.

I doubt Spielberg would ever allow his movies to be remade and you already mentioned Robert Zemeckis has said no. Why would anyone want those films remade anyway? I sure in the hell don't.
Considering Spielberg is remaking West Side Story he should have no problem with someone wanting to redo one of his "classics" but I wouldn't want to see them.

I'm pretty sure that some point, we will get new looks at Dracula, Frankenstein, and the Wolf Man. Don't see a remake of Close Encounters though.

Most of those were Universal movies originally, so yeah they've already been remade and will probably be remade again too. Creature From the Black Lagoon would be the freshest one to remake.
Oh that's already been re-made. It's title is The Shape of Water ...

Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde could be remade as a transgender transformation film called Dr Jekyll and Ms Hyde that has some possibilities.
You're probably aware of it, Rules, but do you remember the classic Dr. Jekyll and Sister Hyde (1971)? One of the color Hammer Films updates with a gender twist!

You're probably aware of it, Rules, but do you remember the classic Dr. Jekyll and Sister Hyde (1971)? One of the color Hammer Films updates with a gender twist!
No, I didn't know that. But see I had a good idea and someone already stole it

The trick is not minding

Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde could be remade as a transgender transformation film called Dr Jekyll and Ms Hyde that has some possibilities.
I’ve heard of Dr Jekyll and Ms Hyde before, but that was in the early 80’s

No, I didn't know that. But see I had a good idea and someone already stole it
From Wikipedia:

Critical reception

Time Out called the film "enormous fun" and an "admirably successful attempt to ring new changes on an old theme".[2]
George R. Reis from DVD Drive-In gave the film a positive review, writing, "In the hands of most filmmakers of the time, such a gender-bending theme would call for maximum exploitation tactics, but not with Hammer. Clemens' script doesn't take itself too seriously, yet justly fuses the legends of Stevenson's titular character with Jack the Ripper and the graverobbers Burke and Hare".
Reis commended the film's performances and Baker's direction.[3]
Variety Magazine called the film "highly imaginative", further writing, "Director Roy Ward Baker has set a good pace, built tension nicely and played it straight so that all seems credible. He tops chills and gruesome murders with quite a lot of subtle fun. Bates and Beswick, strong, attractive personalities, bear a strange resemblance to each other making the transitions entirely believable."[4]
John Higgins of Starburst Magazine awarded the film 8/10 stars, praising Beswick's performance and the script.[5]

When I was a kid (it was probably on the 4:30 movie when they'd do a Hammer Films Horror week) or on Saturday morning's "Chiller"!

Due for a rewatch as I'm now more familiar with the story it's based upon and how it would have new relevance in our modern world. From what I hear it's developed a bit of a cult following in recent times.

(Plus "Sister Hyde" was intentionally sexy, creating a lot of uncomforable feelings in straight men)!

Must have been British and that poster doesn't look at all familiar to me. I was going to ask if that was the same actor in both roles but it looks like a male and female. But who knows!